AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no surprises that Scootyb's Fremantle is dominating our league comp with a perfect record and % of 200+. I fully expect him to take out the league and will be surprised if he drops a game.

Online is probably at its least enjoyable. Just custom teams or Fremantle am I matched against, and that's after a number of minutes of waiting. At least I can get private matches against BFers but even then sometimes there is just no one on to play (living in WA it's pretty late for the easterners by the time I can have a run), other than maybe HBK, illnino or Scootyb and they are just a nightmare to play. :p
I know what you mean about Scootyb and his use of Freo.

I know I can take it to him in general field play. But it's so hard to work it out of the middle when he wins the ruck...and that's arguably my best feature (considering at best I win 10 hitouts per game...). He can get it out incredibly quickly and get a goal faster than I can blink a lot of the time and then it just feels like a mountain to climb to get a goal back. Even when I've been in the lead by 2 or so goals several times and feel the game is in my hands, he just needs a couple of good hitouts and bang that lead is gone.

Hopefully I can push my way into the finals and to the Granny and be on my A-Game when I come up against him. I don't think I've beaten him with Sandi in the side, however have with Zac Clarke as the no.1 ruck...maybe I will advocate these injuries/suspensions for next season, may do wonders.:D

I know what you mean about Scootyb and his use of Freo.

I know I can take it to him in general field play. But it's so hard to work it out of the middle when he wins the ruck...and that's arguably my best feature (considering at best I win 10 hitouts per game...). He can get it out incredibly quickly and get a goal faster than I can blink a lot of the time and then it just feels like a mountain to climb to get a goal back. Even when I've been in the lead by 2 or so goals several times and feel the game is in my hands, he just needs a couple of good hitouts and bang that lead is gone.

Hopefully I can push my way into the finals and to the Granny and be on my A-Game when I come up against him. I don't think I've beaten him with Sandi in the side, however have with Zac Clarke as the no.1 ruck...maybe I will advocate these injuries/suspensions for next season, may do wonders.:D

i would be very interested to see a match between hbk ( who along with stakerz i rate as the best ive played ) and scootyb with scooty using a same rated team as richmond, i think the mix of a very good player as scooty is with freo is near impossible to beat, set it up hbk, would love to see what happens

i would be very interested to see a match between hbk ( who along with stakerz i rate as the best ive played ) and scootyb with scooty using a same rated team as richmond, i think the mix of a very good player as scooty is with freo is near impossible to beat, set it up hbk, would love to see what happens
I was definitely thinking the same thing earlier.

But then I think about someone like Illnino and his change from Hawthorn to the Kangas and how it's basically slowed down his ability to win quite considerably because he's had to focus more on changing and adapting his gameplan with a new team than anything else.

I've played more than 200 games with Richmond and basically have my gameplan for skill base down to perfection. I don't even think I could play with another team now and had done very well with Sydney for a number of online games.

Maybe a good change up would be to swap Sandilands for just a lower rated, but still well rated ruckman. At least to that extent it wouldn't be the crazy ability that Sandilands has, but wouldn't disadvantage him so much as to lose out on a great player.

I was definitely thinking the same thing earlier.

But then I think about someone like Illnino and his change from Hawthorn to the Kangas and how it's basically slowed down his ability to win quite considerably because he's had to focus more on changing and adapting his gameplan with a new team than anything else.

I've played more than 200 games with Richmond and basically have my gameplan for skill base down to perfection. I don't even think I could play with another team now and had done very well with Sydney for a number of online games.

Maybe a good change up would be to swap Sandilands for just a lower rated, but still well rated ruckman. At least to that extent it wouldn't be the crazy ability that Sandilands has, but wouldn't disadvantage him so much as to lose out on a great player.

freo have griffen who is still pretty good, maybe see if scooty will play him instead of sandi

Highly rate HBK, illnino, ScootyB and Stakerz in our comp. jorel has done well with Gold Coast too. Still, no one in the comp is an easy win.... Anything can happen, which is great for the season.

