AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i emailed afl.com.au
got an email back saying that he expects it to open on the 10th march which is a monday
its not opening today , that i can tell you

whats with every1 and capitals

Its not just capitals. Its also when people write words like 2morrow or 2night or 'every1'. That is also very annoying.

Also, when people don't start a sentence with a capital and end with no full stop.

People get annoyed if you take a thread off-topic as well.:D

its only a guy from optus or telstra whoever do the afl site
wouldnt take it as 100%
personally i always thought itd be a monday whether it was the 25th feb or the 3rd march
they did say it would open earlier this yr
my pick is still the 3rd of march

What does everyone think is a better midfield?

Cross
Stanton
Stevens
Dyson
4 rookies

or save a bit of money and go with

Cross
Stevens
Dyson
Coughlan
4 rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyubbo
Aren't people jumping on Nathan Jones this year? He's had an excellent pre-season and is one of those who is set for a super year.
I'm on the Jones wagon. 3rd year midfielders really kick on. They have miles in the legs but still don't cop the tag.
Egs - Brock McLean 64 average up to 92 avge in 3rd year
Jordan Lewis 75 avge up to 95
Nathan Foley 61 to 81
Nice pickup mate. Some thought-provoking research there.
Isn't this Marc Murphy's third year?

i emailed afl.com.au
got an email back saying that he expects it to open on the 10th march which is a monday
its not opening today , that i can tell you
Nah I heard it opens March 18. I got an email from iinet saying so..

Nah I heard it opens March 18. I got an email from iinet saying so..

That's ludicrous. You'd think they would want it open for at least 3 weeks before the season so they can get the most amount of entries. The more entries, the bigger it is, the more money its worth to the AFL through sponsorship.

It surely will be open a lot sooner then 48 hours before the first bounce.

im struggling to find the stats for round 1 and round 2 of NAB cup and i realise that the Nab challenge games probably dont have stats.
can any1 help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's ludicrous. You'd think they would want it open for at least 3 weeks before the season so they can get the most amount of entries. The more entries, the bigger it is, the more money its worth to the AFL through sponsorship.
It surely will be open a lot sooner then 48 hours before the first bounce.
Sorry mate, couldn't resist. ;) Warnie knows.

Probably no surprises.

Centres - 2 stars > $400K approx. 4 players in the $150K - $300K range where a large number of improvers sit.

Rucks - Simmonds plus the decision not yet made (Cox or no Cox + $100K)

Forwards -2 stars > $400K. 4 in the $250K - $350K range and 1 Rookie.

3 Rookies starting is the huge risk but IMO it's really more about 1) who will improve the most and 2) saving trades.

At the end of the day every team starts with last years average (apart from discounted players) so it's about maximum improvement with the least number of trades.

Stars must be durable and anyone worth less than 300K must improve.

I'm having real trouble believing it would be a good thing to have two 400k+ players in your midfield given the myriad of underpriced quality and potential quality available in this part of the ground. My most expensive midfielder at the moment is 360k.

I totally agree about the backline, there are virtually no good cheap options available and the forwardline is always going to be a bit of a punt considering the up and down nature of most forward players in the lower brackets.

Surely its better to spend most of your money forward and back, leaving your midfield to rack up the cash. If you're worried about not having an absolute gun in your midfield to make captain then one 400k+ player in this position but there's just no way I could justify having any more than one to start with... unless someone gives me a really good argument as to why I should.

Nor! And you even knew what sort of mood i was in as well:D.

And i'm still hoping Warnie's info is correct.;)

when does warnie feel it will start??
anyway we have fanplanner which is still the same

that 'mail' i had was hinting at today... hoping it is still right!! but.. not holding my breath!!

the 10th seems too far away tho...

well ive heard many dates
but warnie you said you had a very reliable 'source'
so im back to believing that is should indeed be today
if its not we can all blame warnie here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back