AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading Dew now would so so dumb, he still has ave 85, even with a 30 when he comes will still give a good ave 66 and will rise in price. Guess it all depends on your bench cover...

I might get of him because he will be out for 6 weeks IMO

Hill or Gamble is my question

Also, anyone know the latest on Dempesy?

i am hesitant about trading dew for hill but i think he's better value still.

EASIEST WAY TO WIN YOUR LEAGUE: enter the league but don't select your team until before round 3, I tried it and it works. I will finish pretty low in overall DT rankings as i'm 2 rounds down but i now know exactly who to pick and will win my league.

I thought you got kicked out if you did;t enter a team?

Maybe they changed it this year due to the server crashing, as a lot of people couldn't complete their teams.

Ranked 2,311 overall.

That's quite good for me, because I'm not what you'd consider a dt expert.

Thinking of doing the following this week:

OUT:

Adam Selwood
Brett Ebert

IN:

Rhys Palmer
Brad Johnson

Thoughts?

Okay so I think I might end up making two trades this week. First will be Jetta for Hill - pretty self explanatory.

Second trade, im not so sure about. Im thinking that I want Thornton in the side. If he is Carltons new link man, he will kill it this year. Plus his price is about to sky-rocket, so if he does drop off it will be easier to trade him out for an elite back.

This is my backline at the moment:

C Cornes
H Shaw
Birchall
Ellis
Mattner
Symes
Barlow
Hansen
Proud

Who is the best person to drop for Thornton? I think its out of Mattner and Symes - they are all roughly the same price. Mattner has shown a bit so far (providing run out of defence when Kennelly is tagged), Symes hasnt looked as good.

So yeah, Symes out for Thornton. Good idea?

i wouldnt trade out Symes just yet... He played good against the Eagles and i think his ready to explode, but who knows, theres no doubt you should keep him in your side though, that match was a massive confidence booster.

Not sure i can help you. But something to think about is that Kennelly won't be tagged every game. This means Mattners scores could be pretty erratic, I mean if 78 is his potential then he could be pretty average this year.

Okay so I think I might end up making two trades this week. First will be Jetta for Hill - pretty self explanatory.

Second trade, im not so sure about. Im thinking that I want Thornton in the side. If he is Carltons new link man, he will kill it this year. Plus his price is about to sky-rocket, so if he does drop off it will be easier to trade him out for an elite back.

This is my backline at the moment:

C Cornes
H Shaw
Birchall
Ellis
Mattner
Symes
Barlow
Hansen
Proud

Who is the best person to drop for Thornton? I think its out of Mattner and Symes - they are all roughly the same price. Mattner has shown a bit so far (providing run out of defence when Kennelly is tagged), Symes hasnt looked as good.

So yeah, Symes out for Thornton. Good idea?
almost sideways. don't gain that much from a trade like that...a bit of extra cash and maybe an extra 10-30points a week. and how many times will Kennelly be tagged? weakest link is probably Hansen, only because he didn't play this round.

btw guys, off topic (a fair bit, but still games board) anyone wanna play in the SFA (Simulated Footy Competition). I play for the West Coast Wonders (but not just for Eagles supporters) and yeah if anyone wants to play give me a PM. If anyone here has an issue with this being here just let me know and i'll take it down, just DT thread is prime recruiting.

BUMP

They're off to a flyer. They really are doing well.
Seems to me the mantra of picking a team where most of the players beat last year's average is being applied. That's all you have to do.

Hmmm, got lucky this week. Surprised I was still that high, as only 3 guys cracked the ton (Cox/Cross/Porps), but luckily I had the big guy captain.

Lot's of 50's and 60's this week and a 28 from Kennelly, so there's lots of room for improvement.

To my first trades of the DT season. I'm getting Hill in and have 369900 for a back.

I was looking at Brett Jones, who would save me around ~90K for later trades, but he only got around ~70 this week.

Also looking at Gilbee, Milburn, Newman and Wirrpanda.

Any ideas? :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the **** is their a Raw Talent team coming 23rd in the Bulldogs supporters rankings? ****ing cheating ****.

Anyway, i'm very surprised up went up the rankings from 650ish to 350ish with a score of 1876. Reading this board today i thought i was going to slip out of the top 5000.

Very happy with that, I still want to punch Laidley in the face for giving me a zero today though.

