Competitions AFL Dream Team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Im def keen! Enjoyed being in an all BF-Bombers fan league last year.. only to get smashed in the GF!

Rucks are definitely the biggest headaches, have to nail 2 solid, consistent premos.. cant decide out of Leuy, Mummy, McEvoy and even Jacobs.
Guess we all just have to wait for NAB cup ei? Hope all the new coaches show us everything and not hold any surprises for the real stuff..

Great article on the Dons players btw. :thumbsu:

who do people rate as the big rucks this year?

sandi/cox could be in slight decline

Berger could explode, Mcevoy could crank it another gear, Mummy is a machine.... Goldstien could be anything... Jacobs could break out... Hmac a bargain?... Maric? NicNat to step up again?

so many options...

Ideally i'd be looking at Berger/Mummy but byes might dictate which way to go.

Josh Jenkins - you don't trade for a ruckman that you have no intention of playing. And since he never got a game will be cheap

Impromptu: Who did you have that was a smokey last year? Fyfe?

Fyfe is not really a smokey but more a premium. Question is with so many players with that bye round who do you choose?

My smokey subject to watching GWS play in NAB cup is Folau, who in my opinion will play in all games until Patton recovers. Even if he averages a solid 60 on bench, it would be okay. Note this is a smokey, ie can make you or break you.

Note: subject to pre-season

Boyd/A.Swallow/SThompson are premiums but they are not the usual suspects and I think they will go okay.

EDIT - just realised DT thread so don't go Folau

That comment hurts Fodz:p:p:p

What is worst is I had Astbury with Jess O'Brien as my DPP link :confused::confused::eek::eek:

EDIT - since I saw your edit Fodz...LOL No this is a DT thread so cancel my idea about Folau my smokey in DT is A.Swallow, Boyd, S Thompson against the usual Pendles.

Now what's the go with the DPP this year; I haven't been following it. So I've got a premium (Pavlich) in the mids...

Probably not worth starting forwards in your midfield (better to load up with 4 top end premium mids from the get-go). However, a few mid/fwd, mid/back rookies will be useful even if you don't have another DPP to swap with, as you can trade a fwd/back for a mid and then use the DPP rookie to swap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like last year I'll be having Jobe in my team right from the start...(finished around 2000-was in the top 50 for a few weeks)...but hoping his giant legs don't pull any hammys again which cost me dearly last year.

I'll have Heppell in again too. Can't ignore him after such a brilliant debut season and I'm guessing there will be no 2nd year blues factor.

Heppell is pretty expensive.
Might want to find another Heppell at a cheap price.

He'll play every game and pick up 25+ disposals every week...keeper

He'll play every game and pick up 25+ disposals every week...keeper
Ah see what you mean now. Really considering him now; then save some cap room with some rookies.

Count me in for a Bomber league. Finished 6000th last year after some bad trades but finished top 300 the year before so I'd like to think last year was a blip on the radar!

Essendon certainly are not the fantasy waste land we were for far too many years. Zaharakis, Watson and Heppell are all very valid choices and there may also be some sneaky mid-pricers around with the likes of Monfries. Hurley is a valid choice for SC this year but probably a year away in DT. He could improve significantly this year if our midfield is more competitive against the top sides, which I expect will happen.

Heppell is pretty expensive.
Might want to find another Heppell at a cheap price.

In terms of improvement, I don't see many other Defensive premiums that have a 5-8ppg improvement like Heppell. Deledio is one who could improve with the potential move to the midfield and resting up forward.

Heppell's don't happen all that often but Ellis could be a good defensive rookie to look out for though.

don't know who gets the rookie back spot at tiges between ellis or morris, i'm keeping a close eye on both even though the tigers have a tough early run..not ideal using them as cash cows.

anyone tempted by conca as a back? priced around a 50 av but should get more time in the middle and less vests this year....

anyone reckon smedts gets a run for geelong this year?

could have the makings of a good competitive league building... and a few others at least

here are some guys who have posted their rankings;

Howard moon - ranked 1100 last year
Pocket Pears - ranked 1000 last year
Impromptu - ranked 36 last year
Tassieboy - ranked 1800 last year
Calyam - ranked 3000 last year
Atavistic - ranked 2700 last year
Shane Hird - ranked 2482 last year
Ess Don - Grand finalist last year in bombers league
Knight ryders - ranked 6000 last year
AS9 - ranked 774 last year
Loonerty - previous rank 4797
Barnjay - ranked 2080 last year

Daz77, bombermick, donakebab, drummer19, jaymin, Bombre boy and the prospector are also interested so far....

anyone else got any rankings from last year?

The full list of Essendon Players in the 2012 AFL Dreamteam.

Defenders
Mark Baguley $85,800
Alex Browne $104,200
Jake Carlisle $297,500
Luke Davis $104,200
Courtenay Dempsey $244,800
Dustin Fletcher $294,900
Kyle Hardingham $311,600
Dyson Heppell $415,900
Michael Hibberd $348,400
Cale Hooker $283,100
Hal Hunter $85,800