AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds about right ...like most though i;m on the hunt for DEFINITE rnd 1 starters amongst the grommetts.
Classical inside mid in the making...i'm thinking he might be worth it though even if not rnd 1.
Plenty of decisions to come yet :thumbsu: Good luck for the season.

edit..just looked on FF..check out his SC score for just 20 touches...144

90 for DT. 6 tackles helped though.

Can people please stop talking Monfries up. He's done nothing this pre season to suggest that he'll take that step and become a rugular high scoer in DT. He's been servicable at best.

being an essendon supporter I should probably now this, but due to the way essendon play their footy (run and carry)
Will stanton's scores be reduced due to the amount of points he got from marks last year.
If we played stagnant footy, it would obviously mean a better score for stanton.
75 wasn't too bad for his first game back in afl level.

Get a team sorted out via FF and get someone you trust to enter it for you...just need to give them your usual details and whamo!!!! Done....may miss out on a few of the rookies but go some safe selections and at least you'll have a team...better then nothing!!!

This 1 time, at band camp, i stuck a flute.........

the problem is..

Anybody who can do it for me is going on this camp. The others i wouldn't trust

Good win by the Saints tonight showing some good signs but I was a very happy as a Bombers supporter tonight...I hate saying it as I am an umpire, but some of the umpiring decisions were just shocking, and one example of that was when Alwyn stole the ball of Rix/Gardiner/King in the air and it was a free for push in the back...Not blaming them though, some sloppy free kicks against from the likes of Watson & Dick, but good win by the Saints, I feel very much robbed...:( Monfries had a little tussle with Armitage for the ball in the dying seconds of the last quarter, 50/50, and he got paid for holding the ball when he put his head over the footy, don't like it when umpires don't reward players first in for the footy...:thumbsdown:

Anyway, back to DT, Welsh & Armitage showed some potential tonight as big DT scorers, and Jones & Hayes showed their ball winning ability throughout the night...Wasn't a huge match possession wise, but players showed patches of form which could be pretty good guides into picking them for your team....Hawthorn v. Adelaide should be another cracker...:thumbsu:

Good win by the Saints tonight showing some good signs but I was a very happy as a Bombers supporter tonight...I hate saying it as I am an umpire, but some of the umpiring decisions were just shocking, and one example of that was when Alwyn stole the ball of Rix/Gardiner/King in the air and it was a free for push in the back...Not blaming them though, some sloppy free kicks against from the likes of Watson & Dick, but good win by the Saints, I feel very much robbed...:( Monfries had a little tussle with Armitage for the ball in the dying seconds of the last quarter, 50/50, and he got paid for holding the ball when he put his head over the footy, don't like it when umpires don't reward players first in for the footy...:thumbsdown:

Anyway, back to DT, Welsh & Armitage showed some potential tonight as big DT scorers, and Jones & Hayes showed their ball winning ability throughout the night...Wasn't a huge match possession wise, but players showed patches of form which could be pretty good guides into picking them for your team....Hawthorn v. Adelaide should be another cracker...:thumbsu:

GS what would be your take on stanton's dreamteam output.
3 marks only? The new essendon game plan doesn't seem to suit him dt wise

GS what would be your take on stanton's dreamteam output.
3 marks only? The new essendon game plan doesn't seem to suit him dt wise

Don't worry about Stanton DT wise, he was playing off the half back line for around half of the match and he was on the bench for a bit of time as well...It was his first game back and he had a great 1st quarter, getting 10 disposals...He'll be cherry ripe come the season proper with a good tight match under his belt...:thumbsu:

Don't worry about Stanton DT wise, he was playing off the half back line for around half of the match and he was on the bench for a bit of time as well...It was his first game back and he had a great 1st quarter, getting 10 disposals...He'll be cherry ripe come the season proper with a good tight match under his belt...:thumbsu:

Thanks mate,
just a bit worried about the marking aspect of his game, stanton gets alot of kicks around the hfb line but that didn't really show up in his game today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read it on Real Footy

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/ne...id-richmond-win/2008/02/29/1204226997369.html

RICHMOND 5.5 10.7 15.8 17.11 (113)
SYDNEY 3.3 7.7 11.9 13.10 (88)

Goals: Richmond: M Richardson 5 B Deledio 3 K Johnson 2 C Hughes S Tuck G Polak K Pettifer R Tambling N Brown M White. Sydney: B Hall 4 J Bolton 2 J McVeigh D Jolly B Kirk M O'Loughlin J Moore R O'Keefe L Ablett.

