AFL Prospectus 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is in the Herald Sun shop currently, and will be out on the shelves of most other newsagents and bookshops in the coming weeks.

One point I'd like to raise (posting it here in the hope that perhaps it may be spotted by the team at Champion Data) is whether or not it would be possible to include a player's TAC Cup/U18 Championship statistics/averages even when they're in the AFL system. For example, Tom Hawkins' profile would not only include his stats from 2007-2008 at Geelong, but also his junior football statistics, so we can measure his rise/fall, and further highlighting strengths and weaknesses.

Also, one of the future, perhaps a table of stats for particular players and their performances against certain clubs/in certain conditions/on certain grounds?

I know both may be difficult to include/gather, but thought it was worth putting it up here. The book's certainly worth the money, that's for sure.:thumbsu:

honestly who would give a fat rats clacker about a guys U/18 stats once he's made the big leagues????

not only is it not projectable between the comps, if it were (which it isn't!!), the change in role and position alone makes it redundant.

dumb idea.

For example, Tom Hawkins' profile would not only include his stats from 2007-2008 at Geelong, but also his junior football statistics, so we can measure his rise/fall, and further highlighting strengths and weaknesses.
Actually your example showed while the concept is laudable, it isn't practical. Tom played very little TAC, sticking mainly to APS. Do we include stats from both comps? Do junior APS stats really mean anything? Do either comp even keep stats beyond games played and goals kicked?

Southbank.

I've bought it at KMart in previous years for about $15. I'd wait if I was you.

problem is that I've asked K-Mart and I've asked a number of book retailers and none have any idea when it will be available. It is meant to be out in a week according to the website....and when i spoke to champion data the guy said that he is expecting it out in bookstores next week.

But I know when i called bookstores it wasnt even in their database yet.

$22 at HS shop is pretty good considering if you bought it online and you take into account delivery it worked out near $40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually your example showed while the concept is laudable, it isn't practical. Tom played very little TAC, sticking mainly to APS. Do we include stats from both comps? Do junior APS stats really mean anything? Do either comp even keep stats beyond games played and goals kicked?

Champion Data watch the TAC and U18 Championships just as closely as the AFL, the new prospectus actually has the Official AFL Rankings/SC Points applied to the new draftees from the TAC Comp and the U18 Championships.

The underage stats are published for all new draftees, as long as you keep buying the prospectus, there is no need for what you are talking about J26.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Prospectus 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back