Game Day AFL Round 16 - Matchday Discussion Essendon@Collingwood (MCG – 2:10PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart to kick 3.
After Jake Kelly was in the best players last night against the reigining premiers.

Well done Derek, great recruiting there, could have had both really cheap.

As for today, we are betting favs, no idea how, I wouldn't be putting a cent on us if I was betting on footy anymore (ugly game that comes down to the last 15 minutes, don't bet on it ever).

I fail to see how we can score enough to beat Essendon.

Darcy Moore is the big out and we are now relying on Cox and Reid (who apparently cant play forward as he's never been trained there).

Pray it rains, probably our only chance to win this because if there's one area we are better then Essendon, it's in clearances and hard ball gets. The uglier the game the better.

We do ugly well.

All about player development now. Key ones to watch are De Goey and how he responds from his career best last week, as well as how Jamie responds to the opposite.

Bombers have been found out. Man them up around the ground and their ball usage goes through the floor. Should be interesting to see if Buckley goes with the proven system for winning Vs. the Dons given it runs counter to what we like to do with the loose in defense.

My bets on he sticks to his horses and we get done by a team who got steamrolled by Brisbane last week.

Dons by 26

We'll make them look like a top 8 team. Bombres by 6 goals +.

I'm actually looking forward tot he game this afternoon, nothing better than Saturday arvo footy at the G.
Will watch with interest how the boys respond after last weeks effort, I think it will be an all out attacking game plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The midfield is the difference - their midfield is possibly the worst in the competition and we have huge inside stocks. This is where Adams and Treloar come in and really need to play a big game.

Our bottom tier as usual will be trash and let the top tier down with their usual garbage - Broomhead, Smith, Thomas, Langdon, maybe Cox, maybe Fasolo, maybe Reid, Hoskin-Elliott and likely Sidebottom

Bombers by 25 points

If we lose will everyone really be upset?
We havent had a proper rebuild as we have finished 10th or 11th hasnt allowed us to get whoever we have wanted. If we keep winning we are going to finish at the same spot around 11th.

Our season has been on the line for the last two weeks,and the players haven't basically turned up for both matches.So it's hard to see them bothering to make an effort today,unless they're trolling us.

I'm feeling naively optimistic today.

Not expecting much at all is the best way to deal with mediocrity. I hope we win, I think we're capable of doing so, whether we show that capability or not is a different story.

Show some fight today boys, that's all I ask.

On my way to the ground now. We cant to afford to win games now. We need a pick certain to land Sutherland and we need Bucks gone.
Sorry don't get the losing and why supporters would want our own to lose.

Sorry don't get the losing and why supporters would want our own to lose.

On that note, a 5 goal win will move us past Essendon who are currently in eleventh.

I dont want us to finish bottom four. I want the team to fight this seaoson out till the bitter end.. We can move up five spots this weekend if results fall our way.

Jeez harden up ladies, you pay for the premierships with tough times, lets not be all Richmond about it. Show some class, Pies by plenty.

On that note, a 5 goal win will move us past Essendon who are currently in eleventh.

I dont want us to finish bottom four. I want the team to fight this seaoson out till the bitter end.. We can move up five spots this weekend if results fall our way.
Agree!
Winning breeds winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back