AFL Premier Division - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you maybe right about Dickfos not geting drafted but a little birdy tells me there is interest in him - has been held back a bit and not been noticed. anyway enough of that.
Palmy way to strong for Magpies and i hope they belt them to be honest ( dont relly know why )
Yes there isnt to much support for Grange and so there shouldnt be ( Mayne should have beaten them twice ) - think they got there big wins early when got under everyones guard - Tough big loss ( only hard nut they have ) Cash ( soft ) forgot him before, Agosta to slow, Rogers to old, Pardew just playing for free piss probably - Sangate have a few oldies but i think they could go half pace and beat Grange - which is a shame as they have improved this year. Marto needs to work for next year - and get some players with shit in them.

You say you think it is a shame they will lose, but the sentence before ragged out on half their team? Confusing me a bit.

You say you think it is a shame they will lose, but the sentence before ragged out on half their team? Confusing me a bit.
Personally I think Palmy and magpies will be a cracker.Palmy full of experience,guns on most lines,put their heads over the ball as well as anyone and very well drilled and the Magpies (with alot of their Senior squad doing pre season with the Lions) the fittest side in the comp`,disciplined and hard to beat at home.I predicted 6 weeks ago(on this forum) that it will be a Noosa v magpies Gf and am still confident this will happen.Magpies in a close one for mine and palmy to play Sandgate in the first semi the following week.

Luke is a great player... but playing coaches surely are a thing of the past???

Absolute gun player and bloke which any club would love to have and a great leader but winning strike rate (like most other playing coaches) ????? ouch.

Surely the PHC standard is now beyond playing coaches??? and yes I know Mitch Ferguson is helping who is a very smart guy...but c'mon.... wouldn't Mayne be better off getting a non-playing coach and keeping Luke as a player?? or was that not on the table? ;)
I think in Maynes position at present, a captain coach in the calibre of Luke faulkner is exactly the way to go.Whilst it is known that the Mayne FC is financial,when wins are currently hard to come by,why waste money on a non playing coach when your existing playing coach is leading by example both off and particually on the field.

Why i say it's a shame is they havent been around finals for a while so it will be shame they are gone so early unless they drmatically change there side i saw play last week. I have seen them play only 3 times this year and i have to say they have been ordinary on all counts - and the last qtr against SP they were terrible and from up on the hill looked like they put the que in the rack when they had so much to play for. maybe they prove me wrong - but my money is all on Sandgate to move through.
Get Noosa away from the shithole up there and they are beatable - and i would think they pray each Friday night that Brewster doesnt breakdown - or Isles for that matter - losing Brewster means all over the Coasties.

Why i say it's a shame is they havent been around finals for a while so it will be shame they are gone so early unless they drmatically change there side i saw play last week. I have seen them play only 3 times this year and i have to say they have been ordinary on all counts - and the last qtr against SP they were terrible and from up on the hill looked like they put the que in the rack when they had so much to play for. maybe they prove me wrong - but my money is all on Sandgate to move through.
Get Noosa away from the shithole up there and they are beatable - and i would think they pray each Friday night that Brewster doesnt breakdown - or Isles for that matter - losing Brewster means all over the Coasties.

Ha,ha! You've obviously copped a few floggings at Weyba Rd fanatic. Since 2005 i would say the biggest home ground advantage, biggest crowds and most wins at home out of anyone in the comp, could be wrong but rarely am! Your obviously trying to stir things up, calling blokes soft, pissheads and venues shitholes, good luck.

The shithole! gee thats one I haven`t heard before.Most opposition clubs supporters can`t wait to get up here and make a weekend of it.Most of Australia would say its not a bad place at all.Brewster and isles have been great this year.So have Matthews,mcKinntrick,bailey,bovalino and panaho.Everyone is beatable on any given day regardless of where the game is played but if you want to see a serious footy loving public supporting their local boys,I`d be up here in 10 days.Have been the biggest crowd pullers for 20 years Noosa.No shithole fanatic,just a top place to be at.

And generally the females in attendance are easy on the eye as well - especially if the coaches are kind enough to play a few of the young kids:D

Agree NB - easily the best ground for atmosphere on the coast - Chelmer is good in this respect as was Grange on GF day last year but the crowds at Noosa are by far and away the best in the PHC from my involvement.

