AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course.

To answer your question I don't really know if there are any good DT'ers in this thread but there is a lot of crapola being spoken by many. The more people talk about this (over and over again) the less they're likely to know anything i reckon. There is a chance that over-analysing it will see you fail.

Whats the definition of a good DT'er anyway?

It is a massive shame.
Which is why this "private board" needs to go ahead.

And you can call me all you want, "average dream teamer" my ass.
Average is probably being nice. Really you've got absolute no idea and just believe in your own bullshit. Who the heck picks Matthew Whelan and John Anthony? You guessed it, a DTer who has no clue!

You were proved to be a fraud last year and now you're only making things worse.

Im thinking i might go,
S Johnson --> Hill,
Jones-> Kelly/Murphy,

next week
Wood --> Cox.

I will then be happy with the team and use money changes to determine trades.

These trades are pointless, they are sideways trades, Steve Johnson has 2 bad games and your of the bandwagon ? You selected him at the start of the year knowing that you wouldnt need to trade him, and trading him to Hill is just going to use up another trade later of upgrading him to a gun. And Jones is in fairly good form at the moment so i wouldnt be trading him out. But i can see that the only reason your doing these trades is to gain Cox next week, But still . . .

To answer your question I don't really know if there are any good DT'ers in this thread but there is a lot of crapola being spoken by many. The more people talk about this (over and over again) the less they're likely to know anything i reckon. There is a chance that over-analysing it will see you fail.

Whats the definition of a good DT'er anyway?
A good DTer is someone who constantly finishes top 100-200, doesnt talk shit, knows his strategy and doesnt pick hacks like Matthew Whelan ;)

Average is probably being nice. Really you've got absolute no idea and just believe in your own bullshit. Who the heck picks Matthew Whelan and John Anthony? You guessed it, a DTer who has no clue!

You were proved to be a fraud last year and now you're only making things worse.

2 players out of my 30 to critique?
Hmm.

I guess you know nothing about "uniqueness".
Unique players brings you away from the pack.
They both would have been out before lockout but i could not get on.
With that being said, they are also both a chance to play this week.
M.Whelan, in the best 18 for his current team and scored 100's in the past is valued at 180k, in a department with very little quality (backs).
J.Anthony, well cant say he is much better than L.Hansen who is also yet to play. :rolleyes:

2 players out of my 30 to critique?
Hmm.

I guess you know nothing about "uniqueness".
Unique players brings you away from the pack.
They both would have been out before lockout but i could not get on.
With that being said, they are also both a chance to play this week.
M.Whelan, in the best 18 for his current team and scored 100's in the past is valued at 180k, in a department with very little quality (backs).
J.Anthony, well cant say he is much better than L.Hansen who is also yet to play. :rolleyes:
Well you got 1 thing right. They sure do take you away from the pack. Well away.

Blame lockout however much you want. Simple fact is, you should never had Whelan and Anthony to begin with.

I'll go into more depth about your crap side. Picking 3 Essendon midfielders is a disaster. Okay, picking 1 of Houli and Dyson is okay but not both. Having only 1 gun mid (Cross) and Stanton who wont average more than last year isnt going to cut it. You have 5 backs playing, lol.

You picked Kreuzer over Hampson :eek: You picked Meesen when you might aswell have gone Hampson + a 72k rookie because he wont get regular games and if he does will average sub 30s.

Warrent Tredrea is a shocking pick. NG Brown is over the hill. O'Keefe + Cloke are much better picks at a cheaper price.

Is that good enough for you?

These trades are pointless, they are sideways trades, Steve Johnson has 2 bad games and your of the bandwagon ? You selected him at the start of the year knowing that you wouldnt need to trade him, and trading him to Hill is just going to use up another trade later of upgrading him to a gun. And Jones is in fairly good form at the moment so i wouldnt be trading him out. But i can see that the only reason your doing these trades is to gain Cox next week, But still . . .

Yeh main reason is to get rid of Wood to Cox. I guess the other way to do it is wait for a cash cow to make enough money to trade in Cox. I guess the other way of looking at it is Cox has prob had his biggest two weeks of the year against teams with struggling ruck's. He will struggle to get as many hitouts this week so maybe holding off a few weeks will be ok. My other forwards are Hall, Porp, Burton, L Davis, Aka. I may just trade out Aka -> Hill and take the wait and see approach from the others.

Hall, Porp, Burton and L Davis will all easily make there break evens and increase in price.

Cheers for the advice.

Just made the assumption based on your signature and location.

Either just a general fan or well disguised sarcasm then I guess.
No. Schammer's a gun. Just gets ****ed around ever since CC played him in the back pocket. Cant even get a run in Freo's midfield :eek:

Well you got 1 thing right. They sure do take you away from the pack. Well away.

Blame lockout however much you want. Simple fact is, you should never had Whelan and Anthony to begin with.

I'll go into more depth about your crap side. Picking 3 Essendon midfielders is a disaster. Okay, picking 1 of Houli and Dyson is okay but not both. Having only 1 gun mid (Cross) and Stanton who wont average more than last year isnt going to cut it. You have 5 backs playing, lol.

You picked Kreuzer over Hampson :eek: You picked Meesen when you might aswell have gone Hampson + a 72k rookie because he wont get regular games and if he does will average sub 30s.

Warrent Tredrea is a shocking pick. NG Brown is over the hill. O'Keefe + Cloke are much better picks at a cheaper price.

Is that good enough for you?

Stanton will not average more than last year?
I will hold you to that.

Man, you have NO IDEA.