Best: Richmond: M Richardson B Deledio K Johnson. Sydney: B Hall E Barlow J Bolton.

Injuries: Richmond: J Schulz (rib) T Simmonds (foot). Sydney: Nil.
Reports: Nil.
Crowd: 8,296 at Narrandera Sports Ground, Narrandera NSW.

This came up on Real Footy as well a little while after the scorecard.

Richmond had a convincing pre-season win over Sydney tonight but lost promising key position player Jay Schulz to a worrying rib injury and Graham Polak to a foot injury.
Tigers star Matthew Richardson kicked five goals to lead the Tigers to a promising 17.11 (113) to 13.10 (88) victory, but the injuries were a concern for coach Terry Wallace.
Wallace said Schulz was going to be taken to Wagga Wagga Base Hospital because he was struggling to breathe, but the Tigers medical team decided to get him back on a plane to Melbourne tonight.
"Jay Schulz has got a rib injury, we're not exactly sure of the extent of that," Wallace said after the match.
"He'll get x-rays tomorrow.
"If you cop a full-blooded knee to the ribs going at the pace these blokes are going at, I think it was Richo (Richardson), so that's a hundred-odd kilos sort of going through your ribs, a bit of friendly fire."
Wallace said the 22-year-old had pulled up okay soon after the match but would be closely examined tomorrow.
Ruckman Troy Simmonds came off as a precaution with stiffness in his quad and the Tigers suffered a third injury to Polak, who came off with a bruised heel.
Despite the injuries the Tigers won convincingly thanks to Richardson's straight kicking and the pace of Nathan Foley and Richard Tambling through the midfield.
Wallace was happy with both the result and style of play from the Tigers.
"We've got more speed in that area (the midfield) and probably just more guys who can work through the middle of the ground, which is something that we've been trying to work towards for three or four years now and finally we're seeing some of that come to fruition," he said.
Swans coach Paul Roos wasn't worried by the result, admitting he was more concerned about giving some youngsters a run and getting key players like Barry Hall, who kicked four goals, and Michael O'Loughlin match fit.
Ed Barlow, Jared Moore, Heath Grundy, Matt O'Dwyer and Jesse White all came in for praise from Roos, who said he would looking for all of the youngsters to press for game time in the season proper.
"The main thing tonight was about playing against a team that was full strength, sometimes you can play in these games where one team's got a lot of good players and the other team's got not so many and I thought tonight was good," Roos said.

Not too serious by the looks of it.

Monfries - 46
Gram - 27

Couple of players which i wont be touching with a 10 foot pole.
Also whats peoples thoughts on David Myers, heard a bit about him but havent seen much of him....

Lets put Monfries to bed now hey!!!

Didnt rate Dempsey, just my take on the game, quick but thats as far as it goes!!

Wrong guys sat out tonight and you could see it in the flow of the bombers game, just a bit proppy from the last weeks!!! I know they wanted to have a look at a few guys and i think Knights has seen enough to be happy with Houli and Dyson.

Stanton looks like getting a shite load of ball again, always in the right spot and i'm liking Ryder, not from a DT POV but just versatile.

Lenny Hayes is a gun!!!! But stay away from him:D

Everyone is complaining about the lack of mid-priced Defenders but whats wrong with Johncock, Lovett-Murray, Soloman?

Everyone is complaining about the lack of mid-priced Defenders but whats wrong with Johncock, Lovett-Murray, Soloman?

Well @ >300K i wouldnt call Solomon mid priced and yet his NAB has been strong so far not willing to outlay that sort of money on him.

Johncock, to up and down for me and i'm not settled with ADL backs this year, seems to me that there is a few too many possie getters down back.....

NLM, dont know much about him, i just feel that for a price of around 200K and below you could get the same result as these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back