AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

essendon looked awsum last night. there pace and skill was superb.
not getting carried away yet though hopefully they can finish top 8

We did look great, playing on at every opportunity and handpassing to create some doubt in the opposition's mind and also to get it quick down into the forwardline...Considering Stanton, Fletcher, Lloyd, Lovett & Winderlich we have to come back in, and all our rookies were playing last night, it was a fantastic display...We made a couple of errors handpassing around the ground a little to much, but I'd rather see us trying to create some run than going back and taking half an hour to kick it...Let's hope we can carry that sought of form into the season proper...! :thumbsu:

Anyway getting back onto the subject, Dyson played a fantasic game last night DT wise, but I'll warn people that have quickly jumped on the bandwagon...He won't get as much midfield time with Winderlich, Stanton & to a lesser extent Lovett coming back in, so he won't be getting them numbers again in a hurry...He looks to have found some good form though, so hopefully he carries his good form into the premiership season...:thumbsu:

shame its only nab cup great source.

Not really, we could have demolished them even more if we didn't make so many errors still trying to adapt to our new brand of footy...In the season proper, we should've gotten used to our game plan, so I would expect alot less errors come the start of the season...

Yeah but they get more gametime then they normally would.
Doesn't matter TAZZA, we now know that we've got alot more depth than previous years, so we're not really relying on our more senior players anymore...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but they mainly rest most of the good players. do you think all the youngsters sydney played against the hawks will get the same amount of gametime in round 1? i dont think so. i dont think the nab cup means anything. some players have great nab cups yet do nothing during the season.

Anyway getting back onto the subject, Dyson played a fantasic game last night DT wise, but I'll warn people that have quickly jumped on the bandwagon...He won't get as much midfield time with Winderlich, Stanton & to a lesser extent Lovett coming back in, so he won't be getting them numbers again in a hurry...He looks to have found some good form though, so hopefully he carries his good form into the premiership season...:thumbsu:

I don't care GS, I'm on the bandwagon. He's in and Bryce Gibbs is out.

Not really, we could have demolished them even more if we didn't make so many errors still trying to adapt to our new brand of footy...In the season proper, we should've gotten used to our game plan, so I would expect alot less errors come the start of the season...

Don't forget though GS the Dogs were tired from playing in Darwin, that's why we won this week apparently :rolleyes:

but they mainly rest most of the good players. do you think all the youngsters sydney played against the hawks will get the same amount of gametime in round 1? i dont think so. i dont think the nab cup means anything. some players have great nab cups yet do nothing during the season.

The Western Bulldogs had Brad Johnson, Scott West, Brian Harris, Ben Hudson & Scott Welsh playing last night, they didn't seem to rest any other important players besides Gilbee...

Look I just want to reiterate that I'm going to be seriously annoyed if Shane Valenti doesn't get a game this season. I've already put him on the bench and spent the extra cash. I like the way the team looks and its going to be really painful to have to drag him for someone more expensive along with the other changes I'll have to make.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Obviously if it turns out he had a shit game last night, I'll feel a bit better about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back