AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in any feedback on the following theory for this years backs position.

- Take 5 backs over $300K who will pull 80-100 ppw.
- Set and forget. Easiest position to get 22 game players.
- Steer clear of $150K - $300K range as there are many speculators but few guaranteed improvers.
- Take 2 rookies who will pull 50 ppw in starting lineup.

Did some guesstimates around this and it came up better than taking the mid-range players. Also, 5 solid picks helps with trade protection as only 2 need to be traded in as opposed to possible 3-4 with mid-rangers if they don't improve. Also, there seems to be plenty of rookies in the backs who may fit the bill (Selwood, Pfieffer, Myers, Lonergan, Lower, Thompson).

Yep, thats what i'm looking at!!

Cornes
Bowden
Shaw
Birchall
Mcleod
Proud
Pfeiffer

Obviously last 2 depend on whos named rnd 1...

Interested in any feedback on the following theory for this years backs position.

- Steer clear of $150K - $300K range as there are many speculators but few guaranteed improvers.

Did some guesstimates around this and it came up better than taking the mid-range players. Also, 5 solid picks helps with trade protection as only 2 need to be traded in as opposed to possible 3-4 with mid-rangers if they don't improve. Also, there seems to be plenty of rookies in the backs who may fit the bill (Selwood, Pfieffer, Myers, Lonergan, Lower, Thompson).

Good theory. But i reckon its safer starting only 1 rookie, and then having one middrange player such as mattner or nicoski. I have 1 starting rookie in every area except rucks.

Two questions, who are the hawthorn players that are suspended for the start of the

season and how long? Secondly, Andrew Welsh, how do u all think he will go this

season? Does anyone know about any new role that Knights has given him? or is he

pretty much just gonna be that defensive forward which is useless for DT?

Definitely Hodge for 2. I think the other 2 are Crawford and Lewis.

Yer very similar to what Im doing for my backline, but I dont think you should start 2 rookies in any one position, its better to spread them out

wat r your other theorys on the (mid/ruck/foward)

wat r your other theorys on the (mid/ruck/foward)

Probably no surprises.

Centres - 2 stars > $400K approx. 4 players in the $150K - $300K range where a large number of improvers sit.

Rucks - Simmonds plus the decision not yet made (Cox or no Cox + $100K)

Forwards -2 stars > $400K. 4 in the $250K - $350K range and 1 Rookie.

3 Rookies starting is the huge risk but IMO it's really more about 1) who will improve the most and 2) saving trades.

At the end of the day every team starts with last years average (apart from discounted players) so it's about maximum improvement with the least number of trades.

Stars must be durable and anyone worth less than 300K must improve.

thanks

i am struggling to choose my 4 rookies in my (mid) i have a few in mind Morton/Palmer/Tuck/Houli/Morton/Bird who do u think

quick question.
upgrade fraser to cox OR
upgrade franklin to pavlich OR
upgrade symes to drummond OR
upgrade douglas to hall/didak

unsure as to what to do. a ranking from 1-4 would also help thx

quick question.
upgrade fraser to cox OR

1. 15-20 pt difference. Collingwood has an actual backup ruck now
2. Inconsistency vs Consistency + 10-15 points to Pav
3. Again 10-15 point difference, Drummond is a big risk IMO
4. Didak and Hall potentially around the 80-85 mark. Dougo 65-70.

Id probably go 1 or 4, with maybe searching around for a few extra $ to turn Hall or Didak into a Deledio/that price range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quick question.
upgrade fraser to cox OR

upgrade fraser to cox 2 good ruck for a super ruck
upgrade franklin to pavlich 1 (pav = too good)
upgrade symes to drummond 3 (maybe for some1 else at that price)
upgrade douglas to hall 4 (douglas = could have a big season this year)

k i got no reply before but ill try again.

I have Nathan Thompson and am looking maybe to earn a bit of cash.

Who around or a bit lower in price is a decent get instead of thomo? Or is thomo okay to be in my 22?

Probably no surprises.

Centres - 2 stars > $400K approx. 4 players in the $150K - $300K range where a large number of improvers sit.

Rucks - Simmonds plus the decision not yet made (Cox or no Cox + $100K)

Forwards -2 stars > $400K. 4 in the $250K - $350K range and 1 Rookie.

3 Rookies starting is the huge risk but IMO it's really more about 1) who will improve the most and 2) saving trades.

At the end of the day every team starts with last years average (apart from discounted players) so it's about maximum improvement with the least number of trades.

Stars must be durable and anyone worth less than 300K must improve.

Exactly the same as mine except i have been able to afford 4 stars > $400k in my forward line, plus Cox who is a must IMO.

why would i be comparing them?

Scott stevens or symes?

i'll answer the right question, don't worry mate. It's not easy but would have to say Symes. He won't have to hold down a key back position at any stage of the year, also Symes has proven himself that he is capable of averaging 80+. Symes for me mate.

1. 15-20 pt difference. Collingwood has an actual backup ruck now
2. Inconsistency vs Consistency + 10-15 points to Pav
3. Again 10-15 point difference, Drummond is a big risk IMO
4. Didak and Hall potentially around the 80-85 mark. Dougo 65-70.

Id probably go 1 or 4, with maybe searching around for a few extra $ to turn Hall or Didak into a Deledio/that price range.

already have didak. also OR palmer to dyson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back