AFL Round 2 Brisbane Lions V Collingwood Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Hart is correct :thumbsu:

Top class forwards: Brown, Pavlich, Franklin, Reiwoldt

Above ave. forwards: Lucas, Lloyd, Fevola, Hall, Richardson, Tredrea

Average forwards: Rocca, Mooney, Q.Lynch, Gehrig, Neitz

This post is left open to a million other posts.

IMO its pretty good.

I want to see Shermo play on a forward flank ripping down the wing and terrorising opposition players around the forward 50. In my dreams <3.

We seem to be having the same dream.

Did Shermo look oddly like Scarlett Johannsen in your version?

I've heard there may be showers forecast for Friday, what are the actual chances of rain that day?

Hopefully there wont be any as i'm not sitting under cover.

Looks like a good chance :(

I'm out in the open too.

No chance of rain *

*(Poster does not represent the opinions of Bureau of Meteorology staff)

I am still waiting for the rain we were supposed to get today. (and yeah it better not....another in the open.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you lot expect Brennan to play forward or back? And if he plays forward, who would pick up Collingwood's third tall forward?

Put him on a wing, tie one arm behind his back point him in the direction of our goals and tell just tell him the whole field except for no mans land is his.
Who will be picking up the 3rd tall? Mills if he is selected.

Do you lot expect Brennan to play forward or back? And if he plays forward, who would pick up Collingwood's third tall forward?

The current plan for Brennan is to play him in the midfield and have stints up forward.

Last week the 3rd tall defender was Joel Macdonald. I disagree with Fred and think Mills is unlikely to come in (as a defender). I think Hendo is more likely, but I'm betting they'll stick with the slightly undersized group from last week.

The current plan for Brennan is to play him in the midfield and have stints up forward.

Last week the 3rd tall defender was Joel Macdonald. I disagree with Fred and think Mills is unlikely to come in (as a defender). I think Hendo is more likely, but I'm betting they'll stick with the slightly undersized group from last week.

If Macdonald was your third tall, you'd think Collingwood will certainly play Reid (195cm) and/or plant Fraser or Wood in a pocket. That's a lot of cms to give way, though I suppose you could pull Brennan or Bradshaw back if you had to.

If Macdonald was your third tall, you'd think Collingwood will certainly play Reid (195cm) and/or plant Fraser or Wood in a pocket. That's a lot of cms to give way, though I suppose you could pull Brennan or Bradshaw back if you had to.

That's the gamble. Do you bring in an extra tall to get the height advantage or do you bring in an extra runner? I think Leigh recognises there is a bit of a vulnerability with an undersized defence, but he is aware of the trade off, and will be hoping we are better at ground level and have the legs in the last quarter.

By the way I read an interesting article in the Australian about Collingwood's use of the interchange bench. Leigh has been criticised for not using enough rotations, and has indicated he needs to rotate players more. It seems Collingwood have got the jump on this one, so hopefully Fletcher will help with a bit of inside info. Last week we were hampered by a few injuries, so this week will give us a better idea of where we're at.

That's the gamble. Do you bring in an extra tall to get the height advantage or do you bring in an extra runner? I think Leigh recognises there is a bit of a vulnerability with an undersized defence, but he is aware of the trade off, and will be hoping we are better at ground level and have the legs in the last quarter.

By the way I read an interesting article in the Australian about Collingwood's use of the interchange bench. Leigh has been criticised for not using enough rotations, and has indicated he needs to rotate players more. It seems Collingwood have got the jump on this one, so hopefully Fletcher will help with a bit of inside info. Last week we were hampered by a few injuries, so this week will give us a better idea of where we're at.

I read a while ago that Craig Lambert is in charge of our rotations on match-day... I hope to see our numbers increase this round.

Please do not insult your fellow BF posters with crap like this, Rocca would not have played more than 5 mins in either the ruck or CHB in his career :thumbsdown:.....we do actually watch games :rolleyes:

He plays FF b/c he has the aerobic capacity of an echidna

what was it, something about insulting bf posters... you do realise footy existed before 2008? the fact you think rocca hasn't played more than 5mins at ruck or chb tells me that you havent actually watched games.

just on the game, i hope there is rain. love that old school style slug out. good luck to both teams, hoping for a close game, no injuries and a collingwood win.

cheers.

what was it, something about insulting bf posters... you do realise footy existed before 2008? the fact you think rocca hasn't played more than 5mins at ruck or chb tells me that you havent actually watched games.

just on the game, i hope there is rain. love that old school style slug out. good luck to both teams, hoping for a close game, no injuries and a collingwood win.

cheers.

Rocca playing in the ruck/chb is like me saying Jono Brown played midfield earlier in his career just because he had 3 or 4 stints there a few years back....mind you he did have 29 possessions and a few goals against Freo from memory :thumbsu:.

I wasn't confident against the WC, not at all, but I haven't been so sure of a Brisbane win over the Pies since the 2003 Grand Final; that day I had my "Game Over" sign out at the 27 min mark of the 2nd qtr when Blacky send one through from 50 :D

Ahhhhhhhh those we're the days :)

Brisbane

Im getting excited, this time tommorow i will be getting ready to attend my first game in almost 4 years. The last match i made it to was when Jarred Brennan play his first game...Easter 03 i think:confused:.

Friday, March 28, 2008
BRISBANE V COLLINGWOOD
Gabba @ 08:40pm

BRISBANE
B: Josh Drummond, Daniel Merrett, Joel Macdonald
HB: Anthony Corrie, Joel Patfull, Colm Begley
C: Tim Notting, Jed Adcock, Travis Johnstone
HF: Luke Power, Jonathan Brown, Nigel Lappin
F: Daniel Bradshaw, Jared Brennan, Rhan Hooper
Foll: Jamie Charman, Simon Black, Michael Rischitelli
Int: Lachlan Henderson, Matthew Leuenberger, Albert Proud, Justin Sherman
Emg: Troy Selwood, Cheynee Stiller, Scott Harding

In: Proud, Sherman, Henderson
Out: Robert Copeland (ankle), Troy Selwood, Cheynee Stiller (omitted)
New: Lachlan Henderson (Geelong Falcons. 2007 NAB AFL Draft No. 8)

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23440642-19742,00.html

Shermo back is great news, Good luck to Hendo in his first Senior match.

I'm a little surprised to see Stiller dropped. I am a fan of his and thought his ability to run could have been very valuable coming of such a gruelling match and a short week.

Great to see Henderson, Sherman and Proud play though, I am excited to these guys go in "the real stuff".

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 2 Brisbane Lions V Collingwood Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back