Anyway, moving on, 3 Essendon midfielders makes no difference.
It should not matter in this game.
It is not about making your team look colourful.
I guess having S.Mitchell, L.Hodge and T.Tuck is stupid too?
3 of the same team my ass.

Haha.
Please, PLEASE tell me you are pulling my leg?
Not 1 "thing" you just said had any credibility to it.
M.Kreuzer > S.Hampson.
Guaranteed to get every opportunity to play game this year compared to S.Hampson who is the best ruckmen at Carlton but has a few fighting for his spot.
J.Meesen will at least play this year and give my team some sort of depth during the middle and later stages of a year.
A 72k rookie will give you nothing.
A "golden rule".
Never pick a reserve player who will NEVER PLAY.

R.O'Keefe is an 80 point player.
A mid-range who should not really be upgraded because he is serviceable.
No point getting those players in your team.
Get the best of the best (Chapman, Johnson, etc).

W.Tredrea is a shocking pick. :rolleyes:
That just tops off your stupidity.

Oh sorry, saying C.Cloke is a better option tops it off. :D

Clueless moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly modest of you, but you do. It just shows how crap the board has become since the days of 2005. Not hard to look half decent with posters like powaflag08 leading the post count.

bones25 is the only guy who slightly knows what hes talking about. Its a shame really.

54dogs, butane, dylan101 all top notch...

im not going to quote that theone5, i agree with nearly everything you say, except for the Ruck reserves.

Getting Joel Tippett who is 72k frees up some cash. You wont cash in all your bench players and young ruckman generally dont score more than 30, which means their value doesnt increase greatly.

I will hold you to that.

Man, you have NO IDEA.

Haha.
M.Kreuzer > S.Hampson.
Guaranteed to get every opportunity to play game this year compared to S.Hampson who is the best ruckmen at Carlton but has a few fighting for his spot.
J.Meesen will at least play this year and give my team some sort of depth during the middle and later stages of a year.
A "golden rule".

Clueless moron.
I now enter this as Exhibit B. Exhibit A is the post last year when you said Essendon's 2007 list > Essendon 2000 :D

BTW, you know I meant T.Cloke. :)

I will hold you to that.

Man, you have NO IDEA.

Haha.
M.Kreuzer > S.Hampson.
A "golden rule".

Clueless moron.

I have Cameron Stokes.. He seems to be doing the job for me, got 70 odd last week and 81 this week. But he was put on the senior list after Muston went on the long term injury list, so i guess thats not realy the same as just picking a $72,000 player who isnt on the senior list, which is what your trying to say..

This makes me laugh.

Nicoski
Round 1 - popularity = 23'780 selections after he scored 97pts
Round 2 - popularity = 38'530 selections after he scored 27pts :)

That's 14'750 people jumped on the wagon after round 1. Nearly 10% of all DreamTeams ahah

Kennelly
Round 1 - popularity = 19'577 selections after he scored 99pts
Round 2 - popularity = 25'939 selections after he scored 28pts

Nearly 6 and half thousand people are kicking themselves. Ahhh good for a laugh.

So how did you go in round two theone5?

Apologies if you've already posted it.
He has Matthew Whelan. Enough said.

Golden rule, never have a 185k player on the bench who's never been a gun DTer nor had a preseason.

I now enter this as Exhibit B. Exhibit A is the post last year when you said Essendon's 2007 list > Essendon 2000 :D

BTW, you know I meant T.Cloke. :)

Even still, T.Cloke is a "SPUD".
Post your team.

I have to head out right now but when i get back later on tonight at around 10-11pm i will rip your team to shreds.

I will hold you to that.

Man, you have NO IDEA.

Haha.
M.Kreuzer > S.Hampson.
A "golden rule".

Clueless moron.

Or having 3 carlton mids (stevens, judd, gibbs, murphy, scotland, carrazo)
Or 3 hawks backs (birchall, guerra, ellis)

exc.

This makes me laugh.

Nicoski
Round 1 - popularity = 23'780 selections after he scored 97pts
Round 2 - popularity = 38'530 selections after he scored 27pts :)

That's 14'750 people jumped on the wagon after round 1. Nearly 10% of all DreamTeams ahah

Kennelly
Round 1 - popularity = 19'577 selections after he scored 99pts
Round 2 - popularity = 25'939 selections after he scored 28pts

Nearly 6 and half thousand people are kicking themselves. Ahhh good for a laugh.

Stay tuned for Josh Hill's popularity jump....

I have Cameron Stokes.. He seems to be doing the job for me, got 70 odd last week and 81 this week. But he was put on the senior list after Muston went on the long term injury list, so i guess thats not realy the same as just picking a $72,000 player who isnt on the senior list, which is what your trying to say..

I said
Never pick a player who is NEVER GOING TO PLAY.
C.Stokes was elevated before the seaosn started, so he was a chance.
Valenti has not been elevated yet but he is next up.

I am talking about 72k players who are not elevated nor are going to play.

I've missed this board too. Forget how shit it was. Theone5, albeit a very poor DTer looks good on here.

Is there actually anyone decent on here?

There's a couple who are quite decent.

Butane, 54 Dogs, Kangas_Div, Pumbi, etc who know what they're on about.

I agree there's a lot who don't, but surely you're not better than all of us here just due to the fact you hardly post here, but at a more, elitist forum?

You seem keen on critiquing others, how about you put yourself into the line of fire by posting your team? Or are you afraid you'll get the 'TheOne5 treatment', who despite being not at all modest and is regularly unable to back up his statements with fact - does know what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back