AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that 'mail' i had was hinting at today... hoping it is still right!! but.. not holding my breath!!

the 10th seems too far away tho...

Now its just "hinting"?? You were pretty sure when you first mentioned it!! :mad::rolleyes:

well ive heard many dates
but warnie you said you had a very reliable 'source'
so im back to believing that is should indeed be today
if its not we can all blame warnie here :D

Too right. You're a marked man warnie. If its not open at midday you better be on the high noon train outta here pardner lol

reliable source.. yes.. hinting.. kinda - like, i was lead to believe that.. apparently the opening date in 07 changed a couple of times too!!

blame me.. hehe.. sorry!!

just understand i will be just as disappointd if its not open today!!! i live and breathe this!!

Isn't this Marc Murphy's third year?

He is in his third year this yeah. He's another one i'll think about trading into the team pre-round three. However I think he'll only become a DT gun when Judd comes back and gets the tag. Then there'll be Carazzo, Judd and possibly Stevens getting the tags. Frees up Murphy to improve on his 05 form ;)

Another one i'm interested in is David Armitage. Seems to fit well within the Saints midfield. With Montagna having a huge 07, it might be a case of shut him down, and let the others run.

I like your theory on third year players.

I'm having real trouble believing it would be a good thing to have two 400k+ players in your midfield given the myriad of underpriced quality and potential quality available in this part of the ground. My most expensive midfielder at the moment is 360k.

I totally agree about the backline, there are virtually no good cheap options available and the forwardline is always going to be a bit of a punt considering the up and down nature of most forward players in the lower brackets.

Surely its better to spend most of your money forward and back, leaving your midfield to rack up the cash. If you're worried about not having an absolute gun in your midfield to make captain then one 400k+ player in this position but there's just no way I could justify having any more than one to start with... unless someone gives me a really good argument as to why I should.

Good food for thought XDon, I might consider pulling one high range centre and loading up more in the bottom end forwards where I am weak.

He is in his third year this yeah. He's another one i'll think about trading into the team pre-round three. However I think he'll only become a DT gun when Judd comes back and gets the tag. Then there'll be Carazzo, Judd and possibly Stevens getting the tags. Frees up Murphy to improve on his 05 form ;)

Another one i'm interested in is David Armitage. Seems to fit well within the Saints midfield. With Montagna having a huge 07, it might be a case of shut him down, and let the others run.

I like your theory on third year players.
Agree with you on Murphy. I hadn't planned to include him, but now I've got something to think about. Armitage had huge raps on him last year for sure. He could definitely be good pickup if he gets game time.
I like your thinking mate. :thumbsu:

reliable source.. yes.. hinting.. kinda - like, i was lead to believe that.. apparently the opening date in 07 changed a couple of times too!!

blame me.. hehe.. sorry!!

just understand i will be just as disappointd if its not open today!!! i live and breathe this!!

So I see. Just watched episode 2 of DT Talk. Have to say I got quite a few chuckles. Warnie in bed with the prospectus, tissue in hand?

Mate...:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you dont know when it is going to happen, stop guessing! Some people are just hanging on too tightly and it p*ss*s me off.
If i put a post on here saying it will open on Sunday at 1am im sure alot of people will quote me on that and pass it onto others. Next thing people will log on at that time and start complaining that it didnt open at 1am.
Its no use guessing, unless you have inside knowledge or a confirmed start date/time.

Bradshaw
Hawkins
N Thompson
Henderson

Probably gonna have to choose one of these blokes for a spot in my forward line.....Who have most people went with? Pretty much a lucky dip.

Bradshaw
Hawkins
N Thompson
Henderson

Probably gonna have to choose one of these blokes for a spot in my forward line.....Who have most people went with? Pretty much a lucky dip.

yeh i wouldnt go bradshaw becoz he will start round 3/4/5. N.Thompson was going to be my pick becoz his first intra club hitout he kicked 3 goals. Hawkins is the guy that can score 100's and with the almighty geelong side he should get plenty of it. Hawkins is in my side.

But i was thinking that Bradshaw and Henderson in the same side becoz henderson will fill the shoes of Bradshaw whilst hes out. Henderson may still play when Bradshaw comes back if he impresses.

so ever
Hawkins and probably T.Lonergan as a back sub
Bradshaw and Henderson as a forw sub

i was looking at playing 3 gun midfielders 4 if you include gun N.Stevens any thoughts.
2 of my gun midfielders are from 370k to 400 k and im looking at buying a captain either K.Cornes or S.Thompson.

and is it a wrong move to play 2 gun midfielders from the one side becoz surely one will get tagged eg N.Lappin and L.Power

i was looking at playing 3 gun midfielders 4 if you include gun N.Stevens any thoughts.
2 of my gun midfielders are from 370k to 400 k and im looking at buying a captain either K.Cornes or S.Thompson.

and is it a wrong move to play 2 gun midfielders from the one side becoz surely one will get tagged eg N.Lappin and L.Power

Unless they're playing the Swans where everyone gets tagged. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back