AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Watchafl.com will not let you cast to a smart TV even though their is a cast icon in the app. Running the website from the browser on a smart tv will not let you play video. Does anyone know the reason why they would restrict casting Smarttv access for people overseas? I can understand why they would restrict it in OZ (force people to FTA or Foxtel) but people OS don't have the option of FTA or PAY TV.

If there is a reason (even a commercial reason) i can live with it but at the moment it is very frustrating.

Watchafl.com will not let you cast to a smart TV even though their is a cast icon in the app. Running the website from the browser on a smart tv will not let you play video. Does anyone know the reason why they would restrict casting Smarttv access for people overseas? I can understand why they would restrict it in OZ (force people to FTA or Foxtel) but people OS don't have the option of FTA or PAY TV.

If there is a reason (even a commercial reason) i can live with it but at the moment it is very frustrating.
There may be another TV rights holder in the region? Also could just be to prevent the VPN solution from working.

Really?!? That's a bit of game changer, i'll give it a crack now
Yeah it works well on laptop. Bit spotty on the iPad and with AirPlay. Will have to work on it later.

At a guess they have built a validation function in to the video load event which checks your user agent string to see if you are using a smart tv or not and doesn't load if you are

Why they have decided to do this... who knows

Last edited:
Getflix SmartDNS now works for WatchAFL. Much more faster and more reliable than a VPN
Thanks, I was looking for a fast VPN/DNS

Here's my experience with various VPNs and DNS
Free:
Zenmate - Works but can only stream at low quality. Buffers on anything over 2.2mbps
Hola - doesn't work

Paid/free trial:
unblock-us - Works but only stream low quality
Getflix - Works great at full speed and best quality. No buffering.

Got the Watch AFL subscription voucher for the Membership Global deal...open the link and see a blank page. Completely bush league shit.

Me too. Yes, it's a farce. Opens on a screen with no content, and there's no sign of "Redeem Voucher" anywhere, even on their Help Pages.

Contact your club and complain bitterly. Let them take it up with the AFL. A bullshit service.

Just chatted online with these guys they know there is a problem and are working on it... strange considering it's just one more "payment option". Also because it's a new provider this year FOXSPORTS I was told last year's login info won't work and you'll have to make a new account.

Just chatted online with these guys they know there is a problem and are working on it... strange considering it's just one more "payment option". Also because it's a new provider this year FOXSPORTS I was told last year's login info won't work and you'll have to make a new account.

Yes, already have a new account. But the whole thing is just a farce. Did anyone actually check that this would work before the access codes were sent out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, already have a new account. But the whole thing is just a farce. Did anyone actually check that this would work before the access codes were sent out?
Tell me about it. ****ing amateur hour.

Am running mine from Mac to Apple TV4 but it buffers, 1 second good, one second pause. over and over. Ive got 5.46Mbps. Anyone else know how to solve this?
How good is your router? Lots of data going back and forth there on the one network. I just use a cable.

Don't use Hola

I use Private Internet Access and it's decent, usually select the California/Silicone Valley server. Can't vouch for others but would have to test a SmartDNS like getflix to see if quality improves. PIA quality is decent though still not HD quality.
You're using the wrong server. Change it to Singapore and you should get better results

I was blown away when I looked into Foxtel a few weeks ago only to find that HD was an optional extra. It's 2017 for **** sakes
Yeah got offered the sports channel for free in their Attempt to have me stay but it was as .much a joke as the bundled 'entertaiment' channel, shit for basic extra for a trying actually worth watching...VPN and dodgy is almost as good AND cheaper and hoping for free crown access on premise of being a betting dickhead this yearand going there mirror option

You're using the wrong server. Change it to Singapore and you should get better results

Cheers will give it a go. Selected the US servers as it seemed to have the lower ping (which I thought was weird considering its further away). NZ didn't work for some reason (not available there?)

Cheers will give it a go. Selected the US servers as it seemed to have the lower ping (which I thought was weird considering its further away). NZ didn't work for some reason (not available there?)
Nah. Not available in NZ for some reason. Never has been. Weird.

Appears that Foxtel have dropped the ball on this one - the previous service provider, although a small company, seemed to put more effort in.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back