AFL Premier Division - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win by the Hawks on the weekend - probably unexpected so reckon they have to be a chance this wend to maybe set up a GF replay the following week.

Will be interesting to see how the Hawks rally this week. Like them or not you have to respect the way they keep finding a way to win! From all accounts they were 2nd to grange and found a way to win, and then held off a fast finishing Magpies to win. How there bodies are feeling after a 6 day brake? How are palmy's after the bog they played in? I think they will count for each other! You can bet one thing, both sides will trow everything at it on Sat, Palmy would still be filthy over last weeks result and Hawks would have genuine belief. My money will be on palmy but have seen two all mighty comebacks from the Hawks against palmy to know this game wont be over untill the fat lady sings! Pray for good weather, and these two sides will look after the rest!

I have no idea have Sandgate have got through this far - Wilston Grange will be kicking themselves for not putting Sandgate away. Palmy might struggle with form of there big units fairly ordinary - Sandgate have some good youth coming through and could end up having to much run for them. Horne actually needs to get out of the centre square also - but with smaller ground this might suit him. So could be a good game you would think. Noosa will be just sitting back smoking the pipe - could be a GF greatest winning margin the following week.

Palmy won easily over a pretty disappointing Sandgate today. The skills at times by the Lions in a tricky wind were exceptional. They have some good young fellas and a good mix of experience. On a dry track next week I would expect them to win. If it rains, I expect Noosa's bigger bodies to prevail.

The best 2 sides made the granny which makes for a good game.

Agree 100% 2010, sandgate looked flat and lacked spark today! Palmy moved the ball very very well, arnold knight caused no end of headache's for the hawks. If it's a dry track, I think palmy will be very hard to beat! Not impossible by any stretch but obviously thier best chance. 2 best sides playing for the big prize, regardless of weather will be a very entertaining game! 2 very tough and proud clubs going flat out, doesnt get any better! Palmy by a couple of kicks!!!!!!!

The Maroochy ground has been disgraceful this year in general - bit better the last month with far less rain, but IF it rains this week expect a fairly ordinary ground IMO. Tomorrow there will be 3 junior GF's played on it as well.

For the sake of the game I hope the rain stays away. PBC will certainly be better on a dry track but strong bodies hit hard and Noosa has alot of older heads that know what it takes. Noosa for mine, wet or dry.

You're right S36... down there today watching the junior finals - ground is beautiful. Noosa boys all set for a big saturday apparently!!:D

You're right S36... down there today watching the junior finals - ground is beautiful. Noosa boys all set for a big saturday apparently!!:D

i had a lengthy talk to the groundsman one day, and he told me it was stuffed for so long at the start of the year due to the amount of rain we had, and it never really getting the chance to fully dry out. he said once it was fully dry, wasn't going to be an issue again the rest of the season.

turns out he knows his stuff, we have had plenty of rain and it is as good as gold.

And like you said - less foot traffic certainly helps as well. Forecast a little rain this week - should be very kind to those old Noosa legs:D

Noosa to win

No matter what the conditions are Noosa will win the GF against Palmy. They seem to have a great culture at the club with a few brilliant leaders. eg matthews and brewer.

If conditions are good Im predicting a big crowd at Fish rd. Also i believe Palmy will go the biff, they usually do. Could be an entertaining day!!!

Noosa by 24 points and Owen Bailey off Half back will win the medal. He is a smokey but from all reports the x roo has been one of their most consistent players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Noosa to win

No matter what the conditions are Noosa will win the GF against Palmy. They seem to have a great culture at the club with a few brilliant leaders. eg matthews and brewer.

If conditions are good Im predicting a big crowd at Fish rd. Also i believe Palmy will go the biff, they usually do. Could be an entertaining day!!!

Noosa by 24 points and Owen Bailey off Half back will win the medal. He is a smokey but from all reports the x roo has been one of their most consistent players.

Do you mean Bovalino? Brewster been there 5min...

I'm going to go Cubby for the medal.

Serious? Grand final, plenty at stake and you think Palmy will go the knuckle because that's what they usually do!! Mate not sure the last game you went to, but when the chips are down not 1 of the 44 blokes taking the field will take a backward step! So to single out palmy is rubbish. No one will discount tempers will fly, they always do, two very proud clubs going after the big prize, so go back and re think your comments, then post something educated.

Serious? Grand final, plenty at stake and you think Palmy will go the knuckle because that's what they usually do!! Mate not sure the last game you went to, but when the chips are down not 1 of the 44 blokes taking the field will take a backward step! So to single out palmy is rubbish. No one will discount tempers will fly, they always do, two very proud clubs going after the big prize, so go back and re think your comments, then post something educated.
Yeah agree kwhit.I wouldn`t be singling out Palmy.I`m sure both sides will attempt to stop the influence of certain players more with a crash bang attack on the contest than go the biff.Noosa will be smarter than the way they handled the 2009 opening and physically have not looked intimitated by anyone in 2011.They have 22 fit boys who wizzed the ball around tonight without it hardly touching the ground and look ready to go.Both teams have superb on ballers,Noosas` key forwards Brewster and Frew will be the difference for mine.Close for a half then the tigers to romp home in front of a huge feral maybe nude by the end crowd.

