Mega Thread AFL: No Trades (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney is chasing Matthew Leuenberger who is around that $450,000 per year mark.

Also I believe Tom Harley might convince Stevie J to come up to Sydney for a year or two and then join the the Swans coaching staff after he retires. Really need another smart player up forward to help Buddy, Tippett, Heeney & Co.

Sydney is chasing Matthew Leuenberger who is around that $450,000 per year mark.

Also I believe Tom Harley might convince Stevie J to come up to Sydney for a year or two and then join the the Swans coaching staff after he retires. Really need another smart player up forward to help Buddy, Tippett, Heeney & Co.

Id take that.

I just hope we have something really special up our sleeve when the restrictions are finished. Id love to see us land a couple of big fish 2016 trade period.

Id take that.

I just hope we have something really special up our sleeve when the restrictions are finished. Id love to see us land a couple of big fish 2016 trade period.
I'd like to see us lock up Luke Parker in a long term deal first

Played his best footy since being at the SWANs the last 6 weeks as a ruck/forward imo so I don't really get why some want his role changed
Just needs better back up and hopefully the trade period will fix that

Wathcing Tippo kick goals, turn to his teammates and pump the fist to get them all going...have to get on board with the guy, fellow supporters.

Tippo has shown he can step up to a level where he doesn't just contribute, but to a level that inspires the team on.

Get him some backup, Tom Harley. Release the Beast!! :D

Played his best footy since being at the SWANs the last 6 weeks as a ruck/forward imo so I don't really get why some want his role changed
Just needs better back up and hopefully the trade period will fix that

Agreed he still needs to ruck, but just a bit less

But if you get get leunberger he needs to be no 1 ruck imo

If we get Luenburger, Pyke then becomes backup and the structure stays quite similar to now.

If we get leunberger then Pykey goes to play in the NEAFL imo

We have drex and pyke list clogging next year, but Pyke whatever he is a great servant, drex contract is a joke

Naismith 3 years lol

nankervis will probably get 8

If we get leunberger then Pykey goes to play in the NEAFL imo

We have drex and pyke list clogging next year, but Pyke whatever he is a great servant, drex contract is a joke

Naismith 3 years lol

nankervis will probably get 8
Sorry thats what I meant by back up, he'd be i the NEAFL. The Naismith 3 year deal is so odd, we dont even know if they guy is good enough to compete at the level and we throw him 3 years... Someone at the Swans obviously really rates him.

Sorry thats what I meant by back up, he'd be i the NEAFL. The Naismith 3 year deal is so odd, we dont even know if they guy is good enough to compete at the level and we throw him 3 years... Someone at the Swans obviously really rates him.

Ahh sorry mate with you now

Naismith can probably play but surely one year would suffice, doubt he was getting offers

Ahh sorry mate with you now

Naismith can probably play but surely one year would suffice, doubt he was getting offers
Yeah absolutely no way Pykey is sharing the same field as Tippett and Luey. I agree re Naismith, certainly not against signing him but 3 years seems excessive. Having said that he might have signed for $150k a year in which case its no big deal.

Yeah absolutely no way Pykey is sharing the same field as Tippett and Luey. I agree re Naismith, certainly not against signing him but 3 years seems excessive. Having said that he might have signed for $150k a year in which case its no big deal.

True

I dont see enough reserves to know, maybe he looks super going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a reason he was offered a 3 year contract...it has something to do with his size, his ability, his attitude and his potential. It's a risk due to his constant injuries but he's a ruckman and they get those things at a young age. I'm tipping he'll become a monster for our ruck division and will be offered another contract before those 3 years are up!

And as he gets better, his price escalates? Hmmm...lock in now and he's cheaper!

Odds are against this happening

Not everything the swans do is genius sorry to burst the bubble

THE SYDNEY Swans' chances of securing Brisbane Lions ruckman Matthew Leuenberger have received a boost with the trade restrictions on the Sydney Swans to be eased.

Securing the free agent's signature has become a race in three with the Swans understood to be competing with Essendon and Fremantle however Leuenberger is not expected to make a decision on his future until after the finals.

Gold Coast's Zac Smith visited Melbourne this week and met with Geelong and Essendon, but also remains on the radar of the Sydney Swans.

The ruckman seems likely to leave Metricon Stadium after Tom Nicholls established himself as the Suns' No.1 ruckman this year, but he is yet to inform Gold Coast that he wants a trade.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-...inside-word-on-the-players-looking-for-a-move

THE SYDNEY Swans' chances of securing Brisbane Lions ruckman Matthew Leuenberger have received a boost with the trade restrictions on the Sydney Swans to be eased.

Securing the free agent's signature has become a race in three with the Swans understood to be competing with Essendon and Fremantle however Leuenberger is not expected to make a decision on his future until after the finals.

Gold Coast's Zac Smith visited Melbourne this week and met with Geelong and Essendon, but also remains on the radar of the Sydney Swans.

The ruckman seems likely to leave Metricon Stadium after Tom Nicholls established himself as the Suns' No.1 ruckman this year, but he is yet to inform Gold Coast that he wants a trade.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-...inside-word-on-the-players-looking-for-a-move

Would prefer smith imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back