Preview AFL NAB Cup Round 2 - Gold Coast v Geelong, Metricon Stadium, 7:40PM (8:40PM AEDT) Friday 2 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL NAB Cup Round 2
Gold Coast V Geelong

GoldCoastSunsLogo_%282%29.jpg
--------- V ---------
picture.php

Friday 2 March
Metricon Stadium 7:40PM (Local Time)
Gold Coast Forecast Gold Coast Radar

Video Streams

International viewers can get live video of games from http://www.afl.livesport.tv/.

Local viewers can see games on Foxtel or via XBox or T-Box (though you'd need to be desperate given the limitations of T-Box).

Please do not post in this thread asking for links to streams. Your account will be suspended for a day.

AFL NAB Cup Round 2 - Gold Coast v Geelong, Metricon Stadium, 7:40PM Friday 2 March

Who and where are we playing next week? Do we have to wait for the final round robin fixtures to be concluded before we find out?

I think I'm just getting impatient for this to be over and the real stuff to begin.

Re: Next week

Who and where are we playing next week? Do we have to wait for the final round robin fixtures to be concluded before we find out?

I think I'm just getting impatient for this to be over and the real stuff to begin.

Rd2 March 2nd v Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium

Rd3 March 10th v Richmond at Simmonds Stadium

I forgot that there was a fixture- thanks folks!

Wonder if Gaz will play next week?

That's an interesting question. He played last year when we visited Metricon then had a sudden injury when the Suns visited Geelong.

They'll probably rest him seeing as though he played the first week, but knowing Gaz as being competitive and loving his footy, then i'm sure he'll be wanting to play.

I'm probably leaning towards him not playing and going to a rugby league game instead.

That's an interesting question. He played last year when we visited Metricon then had a sudden injury when the Suns visited Geelong.

They'll probably rest him seeing as though he played the first week, but knowing Gaz as being competitive and loving his footy, then i'm sure he'll be wanting to play.

I'm probably leaning towards him not playing and going to a rugby league game instead.

The Suns will name him in the Squad to maximize the attendance as to will he play don't think so,nothing to be gained.

Ablett did come down to Geelong when they were smashed by us, he has no fear playing against Geelong, or any team anywhere.

Ablett did come down to Geelong when they were smashed by us, he has no fear playing against Geelong, or any team anywhere.

But hes scared of facing all the kids who got their heart broken by him, and so he should be.

he has to face the music down at cat park sooner or later, after all, if you shit in your pants, you have to wear them too.

I don't think he fears playing against Geelong but rather a little hesitant playing at Kardinia Park, against his mates and the Geelong supporters. It may die down this year now that Geelong supporters have moved on somewhat.

Gold Coast away might be a tough game.

Saw a bit of the first GC game in the background the other night and all their good players were out there - Ablett, Bock, Rischitelli, Brennan, Smith, Swallow - so they are taking this pre season pretty seriously.

Gold Coast will win at least 5 games this year IMO.
Looked a lot more professional and structured than they did last year just in their NAB Cup game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ablett plays this weekend I reckon we should take the opportunity to unveil our 2011 Premiership flag and give the cup a lap of honour around the Gold Coast huddle.

Just saying. ;)

Re: AFL NAB Cup Round 2 - Gold Coast v Geelong, Metricon Stadium, 7:40PM Friday 2 March

I don't think he fears playing against Geelong but rather a little hesitant playing at Kardinia Park, against his mates and the Geelong supporters. It may die down this year now that Geelong supporters have moved on somewhat.

But hes scared of facing all the kids who got their heart broken by him, and so he should be.

he has to face the music down at cat park sooner or later, after all, if you shit in your pants, you have to wear them too.

I guess some supporters have moved on, others not so much...

Is it likely that Hawkins will play? I was at the round robin games, and think one big forward would have improved our structure immensely. Our kitten-heavy midfields were ok in both games (although tired towards the end), we just got done in the air when we kicked long. Brown reads the ball so well, but is just too small to hold his ground and his marks.

Looking forward to a full game: hopefully we see the Orren/West combo for the full game, rather than only having one genuine ruckman on the field as in the Saints game. Also looking forward to seeing more from the half back candidates (Smedts, Guthrie, THunt, maybe GHS?) now that Josh Hunt is out. Also interested to see who has taken big strides forward for the Suns over the pre-season.

Does anyone know if this is 7:40PM Melbourne or Brisbane time?

It says Brisbane time on my guide and the forecast is 29 and mainly fine.
The previous couple of weeks the humidity has been high, due to the amount of rain we've had, so i wonder if that will effect the team selection or the amount of players that travel with the squad.

Re: AFL NAB Cup Round 2 - Gold Coast v Geelong, Metricon Stadium, 7:40PM Friday 2 March

What kind of team do you anticipate the Cats to send up to Metricon.

The Suns are still a long way from challenging a full strength Geelong side, and even if Geelong field about a 75% side (which is what i'm guessing) it should mean a victory to you guys.

Geelong by 20 points

What kind of team do you anticipate the Cats to send up to Metricon.

The Suns are still a long way from challenging a full strength Geelong side, and even if Geelong field about a 75% side (which is what i'm guessing) it should mean a victory to you guys.

Geelong by 20 points

I would imagine very similar to the team we fielded last week.
I would imagine that the Suns are going to field a reasonably full strength side which will obviously include a lot of albeit younger players with AFL match experience.

I think that will come to the fore towards the end of the game and it will be closely contested I think.

Suns to come close and Geelong to fall over the line by a couple of goals.

Well, no, you don't really, washing, changing, ..............
He was at Skilled and spent time signing autographs for some who still love him, on the day of the match. And they weren't GC fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back