Ok you maybe right about Dickfos not geting drafted but a little birdy tells me there is interest in him - has been held back a bit and not been noticed. anyway enough of that.
Palmy way to strong for Magpies and i hope they belt them to be honest ( dont relly know why )
Yes there isnt to much support for Grange and so there shouldnt be ( Mayne should have beaten them twice ) - think they got there big wins early when got under everyones guard - Tough big loss ( only hard nut they have ) Cash ( soft ) forgot him before, Agosta to slow, Rogers to old, Pardew just playing for free piss probably - Sangate have a few oldies but i think they could go half pace and beat Grange - which is a shame as they have improved this year. Marto needs to work for next year - and get some players with shit in them.

on one of the occasions, Mayne or the "new" merged team of Morningside (who had the bye) and Mayne.

BTW - noticed a Noosa lad, Caine Tickner, selected in the AIS group - fantastic effort. Must have had a good coach this year.:D
Yeah was pretty much all the talk down at training tonight smy.Cain trained with the senior group,seems pretty focused on what he wants to achieve.Obviously a long way to go and yes,, IMO, has had a bloke coaching him this year who knows the caper better than most.I know there`s plenty of interest in him coaching the seniors again.

Yeah was pretty much all the talk down at training tonight smy.Cain trained with the senior group,seems pretty focused on what he wants to achieve.Obviously a long way to go and yes,, IMO, has had a bloke coaching him this year who knows the caper better than most.I know there`s plenty of interest in him coaching the seniors again.

Stop the presses NB!! Thought it was a given that the "new" coach would come from within.
Caine - good kid, damn good footballer for his age but saying that, saw some very very good footballers in Canberra a few weeks ago - you don't realise how far behind the 8 ball we are in Qld till you observe others.

Plenty of ammunition for Grange in all this which I'm sure will be noted...
They have obviously been a bit flat later in the year but surely Sandgate qualify for this tag as well??

Grange results against finals teams:
beat Sandgate by 15 points at home, lost by 12 points at Sandgate,
beat Noosa at Noosa by 12 points (only played once),
beat Palm Beach at home by 36 points (only played once),
lost to Magpies at Magpies by 17 points (only played once).

So based on that they surely are worthy contenders as much as the other teams?

Please stop bagging! They don't need any more motivation!:mad::mad::mad:
(Go Hawks!).

Sandgate v Grange
All starts onball, Pettit v Mcmahon no real advantage here! Nuss, Drew, Long if they can get it happening not sure grange have the ammo to go with them, Walker dickfos are crucial to sandgate, if Pardew can shut down dickfos grange are a chance. Skuse very very dangerous around goals, cash is a class player two important factors that sandgate need to stop. Not sure of hawks back up ruckman but Nicholson has kicked goals and can give a honest contest around ground. Unfortuantly limited knowledge of grange but Fabian, Forbes huge loses for Hawks. But Hawks to win by 4 goals.

Magpies v PBC
Has magpies lost both ruckman? Massive blow if true. Ianson Round are a big big handfull on ball and up forward, Dobson, Heffernan Roper Mclenan, Milhalopolus all very capable, hard running mids. Horn, Hards x2, dyson close to if not best in comp. Palmy to win it in middle. Blowes, Caroll, Drake, Round, Clark most dangerous in comp. McDonnell as good as he is which one do you put him on?. I think Maggies injuries are worse than Palmy's but with pending fittness test at both clubs dont be surprised to see some "Miracle selections". Had fun racking my brain thinking of these two games, but there can be only two winners.

Hawkes by 4 goals
Lions by 3 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been watching this forum for a while now - and to be honest fairly boring hearing the same old stuff.

Is anyone going to have crack at how the finals will pan out and start naming names.

Went to watch Grange - Surfers on the week-end - and Grange will be the first club out. They are very ordinary - no-one with any fight/ticker - just gave up in the end. Surfers were pretty good but Grange hopeless - big fat Green kicked 10 and no-one even looked like stopping him.

Grange havent got a fwd line by the look - Collins very over-rated. must kick his goals against bottom teams.
Skuse - i thought he was a gun. Very soft and just runs fwd all the time.

Anyway enough on Grange i suppose.

Sandgate - having bye will help. Dickfos the key down forward - have some good young on-ballers and with open space will run rings around Grange.

Magpies/Palm-Beach - Palm Beach seem to have big heads and that might be the only thing that gets in there way. Magpies young and need to be put under pressure - Dickfos very good young player ( could get drafted ).

