Preview AFL Round 21 - Geelong v St Kilda, Etihad Stadium, 7:50PM Friday 17 August

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah same, that's what happened to Gamble. Tommy is a vastly superior player though, and been in form much longer than Gamble ever was so hopefully no issue.

Gamble just wasn't prepared to work hard enough and refused to play the percentages on the ground. I still remember that Richmond game when all he did was fly for screamers. He had real talent but not enough application. Hawkins is in a different league now.

Fisher on Hawkins would be a massive win for us. First because I don't think he can consistently beat Hawkins although he is probably the best option they have and second because to break even he would have to lock down which starves them of Fisher's creativity. If Hawkins is truly ok and maintains the form he had going into last week he could be in for a huge game.

Fisher has defeated Jono Brown, Adam Goodes just to name couple in last month. If you've watched StKilda all year you'd know Sam Fisher is no longer our key playmaker out of defence, thats been Sean Dempster. He's been playing loose man, and is ranked top 3 for intercept marks in AFL this year.

Blake & Stanley will not both come in, it will be one or the other and it wont be Stanley.

Blake I think. Maybe Fisher. But yeah neither of those can adequately handle him I reckon.

Fisher has gone 'back to school' this season.

Pretty handy one on one defender these days, purely out of neccessity as we don't have another guy to play full back, played a very accountable game in recent months.

While it's usually Dempster playing loose, I'm thinking this week may see Goddard moved back for that role, as Sean may be required for Johnson.

Fisher has defeated Jono Brown, Adam Goodes just to name couple in last month. If you've watched StKilda all year you'd know Sam Fisher is no longer our key playmaker out of defence, thats been Sean Dempster. He's been playing loose man, and is ranked top 3 for intercept marks in AFL this year.

Blake & Stanley will not both come in, it will be one or the other and it wont be Stanley.
I'll bow to your more detailed knowledge. I'll look forward to the contest then. I rate Fisher very highly but tbh Hawkins is in such a rich vein of form I'm not sure anyone can shut him down one out atm.

I'll bow to your more detailed knowledge. I'll look forward to the contest then. I rate Fisher very highly but tbh Hawkins is in such a rich vein of form I'm not sure anyone can shut him down one out atm.
This is basically what I was thinking. As much as I really rate Fisher as long as Hawk isn't rattled by the knock he got last week and maintains his form he is pretty much unstoppable especially when it comes to smaller framed opponents.

This is basically what I was thinking. As much as I really rate Fisher as long as Hawk isn't rattled by the knock he got last week and maintains his form he is pretty much unstoppable especially when it comes to smaller framed opponents.
Agreed. Would have destroyed us if he stayed on the park. Was looking very ominous in that first quarter...

Corey Chapman Hunt Kelly West all in

Out: Sheringham Orren (inj) Bundy (inj) Guthrie Wojo

Bundy big blow, needs continuity.

Obviously they want to have another look at Simpkin before decision time, but surprised Guthrie was dropped.

Wojo out while Murdoch stays in is not a good sign for him.

Good to have the guns back.

St K v Geel; Blake, Schneider, Ray in for Riewoldt, Ledger, Dunell

All settled now.

Bring it on :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No excuses with all those big names back, but Bundy out hurts. Guthrie is a bit unlucky again.

Bundy does hurt, but at least we have more midfield strength with Corey and Kelly back. Bundy's had an interrupted year and we need to get him right for finals.

Guthrie is unlucky everytime he's dropped, but it's hard to find a spot for him.

Mackie has played every game this year. Do you reckon they might rest him?
So maybe two late changes
Mackie Chapman out
Guthrie Wojo in

Not in a game of this importance, no way.

Mackie will get his rest next week.

524475_490726844290463_486721500_n.jpg

Nobody ever gonna keep him down.

Mackie has played every game this year. Do you reckon they might rest him?
So maybe two late changes
Mackie Chapman out
Guthrie Wojo in

I don't think so he reads the play pretty well and doesn't waste a lot of energy in games,he's looked as fresh as any of them the last couple of weeks.

Got the changes spot on, I thought Guthrie was very poor last week (suprised others think he was unlucky) and Simpkin and Murdoch deserved another go.

Christensen has had a very frustrating season. Little niggles have impeded his progress all year.

Got the changes spot on, I thought Guthrie was very poor last week (suprised others think he was unlucky) and Simpkin and Murdoch deserved another go.

Christensen has had a very frustrating season. Little niggles have impeded his progress all year.

I didn't think Guthrie had a great game last week, but he's unlucky to go out instead of guys like Motlop and Walker based purely on form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back