AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ill play you. i wont cheat or block your shots ether

Would be more than happy to. I use a regular melbourne team. Add me: ArtieFufkin27, and send a message when you do so I know who it is :p I'm on most nights for a couple of games.

Yep, am officially over online now. Tried for a half hour to find a match that wasn't a 5 star custom side, eventually settled on a 5 star WCE instead. Bloke was an absolute flog but I just can't compete as the Crows against w***ers like him who are robbing goals from 70 with every player.

Where is this poll to vote out custom teams online?
They're completely unnecessary and have always been annoying, even before the patch.

I had a quick go yesterday at creating a five star custom for online, and ignoring the gameplay, the whole experience of playing thrown together completely ruins the AFL LIVE experience. Maybe for online they should have a seperate team player stats set so crappier teams like port can match the cats, for example.

But this custom stuff isnt afl at all.

Hey everyone im having a problem with AFL Live and i didnt know if anyone else is also having the same.....

Yesterday i logged online for the first time since the patch has been out so this downloaded onto my ps3....since then i havent been able to play a game at all...

If i try and play an online game it finds my opponent and lets me set up my team etc but always has a connection loss just before the start of the game! (Just before anyone says check your internet ive played COD and NBA Live 2010 straight away after and checked my connection and everything worked fine...)

As the online didnt seem to be working i thought id play an offline season game and in the loadup screen before the game starts it freezes everytime....even when i try and play a quick play game it freezes on the initial loadup?? wtf? anyone have any ideas?

As i said i have been playing COD, NBA etc and not a freeze up or online problem and my afl live online was working perfect til this patch??

If Big Ant resets the leaderboard it will be a joke. Why the hell should it be reset?

The people who have been hurt the most are the good players who have been quit on the most!

I see no reason why it should be reset. I dare say most of the people voting for it to be reset have pretty low rankings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh why do the players run in the opposite direction to the way I'm telling them to?
I've found this to mainly happen just when you gain control of them. Basically the AI is in control of the player you select for a split second after you've selected them.

In the case where you have one player running at the ball while you're controlling another player (possibly sheparding), at the moment the player picks up the ball, the marker says you're controlling him, yet the AI is still in control...and the AI's logic may have him going in another direction from what you're choosing.

I've found this when the guy is running away from the goals.... The AI will turn him back towards the goals when he picks it up, even if you're holding the opposite direction.

The key is to control them before they pick up the ball, so you have control over the direction they run when they pick it up.
And why do they start running towards the ball then stop for no reason? This game was alright before the patch.
This is frustrating.... it's usually the game choosing that another player in the vicinity will pick it up instead. It looks stupid and can be very frustrating.

If Big Ant resets the leaderboard it will be a joke. Why the hell should it be reset?

The people who have been hurt the most are the good players who have been quit on the most!

I see no reason why it should be reset. I dare say most of the people voting for it to be reset have pretty low rankings.

several have had their stats reset... and they have been highly ranked.... look at illnino think he was top 3 and his got reset.... now he is nowhere... it is due to this that i voted to reset leaderboards.

also many that are up the top at the moment have got there through 2v1 or unsavory tactics (which the patch has helped alot) so im happy for a stats reset. Plpus it gives those who purchased the game lateer a chance to catch up to everyone else...

post patch its almost a different game anyways so why not

The last 5 games i have played i have lost all 5 by under 1 goal :(. Ah I think I need alot more practice. In 3 of them i've been in front and then they kick the last goal or the last 2 goals. I choke I think lol. in saying that it makes me pretty angry because theres alot of things that don't go my way.

several have had their stats reset... and they have been highly ranked.... look at illnino think he was top 3 and his got reset.... now he is nowhere... it is due to this that i voted to reset leaderboards.

also many that are up the top at the moment have got there through 2v1 or unsavory tactics (which the patch has helped alot) so im happy for a stats reset. Plpus it gives those who purchased the game lateer a chance to catch up to everyone else...

post patch its almost a different game anyways so why not

So because a few people got unlucky and had their stats reset, everyone now should? Surely Big Ant has records of these things and can reset them individually.

I'm #4 on xbox and I only EVER use Melbourne, uncustomised, and have never played with a teammate. I don't block shots either.

Post patch the top players will all be using super custom teams, which is just as much of an "unsavory" tactic. I'm going to have to just play organised matches or conform to a super custom team :(

Was shattered last night when I was playing online against the PS3 #1. Was winning by a couple of goal, with what looked to be a good contest. Then suddenly, the game disconnected.
The screen at the end said that I'd won and had received the steak xp and everything....
I pressed X to continue, then the game went into a spin. The camera went from one end of the ground to where the ball was, players were all running around like headless chooks, and the commentary was repeating itself.
Then I go the XMB message that I'd been disconnected from the PSN....

I logged back in and found I'd lost my steak.... Booooooooo!

This happened again in the next game I played.... really weird because my internet was working fine on all other devices...

last night i played one of the best games ever won the game by a point the siren went and the oppsition lost for a after the siren kick wish i could get the patch not sure how to get it

So because a few people got unlucky and had their stats reset, everyone now should? Surely Big Ant has records of these things and can reset them individually.

I'm #4 on xbox and I only EVER use Melbourne, uncustomised, and have never played with a teammate. I don't block shots either.

Post patch the top players will all be using super custom teams, which is just as much of an "unsavory" tactic. I'm going to have to just play organised matches or conform to a super custom team :(

agree about the super custom teams and believe this is another thing that needs to be fixed

as for the people that got their stats reset i believe a few higher ranked honest players have unfortunately had this happened... therefore being no 1 on the leaderboard would be an unsavoury victory given some of the best competitors couldnt compete.

am glad you only use a normal team, and wish everyone did, however this definately is not the case....

as much as it would suck to lose positions for all those that are up there, i believe its just as fair for those that got their stats reset to have a chance at the no 1 position

also im approx 50th on PS3 so not top but high enough to be a big drop if they do get reset, however i have noticed most of those at my level have been super custom teams... and that $hits me!

The problem is that if the stats are reset you WON'T get a good indication of who the best players are. The game is old enough now that the online community is dying. The top players have played what...300? 400 games? I can't remember how many. I honestly doubt people will play another 3-400 games, especially if the stats are reset.

Disagree completely, online is dying because you can't get a normal match, everyone's sick of playing superteams, everyone I know who has the game including myself have stopped playing online because of this . Once it's fixed, I think you'll find the onliners will come back

Disagree completely, online is dying because you can't get a normal match, everyone's sick of playing superteams, everyone I know who has the game including myself have stopped playing online because of this . Once it's fixed, I think you'll find the onliners will come back
Bang on the money. :thumbsu:

@melbournemartin: do we get a good indication of the best players now? or is it simply those that have owned the game longer? yes the online community is dying but i attribute that to shot blocking and 2vs 1s pre patch and post patch to the super custom teams... scratch these and i still think there is a healthy community out there... especially for a game that really is targeted at one country

i have stopped playing online (excluding bigfooty people) just because i am sick of always playing teams with sandilands, ablett, judd, franklin etc in them... every team is the friggen same.

Can understand why many would not want the scoreboards reset, but there is definately many cases to have it reset also

not fussed either way anymore as i have moved away from raanked matches due to the custom teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back