Palm Beach on the smal ground might be to good and big.

So Sandgate ( by a long way ) and Palm Beach for mine.
Who are you? I hope Grange smash Sandgate I am non committed to any team but hate wackers who put down teams especially naming players......... very soft D...Head. Have you ever played football, that is not under 10's when you sat on the bench and wished you could be apart of the team. Every player in this comp trys his heart out and puts in his best effort. Don't ever name individual players and put them down, that is my pet hate and others I'm assured. I have followed all teams this year been to the huddles and see all the boys trying their best. Go some else fella!!!!!!!!!

The shithole! gee thats one I haven`t heard before.Most opposition clubs supporters can`t wait to get up here and make a weekend of it.Most of Australia would say its not a bad place at all.Brewster and isles have been great this year.So have Matthews,mcKinntrick,bailey,bovalino and panaho.Everyone is beatable on any given day regardless of where the game is played but if you want to see a serious footy loving public supporting their local boys,I`d be up here in 10 days.Have been the biggest crowd pullers for 20 years Noosa.No shithole fanatic,just a top place to be at.

NB you will find that he was talking about the Noosa football Club facilities, ground, and feral supporters, it is a shithole!!!! Well said Fanatic

NB you will find that he was talking about the Noosa football Club facilities, ground, and feral supporters, it is a shithole!!!! Well said Fanatic

Haven't played at Noosa for a while Roadkill? Best sheds for players in the comp you could argue. Certainly better than any sheds that a Brisbane side has to offer. Only one who could compete is Maroochydores (maybe a bit small). Feral supporters?? Imagine if your club had passionate supporters rather than "entertainment watchers" who roll on down to watch a game periodically bc there is nothing else on a Saturday afternoon and provide a light hand clap on a goal being scored...

Plenty of ammunition for Grange in all this which I'm sure will be noted...
They have obviously been a bit flat later in the year but surely Sandgate qualify for this tag as well??

Grange results against finals teams:
beat Sandgate by 15 points at home, lost by 12 points at Sandgate,
beat Noosa at Noosa by 12 points (only played once),
beat Palm Beach at home by 36 points (only played once),
lost to Magpies at Magpies by 17 points (only played once).

So based on that they surely are worthy contenders as much as the other teams?

Please stop bagging! They don't need any more motivation!:mad::mad::mad:
(Go Hawks!).

Checked out the Grange /Sandgate game in windy condition (favouring the rooms end) with Sandgate scraping in luckily by 5 points. Grange lost Pardew half way thru the 2nd qtr.(red carded out) Massive dive sucked in the umpires. Grange one short for half a qtr. while with the wind. Then 3 on the bench for rest of game. Also Sandgate lost no. 11 (Walker) at 3 qtr time with what seems to be a serious knee injury. Sides evened out for last qtr. Dickfos came into the game in the last qtr with some strong marks and probably won the game for them. Long also injured knee in last qtr and will need some work on it for next week.

Gallant effort by Grange under the circumstances and definately cannot see Sandgate getting anywhere near the Magpies or Palm Beach next week

Yes went and saw Grange/Sangate - what a great game of footy. I will eat some humble pie about gorillas soft - they certainly came out to play. Grange just missed so many easy goals.
Pardew was a huge loss as he was lined up on Dickfos but also sets a lot of play for them. Skuse didnt play from what i could see - so not what happened there.
Very physical game - Sandgate certainly cannot come up from that - but if they do they need to get rid of the coach - he is an absolute passanger and surely someone in there 2's is better then him. I will see today at there 2's game i suppose.

Gf preview

Hope everyone enjoys the grand final preview Noosa palmy this weekend. I said it weeks ago and still am confident these 2 sides will meet in the GF..Grange gone as predicted, Sandgate will be next if long continues to play.
Noosa to just beat palmy and palmy to beat maggies in prelim.

you are kidding right?

hang on, there were thirds on the day you played, so you only had half the normal away shed.

you are kidding right?

hang on, there were thirds on the day you played, so you only had half the normal away shed.
Nah they opened up the back so we had the whole thing. They're good, but I'd put them on a par with Grange (with the exception that your hot water works!)

"Not that flash" was probably a bit dismissive, they'd be in the top half but aren't in the same stratosphere as Surfers. They are bigger than my house :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back