It is with much greater clarity that I can now trade the injured Le Cras for Josh Hill. What a contested marking gun!

Will use the funds to upgrade Buckley to a gun midfielder....

last year there were prizes for having the highest weekly score out of your supported club supporters...
is there anything like that this year?
or is there only the top weekly out of everyone, and major overall?

OK like everyone else I'm hopping on the Hill bandwagon this week but am stuck with what to do with the money I now have left over. Have about $160k in the bank after doing that trade and am unsure which way to go.

Options:
1. Upgrade Aker to either Chapman or J.Brown which would leave me $30-60k in the kitty.
2. Upgrade Nathan Jones to Ablett which would leave me $40k
3. Upgrade Griffen to Cross which would leave me $200 in the bank.
4. Upgrade Judd to Bartel which would leave me $30k in the bank.
5. Do nothing and sit on the cash and wait for prices to change next week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

OK like everyone else I'm hopping on the Hill bandwagon this week but am stuck with what to do with the money I now have left over. Have about $160k in the bank after doing that trade and am unsure which way to go.

Options:
1. Upgrade Aker to either Chapman or J.Brown which would leave me $30-60k in the kitty.
2. Upgrade Nathan Jones to Ablett which would leave me $40k
3. Upgrade Griffen to Cross which would leave me $200 in the bank.
4. Upgrade Judd to Bartel which would leave me $30k in the bank.
5. Do nothing and sit on the cash and wait for prices to change next week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1. Aker is a bit of a tease these two weeks he is having three slow quaters then getting 50 in one quater, i have him and will stick with him he may start stringing them together.
2. Not sure on Nathan melbourne are getting hammered and he is scoring ok he may come good when/if melbourne improve
3. I gave griffen he is playing above value no need to trade for me.
4. dont trade judd he will explode its only a matter of time.

I have a trade in mind as well

Nathan Thompson looks like he will go up but north willl be sharing it around there forward line more so he wont be reaching his old heights. I need money to upgrade a back as i could cop zeros so am looking at downgrading nathan to hill and using this money to upgrade Hansen to a 22 game player of around 220K any idea who looks good maybe nicoski?

Hi Guys Below is my Forward Line

Nick Riewoldt
Jonathon Brown
Jason Akermanis
Alan Didak
Aaron Davey
Cyril Rioli
Stuart Dew

Bench
Gamble
Lachlan Hansen

Obviousley as Davey and Dew are both injured i am looking at doing the following trades

Aaron Davey for Robert Murphy
Or Brett Burton

Whats everyones thoughts?

Stewart Dew For Josh Hill
Nathan Thompson
or Matt Campbell

My opinion of Aker has always been that he won't "step up" this year. That he will probably keep his average, but that's it...

So with that in mid, I would suggest upgrading him... :D

By the way, Too Serious has been updated with the Round 2 stats.

Enjoy. :D
Cheers and who would you go with Chapman or Brown. Personally I'm leading towards Chapman and will wait for Brown because I think he will drop a little in value after another slow start. 66 last week and playing the Swans this week wont help either.

BTW great site you have going, helps out a fair bit even though I'm not that serious about DT it does help with deciding what to do.

1. Aker is a bit of a tease these two weeks he is having three slow quaters then getting 50 in one quater, i have him and will stick with him he may start stringing them together.
2. Not sure on Nathan melbourne are getting hammered and he is scoring ok he may come good when/if melbourne improve
3. I gave griffen he is playing above value no need to trade for me.
4. dont trade judd he will explode its only a matter of time.

I have a trade in mind as well

Nathan Thompson looks like he will go up but north willl be sharing it around there forward line more so he wont be reaching his old heights. I need money to upgrade a back as i could cop zeros so am looking at downgrading nathan to hill and using this money to upgrade Hansen to a 22 game player of around 220K any idea who looks good maybe nicoski?
Looking like I'll either go the Jones to Ablett or Aker to Chapman option. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers and who would you go with Chapman or Brown. Personally I'm leading towards Chapman and will wait for Brown because I think he will drop a little in value after another slow start. 66 last week and playing the Swans this week wont help either.

BTW great site you have going, helps out a fair bit even though I'm not that serious about DT it does help with deciding what to do.

pssst, you frequent a forum on the internet and have posted 158 posts too the DreamTeam discussion thread... so mate, I think that qualifies as too serious... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back