AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
will anyone have hawkins in their team? no nablett means he should play close to every game

With Nablett out it was enough to warrant selecting him, but with the fact he's lost or turned that extra weight into muscle is a big bonus. He just looks more capable.

You'd guess he'd sit in FF for most of the gametime he plays, but there'll be plenty of delivery.

Once again - NAB watch.

Anyway - anyone heard anything regarding Lachlan Hansen? Just curious.

sort version of my question

Given that in my opinion there are only 5 or 6 gun rucks (cox, ottenns, everitt, white and brogan) only 2 of them ave over 90 in SC and only 4 over 83 what would people suggest in drafting in the cases of (A) not being lucky enough in getting one of the first 5 picks in that position and (B) beyond those 5 who are some names that will get enough game time to be a decent back up (or frontliner if need be)

All ill say is that the ruck in everyones dt will definately decide the rest of the team. Its the most important part of the field to choose from because you have to choose a combination of only 2 players, wheather their price is high or low, and you know when round 1 comes, and all the teams play, you will say to urself, holy shiet, i should have chosen him or i shouldnt have chosen him. lol :D But my suggestion is a ruckman under 200k and one over 300k, just to balance it out

sorry should mention i am in a private league so i am lucky in that the salary cap doesnt apply but i do (by the rules) need 3 rucks on the list and once they are picked thats it for '08 no trades available

any spots available?

i think the most popular ruck choice will be:
cox - simmonds - leunburger/hampson and meesen/bailey/69k rookie.

sorry should mention i am in a private league so i am lucky in that the salary cap doesnt apply but i do (by the rules) need 3 rucks on the list and once they are picked thats it for '08 no trades available
maric is the number one ruck for the crows so could be a good option later on
also consider jolly, lade, mcintosh, simmonds, hudson, charman, sandilands

G'day lads,

Can i get some thoughts on the following players?

• Josh Drummond - 375,000
  • Jay Nash - 299,700
  • Ed Barlow - 283,700
  • Alan Didak - 284,900
  • Sean Rusling - 266,000
Cheers

G'day lads,

• Josh Drummond - 375,000 - Injured for a fair portion of last year, will represent great value at his price, even though it is fairly expensive...
  • Jay Nash - 299,700 - Will be cherry ripe this year after coming off a few good matches last season, with another preseason under his belt watch out for him to score better...
  • Ed Barlow - 283,700 - Who is he ?! ;) Stay away from him...
  • Alan Didak - 284,900 - I don't know about this guy, he is a bit of a confidence player much like Leon Leon...If he has more time in the centre this season, he'll be a great pick up...
  • Sean Rusling - 266,000 - Key Position player (Though not really tall enough) that isn't a ball magnet...Can get the yips in front of goal, but again, with another preseason under his belt, should be in for a better year...
Cheers

Answers in bold...:cool:

G'day lads,

• Josh Drummond - 375,000
  • Jay Nash - 299,700
  • Ed Barlow - 283,700
  • Alan Didak - 284,900
  • Sean Rusling - 266,000
Cheers

Drummond - I think there are better options at his price, can have very bad scoring games
Nash - I like the look of Jay Nash, could play in the midfield and played well late last season, also will be a unique pick worth a shot IMO
Barlow - To expensive, though does show some promise
Didak - Bargain
Rusling - Better options, also can score badly often

GS...

Ed barlow is a gun he has only played 3 -4 matches and unfortunately got a high price.........

***** supercoach opening on 18th... does that mean DT opens later?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else seen the new Gameday Live?

http://xml.afl.com.au/swf/live_stats.htm

By the look of things there's going to be an HTML version this year too.

There's also a 'Dream Team' column in the player stats, so it looks like there's going to be live scoring.

I always used to use last years gameday live, liked it alot...But this version looks alot better, thanks for letting us know...:thumbsu:

Has anyone else seen the new Gameday Live?

http://xml.afl.com.au/swf/live_stats.htm

By the look of things there's going to be an HTML version this year too.

There's also a 'Dream Team' column in the player stats, so it looks like there's going to be live scoring.
looks like chris knights is starting in the ruck :D
and symes on CHF and Van Berlo CHB
don't think they have updated that yet

who is everyone keeping an eye on tonight? (dream team wise)
for me it is sellar, tippett, douglas, johncock, symes, bernie, brown, didak, shaw

From the looks of the HTML version it doesn't have stats, just quarter-by-quarter team scores. Not really what the fans want. Also, you can't view both teams' DT scores at the same time, you have to click a button to flip between them... how annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back