Preview AFL Rd 7 - Collingwood v Brisbane - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone on the Collingwood board who says this is a danger game for you guys,please pass me some of the sweet sweet drugs you are consuming. This is the unloseable game for Collingwood,our skills are disgraceful and we have no gameplan. Ta tar

The voss effect.

Just looking at the emergencies of paine, ugle and yagmoor, it appears the club may be sending a message to more senior players like rounds and young that they need to pull their finger out. It is amazing how much rounds has fallen off the radar. You would think he is in serious danger of being delisted at end of season.

How has his vfl form been?

Yep from what I heard Thomas and Jolly are definitaly being rested for this one and brought back next Friday night for the Geelong game.

Overall pretty happy with the team for Saturday night.

Geez if Wood doesn't perform then the acid will definitaly be put on him.

Seedsman will more than likely start as the sub and then barring any injuries you would think Dids would be subbed off.

I think/ hope we line up something like this -

B - Toovey Keeffe Maxwell
HB - O'Brien Brown Shaw
C - Clarke Swan Sidebottom
HF - Blair Cloke Wellingham
F - Reid Dawes Didak
R - Wood Beams Pendlebury
INT - Goldsack Buckley Sinclair
SUB - Seedsman

I reckon give Reid another go up forward for the first half this week and see how it goes. Last week was his first game back from injury... This week will be a better gague.

Looking at the Brisbane team and it seems we might be able to afford to move Keefe forward this week.

Lachie, as we know is at his best on the resting ruck, or at least the very tall forwards, and Brisbane just don't have that.

They seem to favouring playing Merrett up forward (no idea why) and obviously some bloke named Brown is there too;), but outside of that they lack any other tall forward threats.

So if Reid takes Merrett, with help from Maxy, and Brown takes Brown, that leaves Keefe without a real matchup down back, and thus he should be tried forward.

I hate the idea of Reid up forward, absolutely hate it, he's the All Australian Centre Half Back and we are a 4-5 goal better side when Reid is at CHB compared to when he's not.

Lachie up forward this week please.:)

Looking at the Brisbane team and it seems we might be able to afford to move Keefe forward this week.

Lachie, as we know is at his best on the resting ruck, or at least the very tall forwards, and Brisbane just don't have that.

They seem to favouring playing Merrett up forward (no idea why) and obviously some bloke named Brown is there too;), but outside of that they lack any other tall forward threats.

So if Reid takes Merrett, with help from Maxy, and Brown takes Brown, that leaves Keefe without a real matchup down back, and thus he should be tried forward.

I hate the idea of Reid up forward, absolutely hate it, he's the All Australian Centre Half Back and we are a 4-5 goal better side when Reid is at CHB compared to when he's not.

After seeing the Brisbane side, do u think Keefe may be sub as he has no real match up. Possibly even a late out? It would be harsh on him but may be best for team balance. Would also give him a break as he has played every game this year with a lot of game time as well.

After seeing the Brisbane side, do u think Keefe may be sub as he has no real match up. Possibly even a late out? It would be harsh on him but may be best for team balance. Would also give him a break as he has played every game this year with a lot of game time as well.

Stick Keeffe in the forward line to stretch Brisbane's defence. He looked fine when he went forward last game, so try it again. Better than pushing Reid forward again or dropping Keeffe.

If we had a decent emergency to replace Keefe I'd say we would consider it, but with only Yagz, Paine and Ugle as subs, unless someone is injured/ill late leading into this game, we won't make a change.

I don't mind the sub option, we could use Seedsman for 2 1/2 quarters then bring Lachie on up forward.

I think Keefe will start forward though, or at least I hope he does.

No chance

Didak or Seedsman will be sub

Its Brisbane that will have to think of matchups for Collingwood, not the other way around. Hope they continue to experiment with BOTH Reid and Keeffe up forward at times.

We can always sub Keeffe/Dawes/Reid/Brown off if we wish. Especially Brown who could probably use a bit of a break

If 4 to 5 posters agree with me then I feel like I am raising an issue of concern for at least a few of us here. You could just skip my post and one or two others and move on to the important thoughts of ins and outs. Besides, we have at least established that 7 has done little to use this privilege to their own advantage and none of us are actually watching 7 news for the teams.
I'm with you on this one MMD, Why would they want exclusivity then not even use it??? If they wanted to be first and have people tune in then at least show the f-ing teams

I kinda agree but that makes me nervous. He was going so well at full back in the VFL last year then came in the 1's as a forward when Dawes got hurt and lost the plot and all confidence. I love the security of Reid at CHB but Keefe hasn't put a foot wrong and deserves the gig. Tough one but who would have thought 2 months ago that he'd have put Reid out of a job?

I'm with you on this one MMD, Why would they want exclusivity then not even use it??? If they wanted to be first and have people tune in then at least show the f-ing teams

Thak you speedytiger for your support. Just seems stupid that ch7 have exclusive first right to the teams but can't even give the ins and outs. You would think they would use the opportuinity to get people watching to hook them for the following programs.

Instead, most people don't even bother watching their sports report anymore. The fact that we are delayed an hour and a half from receiving the teams is irritating in the circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of you guys leaving Keeffe behind for us when you head home?

He looks to be developing really well, although I agree that there might not be a match-up for him in defence tomorrow night.

Theres no way didak will be sub... at least i hope

Didak with confidence = AA Star

Didak without confidence = err :(

His gonna lose confidence if we make him sub, and struggle to gain any at all during the short time he has on the ground... using him as a sub last year did NOT work at all. Please seedsmen or blair sub

I was just at the training session at the Gabba. Keefe trained with Dawes, Cloke and Goldsack. Maybe he will play forward tomorrow night??
Yagmoor was out there, so he could be a late change?? Didn't see Paine or Ugle though. Looked sharp, Steele with the play of the day. A low ball drilled in front of him, he stuck a boot out, chipped it into his hands, and snapped a goal. Looked pretty pleased about it too.

I expect Wood to have a good game against a very young and undersized ruckman and his old club, i have a little bit of hope left for wood but if he can't play well tonight all will be lost for me.

There any chance that Keefe could play a part time forward/ruck swingman thing with him and Reidy rotating out of the backline? I'm just spit balling, but surely he'd do at least as well as Dawes and let Dawes focus on doing his own thing.

There any chance that Keefe could play a part time forward/ruck swingman thing with him and Reidy rotating out of the backline? I'm just spit balling, but surely he'd do at least as well as Dawes and let Dawes focus on doing his own thing.
You'd think this would be the best game to do it for, as the only ruckman listed is Billy Longer so it would be a perfect match for them to try him out there.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 7 - Collingwood v Brisbane - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back