Mega Thread AFL: No Trades (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick question:

By the AFL effectively forcing us to cancel COLa instantly are they expecting us to take over this allowance from the TPP to uphold existing contracts? We must be or we could have agreed to cancel COLa with a stroke of a pen.

I'd hate to think we've essentially been shoehorned into a situation where we are forced to spend 100% of our cap to cover the difference on existing players guaranteeing no ability to trade, while at the same time bringing in Equalisation measures specifically allowing competitors to build war chests to target those same players.

Perhaps this was Gordon's share of the spoils when all this was worked out by the working committee?

Essentially, we are being taxed via equalisation, forced to spend more on our current list to take over the allowances, restrained from making trades, denied the Veterans List to managed our experienced talent, and next year the Academy will be smashed to smithereens to deny us the option of drafting juniors as well.

This is a smash and grab by the Heartlessland Clubs. The whole thing looks like a multipronged plan to force us to shed talent. And it's quite clear to me that this Equalisation program is specifically targeting only one club in footy. Us.

How are the other Presidents not noticing this?

Quick question:

By the AFL effectively forcing us to cancel COLa instantly are they expecting us to take over this allowance from the TPP to uphold existing contracts? We must be or we could have agreed to cancel COLa with a stroke of a pen.

I'd hate to think we've essentially been shoehorned into a situation where we are forced to spend 100% of our cap to cover the difference on existing players guaranteeing no ability to trade, while at the same time bringing in Equalisation measures specifically allowing competitors to build war chests to target those same players.

Perhaps this was Gordon's share of the spoils when all this was worked out by the working committee?

Essentially, we are being taxed via equalisation, forced to spend more on our current list to take over the allowances, restrained from making trades, denied the Veterans List to managed our experienced talent, and next year the Academy will be smashed to smithereens to deny us the option of drafting juniors as well.

This is a smash and grab by the Heartlessland Clubs. The whole thing looks like a multipronged plan to force us to shed talent. And it's quite clear to me that this Equalisation program is specifically targeting only one club in footy. Us.

How are the other Presidents not noticing this?

You summed it up beautifully.

The core issue is that many Melbourne clubs, via incompetence, are struggling. Rather than address their own failures despite the massive advantages of being a Melbourne club, they effectively target a successful interstate club - concocting lies about the COLA being the reason for our success.

The AFL are on very tenuous legal ground - and morally bankrupt - but it is in the courts that this needs to be exposed and ruthlessly attacked. You cannot negotiate with corruption behind closed doors.

If we genuinely wanted a way to stick it to the AFL - boycott finals. I know it would be hard because we'd all want to watch us play a final but it's the only thing we can do that would hurt the AFL financially without hurting our club.
The AFL wouldn't care, they would just draft in a Melb club to fill the void.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we don't go down any legal path.

Taking on the AFL is like trying to explain to a bouncer why he should let you into a nightclub.

its completely pointless taking them on legally.

But you can damage their brand without bringing the game into disrepute. and that is what we should be doing. We should do exactly what mouthpiece megaphone eddy has been doing. We should also get supporters - adam spencer is an obvious one - who have a public profile to publicly damage them over and over and over and over.

I'd talk down the tv rights - I'd be hammering the fact that tv stations are all broke that it will be very hard to market stuff in any market without the swans and the swans are

Thats actually where it hurts - because they are all on ridiculous boys club bonus schemes down here - most of which are linked to financial metrics in the comp.

still pretty hard to get a trade done, targeting a player trying to agree on a deal etc.

This is honestly a joke pretty much the AFL is trying to say we cheated.

This organisation is very unprofessional and should be laughed at.

by this the AFL is saying COLA was a wrong. All the jabber for 15 years as to why their should be a Cola and now this - except if your GWS. Straight from Fat Eddie's mouth. FO AFL.

Only just caught wind of this. I'm ****ing stunned.

I can only assume we must have been chasing someone bigger than Patful for this to eventuate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread AFL: No Trades (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back