AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Just wondering about ff genie. Does anyone know if the one on the website is the new one with all this yrs players and prices? Or whether we can download that from anywhere? If not, is it going to be up at any stage?
Cheers

I assume your talking about Lynch?? If so, no.
Too inconsistent. Full Forwards have a knack of being great one week and then crap the next (i.e. Fevola/Hall/Tredrea/Neitz).

By the way, as a suggestion to all, dont jump on burton this year. Yes, everyone is excited by his pre-season but he will be playing more in the forward line=less possessions and less tackles.And to be honest the delivery aiont gonna be great (this coming from a crows supporter) and he is a terrible kick (terrible with a capital T).
He was worth it when he was playing on the wing and collecting 20-30 possessions each week.
Just my opinion.:thumbsu:

I assume your talking about Lynch?? If so, no.
Too inconsistent. Full Forwards have a knack of being great one week and then crap the next (i.e. Fevola/Hall/Tredrea/Neitz).

By the way, as a suggestion to all, dont jump on burton this year. Yes, everyone is excited by his pre-season but he will be playing more in the forward line=less possessions and less tackles.And to be honest the delivery aiont gonna be great (this coming from a crows supporter) and he is a terrible kick (terrible with a capital T).
He was worth it when he was playing on the wing and collecting 20-30 possessions each week.
Just my opinion.:thumbsu:

Is Bernie Vince going to get a game from an Adelaide point of view?

Dale Thomas injured a hamstring according to SEN. May be bullshit because it is only a rumor at this stage.

What's the word on Marlon Motlop and Cyril Rioli?

Anyone going to put one of these two players in their teams?

I'm considering one of them...if not both up forward

What's the word on Marlon Motlop and Cyril Rioli?

Anyone going to put one of these two players in their teams?

I'm considering one of them...if not both up forward

I seen a bit of Marlon Mortlop and i thought he played pretty well. Not sure if he'll fit into the Port lineup though.

heyy guys
i got a feeling that DT will open tonite but i sent an e-mail to them today agen to c what they say hopefully good news
p.s footy show on tonight :) hope sammy will b on
props to my man sale

Is Bernie Vince going to get a game from an Adelaide point of view?

He might get a handfull games throughout the year but he is not in Adelaide's starting line-up.
He would probably need an injury to occur to another player for him to make an appearance. Whilst a solid contributor when he is on the park, he might even be competing with someone like Jehrico/Sellar for the extra spot. He is an up and coming youngster though.
I might be proven wrong:eek:, but i dont think so. Next year will be the year for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a doggie fan, i was wondering which ONE of the 3, BOYD, COONEY or CROSS you would prefer in the middle for the dreamteam

hello.. gia
i would say cross aswell because he averaged 92 last year but the year before that 99 fro memory and with a big preason theres no reason why he wont get that 100+ score that im hoping

This may have been posted somewhere else in the forum.

Players cost - They seemed to have increased the cost of the top end players when compared to last year. I don't remember a player costing more than around $440,000 last year.
Where Rookies all seemed to be priced close to the same levels as last year.
If this is the case do you think they have adjusted the way they calculate players value?
If they have adjusted the player value calculators then I can see Cheap players having even more upside than last year.

I think a key is in two steps.
1. Most obvious is picking players that will score the most points
2. (HARDEST PART) Picking which players will increase/decrease in price and when to trade those players for their maximum benefit.

Now, personally I think it is important for me to have a basic understanding of what a player will be worth based on stats.

eg - 3 game rolling average of 120 = $450,000 player 100 = $400,000 80 = $350,000, 60 = $300,000.......

This will help me get a better idea of price movements throughout the season.

Can anyone help me with their thoughts/knowledge from last year? or even this year?

I just think MANY of the top players are not worth their price tags this year based on last years formula for determining player prices.

eg Jimmy Bartel at $496,000 ish

Players cost - They seemed to have increased the cost of the top end players when compared to last year. I don't remember a player costing more than around $440,000 last year.
If this is the case do you think they have adjusted the way they calculate players value?
If they have adjusted the player value calculators then I can see Cheap players having even more upside than last year.

I think a key is in two steps.
1. Most obvious is picking players that will score the most points
2. (HARDEST PART) Picking which players will increase/decrease in price and when to trade those players for their maximum benefit.

Now, personally I think it is important for me to have a basic understanding of what a player will be worth based on stats.

eg - 3 game rolling average of 120 = $450,000 player 100 = $400,000 80 = $350,000, 60 = $300,000.......

This will help me get a better idea of price movements throughout the season.

Can anyone help me with their thoughts/knowledge from last year? or even this year?

I just think MANY of the top players are not worth their price tags this year based on last years formula for determining player prices.

eg Jimmy Bartel at $496,000 ish

Spot on man, i can't really help you out but i figured that out aswell thats why i dont go for players in excess of 420k+ just aint worth it

I'm fairly sure theyre all given the same multiplier. Everything comes back to average. There is the possibility they've gone easier on players at the rookie level. By rookie I mean first year players or players without an average.

Edit: Just so I can work it out... what was last years multiplier?

OK, so who here thinks my centres are completely nuts?

Thompson (C)
Cross
Reilly
Stevens
Morton
Palmer

Bird
Ebert

Looks pretty sweet:thumbsu: Thompson and cross are both jets who will be pushing 100 avg, reilly has lots of room for improvement, provided he doesn't have the injury worries of last season, stevens is stevens, and you can always change the newbies depending on team selection. Bird should probably start if he is playing. Well done I think you have the right balance

Spot on man, i can't really help you out but i figured that out aswell thats why i dont go for players in excess of 420k+ just aint worth it

What you say makes sense, but you know Bartel is going to rack up points even if his price goes down. Are you going to drop him. Very unlikely, if he gets injured you'll trade him and still get a very good player.

Yes, you can go for a cheaper player, and spend more on others, but that player is cheaper for a reason.

The advise from last years winner is good. He goes for the blokes that will get the most points, then makes up the number with who will improve; "come from nowhere".

Personally Kane Cornes is locked in for me regardless of price.
Highest DT scorer last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back