AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are very good questions. Unfortunately the answers are impossible to know. Bearing that in mind, I think Houli has every chance of having a great season without quite setting the DT world on fire exactly and Jetta may well play 22 games (or close to it) if he stays fit and may have a good output especially relative to his price.

By good, do you think he will score around the same or higher than the Tomahawk? He is my cheapest foward and am hoping for high 60's low 70s out of him before i upgrade. However if Jetta can score around the same mark it will save me 50K which i can use to improve some other areas.

By good, do you think he will score around the same or higher than the Tomahawk? He is my cheapest foward and am hoping for high 60's low 70s out of him before i upgrade. However if Jetta can score around the same mark it will save me 50K which i can use to improve some other areas.

On average, I think he'll score better than the Tomahawk who IMO is pretty one dimensional. On the other hand Hawk is probably certain of more games.

Its a difficult one but personally I would pick Jetta over Hawkins and I would say that whether I was an Essendon supporter or not.

On average, I think he'll score better than the Tomahawk who IMO is pretty one dimensional. On the other hand Hawk is probably certain of more games.

Its a difficult one but personally I would pick Jetta over Hawkins and I would say that whether I was an Essendon supporter or not.

If Ablett had of continued I would have agreed.
However There will be no Nathan Ablett up forward and Gardner has also left the club.

If not just for a target Hawkins will be in the side and the amount of ball the cats mid fielders win they are bound to direct some through him.

Hawkins over Jetta for me.

Who Do U Guys Think Out Of Staker Edwards Dunn Or C.gardiner Im Leaning Towards Edwards

If he maintains his role in the midfield then Staker is your man only because he will get more of the ball and should automatically averagare around 75 with the potential to get some big scores because nobody will pay him any attention from opposition sides.

Houli isn't a lock....he's cheap and a good young player but he isn't going to get scores you need for someone in your starting line up week in, week out. Dyson is someone that possibly can.

Lets not forget their number one midfielder in Stanton was out. When he comes in you would expect one of their mids from last night to get bumped out. Who will that be? I think it might be Houli who misses out come Round 1. But I may be wrong.

Mate from what I gather, Valenti can't be elevated to the senior list unless someone else is put on the Long Term Injury list. As it stands, he's litterly useless for DT since he's not eligible to play.

That really sucks arse if true.

If Ablett had of continued I would have agreed.
However There will be no Nathan Ablett up forward and Gardner has also left the club.

If not just for a target Hawkins will be in the side and the amount of ball the cats mid fielders win they are bound to direct some through him.

Hawkins over Jetta for me.

If Ablett had continued I don't think anyone would have been kicking to him anyway because he was shite. I still think Hawkins is one dimensional in that he is just a target. He'll take a few marks and miss just as many goals as he kicks whereas Jetta will get quite a few running possessions up and down the ground.

I Think Henderson Over Jetta And Also Dew Over Tomahawk

I had Dew in my team until I saw a training photo of him. Looks like he still needs to lose 10kg. I'd go the Hawk over Dew but Jetta over both.

Lets not forget their number one midfielder in Stanton was out. When he comes in you would expect one of their mids from last night to get bumped out. Who will that be? I think it might be Houli who misses out come Round 1. But I may be wrong.

Unfortunately it will be guesswork for everyone since we don't play until Monday and lockout is Thursday. You can almost guarantee they'll both be named..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt Bachar Houli will play round 1. Probably around 11-13 game through the season barring injuries.

Thoughts?

Chad Cornes
Heath Shaw
Grant Birchall
Tadhg Kennelly
Brad Symes
Martin Mattner
Shannon Hurn

Daniel Cross
Jed Adcock
Travis Johnstone
Steven Salopek
Nick Stevens
Bachar Houli

Dean Cox
Shaun Hampson

Matthew Pavlich
Jonathan Brown
Nathan Thompson
Angus Monfries
Brett Deledio
Jason Porplyzia
Leroy Jetta

Scott Selwood
Jack Grimes
Beau Muston
Craig Bird
John Meesen
Dean Putt
Cyril Rioli
James Sellar

Thoughts?

Chad Cornes
Heath Shaw
Grant Birchall
Tadhg Kennelly
Brad Symes
Martin Mattner
Shannon Hurn

Daniel Cross
Jed Adcock
Travis Johnstone
Steven Salopek
Nick Stevens
Bachar Houli

Dean Cox
Shaun Hampson

Matthew Pavlich
Jonathan Brown
Nathan Thompson

Angus Monfries
Brett Deledio

Jason Porplyzia
Leroy Jetta

Scott Selwood
Jack Grimes
Beau Muston
Craig Bird
John Meesen
Dean Putt
Cyril Rioli
James Sellar

All round, a good team, but the ones in bold, are almost in everyones team, and may burn you

you have to think outside the square and take risks

maybe

Kennelly - Brett jones/ S.Power/Staker/ JW smith/ Lovett murray
Hurn- Gibson / Thurstans/ Rutten/ Ryder
Houli - Coughlan/ Buckley / Butler
Hamspon- shouldnt start him
Nathan Thompson- Dew /Vince. Reimers/ Thorp
Monfries- Westhoff/ Burton/ Davey/ Didak (not a fan though)
Deledio- Cloke/ Kositchze/ Bate/ Mooney/ Stokes/ C.Jones/ Thomas/ Grant
Porplyzia- Tredrea (looks good) / Lecras/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back