AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 354230 View attachment 354232

rWWBlAV.gif
Looks like his head needs to be stretched wider, but you're able to edit that in the game.

It would be a brand new engine as Live 1 is owned by Big Ant and 2's engine was just AFL Wii's (remember that?) engine. They wouldn't port it again.
If they knew that their back is against the wall (Which they do after the reception of AFL Live 2.), They would not do that. It would ruin everything they are trying to do at the moment and it would essentially kill off any chance of an AFL Evolution 2 selling.

Seems a little odd for a new engine to have a few of the live 1 features
Why? They said the combined the good bits from previous games. There was a lot of good in AFL Live 1.

afl live 1 did a heap of things right, with the main negative being pace was a complete non-factor in the game. You had to learn the AI's behaviour in order to create space(which didn't take long, but still) Having a superstar like pat danger bursting out of packs off a clean tap is something i look forward to seeing.

I think that if the non-scanned players are editable completely, then I don't mind that much.
I don't think that would be the case.
I remember if you tried to edit players details in 1 it completely reset their values. I think the reason was that the players 'likeness' are protected by the AFL Players Union or some rubbish like that.

So it seems people will just have to make their own players unfortunately.

I have a feeling that tru blu do in fact own AFL live 1 (to some degree) as they bought the license and used the services of BigAnt to develop it.
So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they've used elements of it.
People have reportedly found files from from AFL live 1 today haven't they?

Having said all that, why would they build on an engine from a 6 year old previous gen game?

Substitute vests are still in the game. Also I found all of the guernsey textures. The guernsey mods start now.

Question: I like many others will probably look to replace the Gold Coast with a Tasmanian team at some point, would texture mods make it possible to make a decent guersney for a created team? Or would we be stuck with the few generic AFL Live 1 uniforms that are included?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question: I like many others will probably look to replace the Gold Coast with a Tasmanian team at some point, would texture mods make it possible to make a decent guersney for a created team? Or would we be stuck with the few generic AFL Live 1 uniforms that are included?
If you had the mods, you could make whatever you like, but when you upload it, people will have the texture you replaced with the new jumper.

Having said all that, why would they build on an engine from a 6 year old previous gen game?
That is actually very common in the games industry. Bethesda is a well known example. Apparently Call of Duty still uses some code from the Quake engine or something like that too.

so far so good overall looking forward to release, the fanhub looks indepth enough for me, am satisfied, obviously could improve some small things but you can say that with all games, it all comes down to gameplay now

I have a feeling that tru blu do in fact own AFL live 1 (to some degree) as they bought the license and used the services of BigAnt to develop it.
So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they've used elements of it.
People have reportedly found files from from AFL live 1 today haven't they?

They probably have ownership of certain assets (sound, textures, etc), but not the engine.

people getting so worked up about how a trailer hasn't been released, yet ea sports dont release their main gameplay trailer until a month before release... it will come lads

Good that PC version is out later. Plenty of time to gauge how good the game is from console gamers. Still, I heard Live 2 was shit and still gave that a go, determining for myself that it was, indeed, shit. Hopefully this is a better experience.
I will always buy AFL games regardless. Such a hard game to make with limited budget we should be thankfull a studio takes a risk.

Another video from the guy that can get the face scans to show up. No idea how he's doing it.

Positives are that some of the players that weren't scanned, like frost, have some pretty good likenesses.

people getting so worked up about how a trailer hasn't been released, yet ea sports dont release their main gameplay trailer until a month before release... it will come lads

This is factually incorrect. For example, FIFA 17's trailer released in June and the game released in September.

I assume we'll get some pre-rendered bullshit with 38 speckies as a trailer, and we won't get any gameplay footage until release, because that's what dodgy games do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back