Game Day AFL First Semi Final - COLLINGWOOD vs WEST COAST - Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast in no particular order: Beams, Jolly, Reid, Toovey, Pendlebury, Blair, Brown, Johnson, Swan.

Roast: No one. 22 men all contributed. :)

Toovey was insanely good tonight. Darling got smashed again.

How does Thomas miss out? 3 goals in 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter when we only kicked 6 goals for the entire second half.

We'll most likely lose this by a big margin.

We'll get dominated in the ruck, dominated in the clearances, and our defence will continue to leak horribly shitty goals.

35 points plus. I've been saying for weeks that that turn around just isn't coming. The club does a lot of talking, but they're not showing it with their actions.

These guys have looked like they've wanted the season over for quite some time now.

Again, you HOPE that spark will happen, but you'd be silly to expect it.
Say what?

Was stoked with the intensity and attack towards the ball. The pressure we put on and the tackles laid were fantastic. Well done Pies, we did it for J-Mac and we're into the Prelim!

I love this club to death,Definitely got emotional at the banner.

120916_banner246.jpg

Sorry if this is a little late but I missed the game last night and only just caught the replay and can I say congratulations on the way you went about it last night. The way your boys dug deep when it was all pilling up against you (umpires). You showed tremendous ticker. Watching it I could tell just how much it meant to your club to win that game. This is why I love this game, because of games like that. Raw emotion. You did JMac proud, So well done. Also thought Ben Reid was outstanding.

P.s. I still hate Collingwood and hope you get rolled next week. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads, just thought I'd pop in and say great game and good luck for the rest. Too good at the end of the day. The MCG still looms.

My family was Collingwood before WC came along so I still support the pies and will be cheering you guys all the way to the end. Hope you go all the ****in way.

Enjoy.

Was in Melbourne for the weekend and thought id go see the game. Was nice to watch a game
My team wasnt playing in. You guys did well to come back from the slow start. Plus i hate the Eagles so was chuffed
You guys won. Well done and good luck in sydney

Not sure where to post this, but really wanted to get something off my chest. I don't post on here very often (but am a keen reader) due to me only adopting AFL, and in particular Collingwood, relatively late in life and therefore am a long, long way from being an expert on the game. Being a pom I grew up on a different type of Football and always maintained that nothing could come close to it. However, after living here for close to eight years, and picking up Collingwood as 'my team' through my son (who made a great choice of team at kinder) my views have changed some what. Yes, I will still always love Football (incorrectly referred to as Soccer here ;)) but the passion, athleticism, 'team first' ethic and sometimes outright stupidity with regards to their personal safety, with which players approach games, has me not only firmly converted to the oval ball but would place the sport slightly ahead of 'Soccer' (there, I said it. Wash my mouth out :p).
Saturday night's game is a prime example. To put in a performance like the Pies did following such a sad week with the passing of John McCarthy, is nothing short awe inspiring. To see the impact on some of the players during and after the game, bought a tear to this cynical bloke's eye. From what I have seen in the media everyone/club connected with JMAC has shown immense respect, compassion, professionalism & dignity towards the tragic events, culminating in the win over a very good WC side and everyone should be extremely proud how they've handled themselves.
In terms of 'Best on Ground' (or 'Man of the Match' to the phrase I'm more familiar with) and in my modest opinion, I thought Jolly was sensational, Reid a very close second (but lets not forget Jolly was up against the two best ruckmen in the competition) and then several players all tied for 3rd, including Beams, Goldy, Blair (who I thought was superb doing all the things which often go unnoticed) and Daisy.

Lets hope that they can dig deep and pull out another two performances like Saturday - playing like that, if Sydney and/or Hawthorn beat us, they would have fully deserved it.

To pinch KB's line from SEN Radio, "That's my take" :)

523317_10151056030761519_1777809963_n.jpg

There may yet be a sequel in the grand final. There already has been fallout. Tarrant says that in last week's semi-final against West Coast, umpires cautioned him repeatedly against the merest workaday contact. ''It was disappointing,'' he says. ''It was a bit frustrating.''

Might explain his off first quarter last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL First Semi Final - COLLINGWOOD vs WEST COAST - Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back