Pocket Pears - ranked 1000 last year
Impromptu - ranked 36 last year
Tassieboy - ranked 1800 last year
Calyam - ranked 3000 last year
Atavistic - ranked 2700 last year
Shane Hird - ranked 2000 last year
Ess Don - Grand finalist last year in bombers league
Knight ryders - ranked 6000 last year

Daz77, bombermick, donakebab, drummer19, jaymin, loonerty Bombre boy and the prospector are also interested so far....

anyone else got any rankings from last year?

just noticed the SC thread.. do bigfooty so a similar thing with DT ?
You can check here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902544

But not sure how to work out if they are Bomber's supporters.

2482 I ended up last year..team name: FullFrontal Attack

**** u Heath Shaw!

We're playing for money right?

$20 a team- league winner takes all or highest over-all ranked team.. maybe?

whenever we play for money at work we always split the pool half for the premier and half for the highest overall rank..... I'm an overall player myself, usually reckon league takes care of itself..... (lame excuse for not winning a flag)

How do we work a cash league on here without the prince of nigeria getting involved via emails?

Interested in joining again this year.

I was 774th last year and this year I plan on breaking the top 500. Finished runner up in the Essendon: Pocket Pears league.

I think some early locks this year are Dustin Martin (FWD/MID) and Todd Goldstein (RUC).

I don't mind either way...play for the bragging rights.

But setting up a pay system is easy. At seasons end, the winner sends private messages to all with his bank account details...and transfer the funds.

I don't want to spend to much in the ruck this year.
Cox is really expensive, and I would rather a 500k midfielder.
Looking to get a lot of DPP this year.
So far I have got a good midfield planned in my head but will change due to budget;
but 2 absolute locks are Martin and Deledio.

after all the crap i've copped from my rucks the past 2 years i'm going set and forget...

luey and mummy come on downnnnn

both have more to give from last year and are durable.

i dont want to touch this section again other than for milking a cow..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's BTG?

I know he had a bit of a bad run last year but...has he changed his user name?

Dr Numpty on afl.com has just talked about the byes and the ways to deal with it....

he thinks either to split your players over the three bye rounds evenly (a little less in 11 cause of poorer teams)

or to pick a team that gets you through round 11 donut free then have to only deal with 2 bye rounds and to trade 6 times carefully to minimise zeros.... this only works if you have good luck through the year though obviously.

ive been going option 2 all along and am fairly comfortable with it....

anyone else got any grand plans?

it seems this will be the time that we get a leg up on the non-planners.. so i wanna get it right!

Dr Numpty on afl.com has just talked about the byes and the ways to deal with it....

he thinks either to split your players over the three bye rounds evenly (a little less in 11 cause of poorer teams)

or to pick a team that gets you through round 11 donut free then have to only deal with 2 bye rounds and to trade 6 times carefully to minimise zeros.... this only works if you have good luck through the year though obviously.

ive been going option 2 all along and am fairly comfortable with it....

anyone else got any grand plans?

it seems this will be the time that we get a leg up on the non-planners.. so i wanna get it right!

Well, unless you have some DPP players in your rucks (and there are no decent prospects there, so i'll rule the idea out) then you are going to have a minimum of two zeroes during the bye rounds. It can't be avoided. Here's something like what I posted on the DT board way back when on how to achieve this:

Leaving out rucks cos that's easy to cover, it involves going into Round 11 with 2x R11 players and 3x R12 players per line. The R11 players are on the bench.

Back: 2/3/4
Mid 2/3/3
Fwd: 2/3/4

Then after R11 trade in one R11 player and trade out one R12 player per line. There are now 2x R12 players on the bench.

Back: 3/2/4
Mid: 3/2/3
Fwd: 3/2/4

Then after R12 trade in one R11/R12 player and trade out one R13 player per line. There are now 2x R13 players on the bench and you will have a 0 in the forward and backs in R13.

Back: 3/3/3
Mid: 3/3/2
Fwd: 4/2/3

Of course you can modify this so that the zero falls in R11 or R12 for either line by starting with an extra R11/R12 player at the start.

Backs: Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hargrave, Spurr, Morris, Sierakowski, Wilkes.

Mids
: Ablett, Murphy, Montagna, Stevens, D. Shiel, T. Mitchell, McDonald, Kavanagh (?).

Rucks: Mumford, Ryder, Giles, Stephensen

Forwards: Franklin, Zaharakis, Martin, J. Lewis, N. Riewoldt, Pfeiffer, Zorko, Treloar, Rowe.

Ok, it's very premilinary, but still have 600k to work with.

Then after R12 trade in one R11/R12 player and trade out one R13 player per line. There are now 2x R13 players on the bench and you will have a 0 in the forward and backs in R13.

Back: 3/3/3
Mid: 3/3/2
Fwd: 4/2/3

Of course you can modify this so that the zero falls in R11 or R12 for either line by starting with an extra R11/R12 player at the start.

I really don't think it's wise to try squeezing in four forwards from the round 11 bye. I guess you can have three of them with your setup, but still, who do you get? Harvey, Gia, Brown will probably be 10ppg behind the Mid-Forwards like Beams, Martin, Zaharakis, Chapman, Goodes, Fyfe, plus SJ and Franklin.

I think I will opt for the likely 100+ players, and keep them the entire season, rather than get a 85-90 average player who I'll be depending on for the bye rounds.

Sam Rowe is a great forward/ruck pick up IMO.
My ruck is set with 1 premium (Cox, Mumford, Leuenberger, Sandi)
1 Mid Priced (Ryder, Belly, Mcintosh, Maric)
For Cheap I have 2 certain locks with Stephenson and Giles.

Rowe will probably be on my forward bench, and being a DPP makes him very valuable.

I really don't think it's wise to try squeezing in four forwards from the round 11 bye. I guess you can have three of them with your setup, but still, who do you get? Harvey, Gia, Brown will probably be 10ppg behind the Mid-Forwards like Beams, Martin, Zaharakis, Chapman, Goodes, Fyfe, plus SJ and Franklin.

I think I will opt for the likely 100+ players, and keep them the entire season, rather than get a 85-90 average player who I'll be depending on for the bye rounds.

Just an example. You could have gone 3/3/3 after Round 12 instead.

But you need at least 3 before Round 12: ie: 3/2/4.
- If you go 2/2/5 before R12 you will end up with 2 zeroes in R13.
- If you keep it at 2/3/4 you will have a single zero in both R12 and R13.

I also agree it may be better to just select a player who will be 10-15 ppg better. From the start of the season that's a 220-330 pt increase compared to saving a zero which might be 60 pts (for a rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions AFL Dream Team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back