Game Day AFL First Semi Final - COLLINGWOOD vs WEST COAST - Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win to you guys tonight. You cost me a lotto ticket. I'll get it back next year. Good luck next week. Sydney then ?Hawks it'll be tough, but who knows?

9d08e877-d427-415b-b0e1-d908fe68063e.gif

What a win, to combat the four goal head-start, along with fighting off the comeback after three quarter time shows the resilience of this team. Interesting to see they huddled up post-game on the field, full steam ahead!

Come at us Sydney.

70139015.gif

Do I have to be the one that says our backline looked better without maxwell in it , not hating on him by the way.
We looked more composed knowing we didnt have him there to hold our composure.

If that makes sense???????

Maxy is so important but thankfully Reidy took the baton and ran with the desire and import that missing Maxy needed.

Maxy, we need you. Maxy, without you, we needed you, but I hope we did you proud.

Reid BOG for me.
Jolly second.
Daisy's third. Wow.

Do I have to be the one that says our backline looked better without maxwell in it , not hating on him by the way.

Well, agree the backline was way better and 201o -like, but there were many other factors that probably were important than Maxy's absence.

We go well against top heavy forward lines - it's the smaller, pacier ones that expose us so badly.
Eagles were the land of the giants.

Also, the mids worked much harder tonight and helped out a lot more.

For those wondering;

Fox Footy replays tomorrow;

7am
12 midday
5pm
8.30pm

If you don't have Foxtel find a pub during those times.:)

Well, agree the backline was way better and 201o -like, but there were many other factors that probably were important than Maxy's absence.

We go well against top heavy forward lines - it's the smaller, pacier ones that expose us so badly.
Eagles were the land of the giants.

Also, the mids worked much harder tonight and helped out a lot more.

Yep. Midfield actually running harder and helping back made all the difference. Been saying for the longest time that the mids have been making that back line look worse than I t actually was.

Pendlebury looks to finally be over his leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of mistakes the first half, especially going into our forward line when we countered quickly and just gave it to the opposition.

The first 10 minutes of the third was what I wanted to see. Went through the corridor multiple times, confused the hell out of me, and obviously West Coast as well because we kicked 3 quick goals in that time frame. The rest of the game back to the boundary line and ground it out for a nice victory.

Oh and that fat prick of a number 17 umpire with the crew cut needs to spend a few days in a jail cell with a big bohemeth named Bubba to experience the same as what he did to us tonight.

At the very least, there should be effigies of him and Gieshan burnt in front of AFL house. In fact stuff the effigies, and use the real thing.

There isn't a separate congratulatory thread that I can see so I'll post in here

Well done on the win as you were the better side on the night and you were able to stand up at he critical moments

God luck for the rest of the finals

Congratulation on the win, now don't you Pies go giving the Swans an easy road into a GF, I want to see a tight brutal match. ;)

Frustrating game for me tonight, but to me it came down to Collingwood taking the chances they had. Hurn kicks out on the full and the pies player (forget who, Blair maybe) slots a tough kick for a goal. Schofield makes a brilliant dash with the ball, runs into about 20 and kicks a point. Sums of the game simply but rather well in my mind.
So not all those unfair umpiring decisions against you after all hey SmegHead?:p

So not all those unfair umpiring decisions against you after all hey SmegHead?:p
I admit no liability to any insanity during the games, just my way of venting. :p

(Honestly they are crap and make shit up 100% of the time and it goes both ways.)

Yep. Midfield actually running harder and helping back made all the difference. Been saying for the longest time that the mids have been making that back line look worse than I t actually was.

Pendlebury looks to finally be over his leg.

You also said that we would lose by 38 points. "Been Saying" don't mean much.

There isn't a separate congratulatory thread that I can see so I'll post in here

Well done on the win as you were the better side on the night and you were able to stand up at he critical moments

God luck for the rest of the finals

Don't worry...he barracks for the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL First Semi Final - COLLINGWOOD vs WEST COAST - Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back