Preview AFL Rd 17 - Coll vs Carlton - Prematch Discussion, DaVe86's Preview post 138, Teams post 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT.

Well, next week the clash of the Round, the two heavyweights, Carlton v Collingwood, Saturday 2.10 at the MCG.

Collingwood, fresh from regaining top of the table with a 117 pt thumping of NM, and Carlton backing up from a surprise 27 pt loss to the improving Bulldogs, which followed on from their 103 point belting of Richmond.

For all prematch discussion here, we welcome Carlton posters here to give their thoughts, on selections, matchups etc and as usual we would ask for discussion from both sides of the house that focusses on the teams and match, rather than any personal crap.

If things do start to denigrate to the personal, please report it, rather than throw fuel onto the fire.

Thanks all. Swooop

Back to TD's OP

In: Ugle BJ ?

Out: Krakouer Daisy(Injured?) Buckley

Re: Changes vs Carlton RD 17 Carlton

In: BJ (let's not have too many young players by including ugle, save him for the suns game)
Out: Buckley

Krakouer to start as a sub :D

Daisy seemed to be ok when he was subbed off, was running well enough.
Hope he is not out as Carlton's strength is clearly their midfield and I want all our best mids playing.

Possible Buckley out, as has been mentioned he made a couple of errors that other players didn't. BJ in.

In- Didak, BJ

Out- Buckley, Krakouer

I would actually bring Didak back through the VFL as his Form this year has been Terrible

Re: AFL Round 17 - Collingwood vs Carlton - Prematch & Selection Discussion

krakouer had 21 possesions and laid 4 tackles where is the hate coming from?:confused:
j
ohnson would be the only change for Buckley.

Johnson
for
buckley

OUT: Buckley, Rounds
IN: Johnson, Didak

Harsh on Rounds, stitched up Harvey today. But unfortunately for him, I don't think Didak is the sort of player that comes back through the VFL after only a couple of weeks off. Wouldn't be opposed to giving Didak another week off though, it's not worth risking him if he is less than 100%.

Interesting how poor the Blues looked. They'll certainly be more pumped up for next week. Waite might miss which would be handy.

Us by plenty, isolate trav on hendohack

Bj for Buckley and maybe caff for fozzy if we want caffster back.

Still us by plenty, we are making a habit of humiliating pretenders and I for one am all for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Johnson
Out: Buckley

I would give Didak a run in the VFL first and bring him in for the Suns game. If Daisy is injured bring in McCarthy or Macaffer but apart from that the team gelled together really well today considering the match day conditions. Buckley's role in the team is basically the run-off half back which is the same one that Johnson regularly has, Johnson is probably favoured a lot more within the club and is overall a better player than Buckley.

anyone else thinking this could be a thrashing?

Yep, we re going to belt them.

I reckon no change.

I want to see more of Fasolo, Keefe and Rounds who were all good. Not a bad player on the ground.

Maybe we could rest players who are sore. Thomas could be rested.

Malthouse said in the press conference that Thomas was subbed at the request of Dr. Buttifant. It was going to be either him or Cloke. It makes me think the substitution was more to do with player management.

It'd suck to be in Buckley's situation at the moment, hasn't done anything wrong while BJ has been out. I know it's horses for courses, but omitting Buckley is a harsh call.

If Didak is recovered, he pobably should come straight back in.
A fit, in form Didak adds another level of polish and ability to the side and round 17 is time to bring him back to get him peaking for the finals.

BJ aswell. If MM believes he may have more to add than Buckley, then probably he should also come back now, to get fully back to speed.
BJ did look good in the VFL, he's ready assuming that they do still regard him as best 22.

Tough on whoever goes out...

I reckon Carlton will be very hard to beat next week - the loss today coupled with the need to try and hold/regain a spot in the top four.

As for changes I'd love to see the kids have another start, and no changes unless forced by injury.

I'd love to see Collingwood rub salt into Carlton's wounds next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back