Highly rate HBK, illnino, ScootyB and Stakerz in our comp. jorel has done well with Gold Coast too. Still, no one in the comp is an easy win.... Anything can happen, which is great for the season.

havent had the displeasure of playing scooty or illnino yet! would definately put you up there with those guys to! and jorel does unbelievably well with gc

I'd like to play out the tournament with my best team as i would really like to win it, however i would be happy to set up private friendlies with me using Griffo / Clarke in the ruck. I remember playing HBK with Zac in the ruck, and got beaten. I had all my mids as attacking because i was used to Sandi's dominance. I now play with a balanced midfield.

Also interesting to note that even with his contested marking Sandi was a bit of a spud at Full Forward. Don't know if that was one off or if he is just too slow to make an impact :p

I'd like to play out the tournament with my best team as i would really like to win it, however i would be happy to set up private friendlies with me using Griffo / Clarke in the ruck. I remember playing HBK with Zac in the ruck, and got beaten. I had all my mids as attacking because i was used to Sandi's dominance. I now play with a balanced midfield.

Also interesting to note that even with his contested marking Sandi was a bit of a spud at Full Forward. Don't know if that was one off or if he is just too slow to make an impact :p

wouldnt be fair to change now, was just interested to see if it made any difference, because you seem too good for everyone at the moment! 7-0 with over 200% !!!

Well we've had one match up without Sandi in the ruck.

I won it by 16 points...however most of the stats replicated last nights match against Scootyb. He won the hitouts 28-0, won the inside 50's 28-18. Very weird really, but it definitely felt like no Sandi gave me an extra edge.

Will see if we can have a few more matches over the coming days/nights.

Can we count these as Competition scores?:(

Just won the 2nd match up (minus Sandi) by 10 goals. Kept Scootyb to just 2.5 for the match while kicking 12.9 myself. Scooty didn't kick a goal in the 2nd half.

Inside 50's skewed far more to me this time, 30-15 and I won more hitouts 6-22. Definitely feels that without Sandilands amazing directional ability the hitouts just aren't as influential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its funny cos the taps are still going where i want them 75% of the time, its just that the clearances keep coming back over my head because my CHF isnt playing in front. That was the worst beating ive faced but the main reasons i lost were :
Couldnt get a spoil in (good contested marking)
Beaten on the ground / pickups
10 free kicks to 0 :)p)

Its funny cos the taps are still going where i want them 75% of the time, its just that the clearances keep coming back over my head because my CHF isnt playing in front. That was the worst beating ive faced but the main reasons i lost were :
Couldnt get a spoil in (good contested marking)
Beaten on the ground / pickups
10 free kicks to 0 :)p)
Yeah, it's strange I guess.

One thing that for me was of huge difference was definitely those ground pick ups, which I mentioned to you last night just going woefully against me everytime. Today they seemed to be going more for mine in really good positions too (the first goal to Astbury for example).

And my defence was also able to keep a lot of your advances out too. The first game with Moore on Sandi he had 16 disposals to Sandi's 10. And in the 2nd match I guess I just stopped you even getting closer to the 50 as you only entered 15 times.

I just wish I did this last night when it was most important.:( Hopefully come finals time I can do it even with Sandi in there.;)

Stopped playing this game a few weeks ago. I think it has really good elements to it, but the flaws in the gameplay just ruin it when tight matches can come down to who gets the least bugs against them (players running the wrong direction, etc).

Will definitely buy the next title though. Hopefully some of these issues are fixed in the next run.

question for ross, hows the decision on online coming along? im now at the stage where i cant find an online matchup any more :( , i just dont want to play customs/altered teams, it takes the fun out of the game playing against all these souped up sides, and i understand its catch 22 because some people have to do it to compete against the other customs, so in the end evry teams a custom. would just like some fair default v default matchups but just cant get that now.

Was playing online with my brother up 151-1 just before 3/4 time and the game froze.

Too scared to restart the playstation because we fear it could reset our streak/online data

Good idea...Just leave it on forever instead :rolleyes:

Reset your Sony mate, it'll be fine :thumbsu:

Did it mate, stats remain, 60 win streak....gone.

I'll definitely take that though, couldnt imagine what it would be like to lose the lot.

Did it mate, stats remain, 60 win streak....gone.

I'll definitely take that though, couldnt imagine what it would be like to lose the lot.

Oh man that sucks. Me and my brother were trying to catch you guys :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back