Game Day AFL R2 vs Gold Coast @ Metricon 5:40pm AWST 13 June 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a shocking performance, I can't remember worse for a decade or more, season there to be taken and we fumbled it to the 18th team, how bad was that. Only about six players that were any good, the rest were horrible. A big challenge for Simpson & Co, it is not a holiday.

Im very intolerant when a football club decides football runs second to other issues that it has no business getting involved in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

See, here's the thing mate.

Football is second to social issues.

Not only are the players, footballers, they are also humans too.

Just say it, it isn't that you think the club has any business getting involved in. You disagree with the statement itself.

we rely on crisp kicking that we cannot execute in such himidity and under constant pressure from generally faster harder working players. (thats most teams who will be watching)
Perhaps we could fiocus mote on hard nut footy and less on social issues and how happy our families are. Because if they keep that up some will not have job.
As for the umps - the team that goes in harder usually get the run of the green - because that is the spirit of the game.
This aint it.

The people that book player accomodation aren't the people the teach skills. Taking a knee pregame doesn't prevent you from a single second of game preparation.

Issues with the game don't need to be spun into "well maybe they should stop spending so long on their families/social lives/haircuts". We sucked tonight. Hoping to see your family at some point in the next month of your life, or taking a minute out of your life to kneel with your teammates don't influence that.

There is dew that impacts ball handling and the physiological impact of high humidity - notice we lacked energy?

So explain why we have such a good record against Brisbane, even at the Gabba?

It is the same for both teams. No excuses, cut the bullshit.

Im very intolerant when a football club decides football runs second to other issues that it has no business getting involved in.

Pretty remarkable that the entire game could have been changed by the one minute it took to show solidarity.

****, now I'm really annoyed. If the boys had just trained for one minute extra we would have pissed the Suns. Pathetic from Simmo.

Jesus Christ, everyone was woke this round. Why try and shoehorn that/give us an excuse for what was a terrible performance?

You could argue that Gold Coast woked their way to crushing us. But that would be ridiculous of course.

Jesus Christ son. It's one thing to be upset about the football result but another to try and equate our loss to taking a stand against social inequality. It's a pretty spurious correlation. I think you just don't like the cause...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t blame this loss on Simmo.
Look at what our Fwds dished up Jk,Jd,Ryan & Cripps they all struggled for 4 quarters.
Hurn,Jetta,Gov, Shep & Barrass we’re out of sorts big time.
Can see Bailey Williams coming into support Nic in the ruck next week & if Jk doesn’t find another gear move him to the goal square.
Can see Jake Waterman back in the fwd line as well.

Need a high possession wingman to play alongside Gaffy but Brander was ok , might lose his spot but might just play him for the season , could make him as an AFL player .
Agree, Brander was ok. They're was 8 or so players who were absolute shiite, so I'm very surprised to see Brander mentioned.
Was still running in the last quarter unlike most of them.

So its racist not to have a welcome to country now?

I would say that pinning the loss on the club doing a Welcome to Country is at best tone deaf and worst actively racist, yes.

The one minute it takes was not the difference between the win or the loss tonight. It did not cut into our preparation time in any way. Pinning it on a ceremony that takes half a second is very peculiar.

Reckon Suns have a lot of good young players and they were on tonight and were definitely used to those humid conditions. Night games in QLD is basically wet weather footy without the rain.
Was a very different week leading into the game for your guys, I wouldn't be worried. It was an off night and they'll adjust to their new lifestyle/routine over there.

So its racist not to have a welcome to country now?

Why would you not have one?

We have 6 Indigenous players on our list, showing that you understand the importance of Indigenous customs is important for us as a club, and I would say more broadly just as a society we should be doing them more anyway.

Most of this I agree with, but he did choose to put Allen against a 6' 10' giant and he was slaughtered, which was not his fault. Any of the three reserve ruckman would have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back