Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2058471

It's working. Would be nice to see a flag once in a while.
If you received an alert for this thread, but do not sub to the Sydney board at all, just click here to fix it:

Some glitch in the matrix made a lot of people sub to the Sydney board, I guess.

🤷‍♂️

You can manage all of your watched forums here:

Afterwards...

If you find yourself receiving alerts for other threads or users that you shouldn't be, check out whether you are watching or following them and Unwatch or Unfollow.

Manage Users You Follow:

Manage Threads You Watch:

No I've made my lot in life. I'll deal with the pain.
Assume there's something to take for that in the membership pack.

Apologies, I don't know you, you didn't deserve that, but the door was wide open and I am not above cheap jokes.

Up the Toffees.

Who left the door open?

This took me a very long time to work out what this meant before realising I am on the Sydney board..

Season 8 Nerds GIF by The Simpsons

400 game record is a nonsense.

Pendlebury has played over 300 games in Victoria. He’s had such a soft run he’s never played at Geelong.

Throw in that he’s never played in NT, Tasmania or Northern Queensland.

Credit to him for having played on average 1 game a year in WA, SA, QLD and NSW.

Goodes record is more impressive with just over half his games being played in NSW.

400 game record is a nonsense.

Pendlebury has played over 300 games in Victoria. He’s had such a soft run he’s never played at Geelong.

Throw in that he’s never played in NT, Tasmania or Northern Queensland.

Credit to him for having played on average 1 game a year in WA, SA, QLD and NSW.

Goodes record is more impressive with just over half his games being played in NSW.
Jack Hiscox likes this. Number of games is not the measure of what constitutes a brilliant career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back again by unpopular demand.

Rowie and Heeney should start screaming that they’re being held at every contest. In fact all our players should. Just a non stop cacophony of being held, every. Single. Time, that it happens. Sure, we’ll look like a bunch of whingers but teams are getting away with it, and it needs to be stamped out before the finals.

JHWF, your friendly crusader for justice.

Swans, as a team name/animal is pretty weak. I don't often think about it, but when I do, I wish we had a meaner animal, like Tigers, Lions etc.

I like the name. It's at least unique. There's no Swans in any other professional sports league in the world. Unlike Tigers, Lions etc, which tend to be a dime a dozen and always sound kinda juvenile anyway.

Swans is also the name of a brilliant and influential art rock/post punk band, which is another big plus.

I like the name. It's at least unique. There's no Swans in any other professional sports league in the world. Unlike Tigers, Lions etc, which tend to be a dime a dozen and always sound kinda juvenile anyway.

Swans is also the name of a brilliant and influential art rock/post punk band, which is another big plus.

Played in the Premier League not that long ago.

I did think of Swansea, but "swans" is their unofficial nickname. It's just a shortening of Swansea and doesn't appear on any official branding or TV broadcasts.
I mean their logo is literally a Swan, their mascot is a (violent) Swan, and their club website refers to "Swans" prominently. "Swans Latest", "Swans TV", "Swans Club", the shop refers to "Swans Jerseys" etc.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back