Nude you reckon? Gee, looks like the entertainment will keep rolling through out the night! Will agree with Brewster and Frew, two very good targets up front and if palmy can get a handle on them Drake, Blowes and Carrol will have the ammo up front. Not sure either on ball will have a significant advantage, both possess winners in and under players and players that use the footy real well. A fast dry track will suit the run from Palmy's half back line, but key for mine is shutting down Noosa's forwards. Anyway time for talk is done, lets see which side has the greater belief, cause i cant see any other way of winning this evenly matched contest. Game on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nude you reckon? Gee, looks like the entertainment will keep rolling through out the night! Will agree with Brewster and Frew, two very good targets up front and if palmy can get a handle on them Drake, Blowes and Carrol will have the ammo up front. Not sure either on ball will have a significant advantage, both possess winners in and under players and players that use the footy real well. A fast dry track will suit the run from Palmy's half back line, but key for mine is shutting down Noosa's forwards. Anyway time for talk is done, lets see which side has the greater belief, cause i cant see any other way of winning this evenly matched contest. Game on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umm, ground was underwater today. is drying out quickly, and is solid underfoot but expect a wet track tomorrow.

Yeah agree kwhit.I wouldn`t be singling out Palmy.I`m sure both sides will attempt to stop the influence of certain players more with a crash bang attack on the contest than go the biff.Noosa will be smarter than the way they handled the 2009 opening and physically have not looked intimitated by anyone in 2011.They have 22 fit boys who wizzed the ball around tonight without it hardly touching the ground and look ready to go.Both teams have superb on ballers,Noosas` key forwards Brewster and Frew will be the difference for mine.Close for a half then the tigers to romp home in front of a huge feral maybe nude by the end crowd.

Lets hope its the female contingent then NB bc there is some fairly tidy Noosa ladies.:D

Easy win to noosa - started off with PBC winning the toss and kicking against the win. WTF is going on there? Followed up by a destructive 1st qrt by the Tigers with PBC not scoring and the Tiges piling on 8 goals. if that wasn't bade enough the Lions lost the plot when Tromphy sucked players who should know better in hook, line and sinker. Hewatt and Hards red carded for the match. Then O'Brien loses his mind (the coach version of Alastair Lynch??) and decides its a good idea to berate the umpires at 1/4 time, alledgedly offer to go toe to toe with one in the car park, and put on report too. From that point PBC never looked in it and with a couple of hugely ill disciplined acts in the 2nd (can you blame the players when the coach is carrying on like a twit) the game was all over.

Noosa, too good, too smart and too strong. Too many players who thrive on the contest and don't take their eyes off the footy. Well done Tigers and hope it was a good $$ take for the Roos as well.

sunny Coast footy has 3 out of 4 victors in the comps they are in this year - not a bad effort.

Spot on smy. Unbelievable scenes by OBrien. How can the players be expected to keep their cool when their leader carrying on like that. They were getting punished in the free kick department because they were second to the ball, out muscled and thought the tuff thing to do was have a go after the contest! Game over effectively 20 mins into 1st qtr. Would be the best Noosa side in 20 years, maybe ever! To much depth and all just play their role to a tee. If thats right they won the toss and kicked against it I'm gobsmacked. It was a 6 goal wind, nightmare really, not sure PBC even got it past half forward in the first. Both sides rolled out their share of feral supporters and wouldnt have been hard to find a blew in the crowd if you were looking for one!

Sounds like behavior ide expect from a Palmy juniors game. Pathetic to hear about such nonsense, especially from a coach. Not going in the right direction to improve the reputation of the division.

Big congrats to Noosa on the win and lets hope for a tight comp next year :thumbsu:

Spot on smy. Unbelievable scenes by OBrien. How can the players be expected to keep their cool when their leader carrying on like that. They were getting punished in the free kick department because they were second to the ball, out muscled and thought the tuff thing to do was have a go after the contest! Game over effectively 20 mins into 1st qtr. Would be the best Noosa side in 20 years, maybe ever! To much depth and all just play their role to a tee. If thats right they won the toss and kicked against it I'm gobsmacked. It was a 6 goal wind, nightmare really, not sure PBC even got it past half forward in the first. Both sides rolled out their share of feral supporters and wouldnt have been hard to find a blew in the crowd if you were looking for one!

Actually didn't think the umps were that bad in the 1st qrt - PBC never got near the contest so was hard to get a free! I think they were just more unhappy about the 2 red cards - didn't get a real good look (stood over near the scoreboard in the 1st qrt and then thought it was all happening over near the coaches boxes so stood over there for the rest:D) but maybe a bit stiff - yellows probably would have sufficed. The poor emergency ump was copping a hammering and dumb O'Brien felt it was his role to continue to abuse him whilst the game was going on:eek:)

Re the toss - watched it carefully bc I thought this could actually win/lose the game if the breeze died down as the game went on. Might have to check with Bova but the PBC skipper certainly pointed first. Quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen if indeed true.

Yeah Puntroad - have heard that PBC don't have the best rep going round in junior ranks. Disappointing day for their football club really - you can lose with dignity and pride at times. When you have security shuffling spectators let alone the coach away from the umpires at 1/4 time then its probably not a bad thing that it is his last season.

Thought #14 was great for PBC and Round is obviously a class act. One of their boys is only 16yrs of age apparently (#53?) and didn't take a bwds step (in fact Mr.Sawers injury was the consequence of this!). Knight was also magnificent in defeat.

the biff all started when noosa player kneed either those 2 midfielders and it was on. after that palmy lost the plot and noosa were just too good. the game was well over at qtr time even when a palmy fan came out and started abusing the umpires in front of their faces at qtr time and 29 was the number he was telling them and that is tromphy

dukes bog, durden had a better game easily

the game was a rather disappointing game, fitting how those 2 were going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back