Preview AFL Round 22 - Geelong v West Coast, Skilled Stadium, Saturday 28 August 1:10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Geelong v. West Coast

All forwards should be passing to Mooney at every opportunity this week.
Absolutely. He should be getting as many shots as possible. Even though as a rubber this is about as dead as it gets, its still match conditions; hopefully get his confidence up for next week.

Ottens in for Pods.
Ling in for Menzel
Mackie in for J. Hunt
I don't see any room for Lonners this week unless they swap him for T. Hunt, which means we lose pace.
Looking ahead, as much as I like Lonners, I don't see who he can displace. Milburn/Mackie/J. Hunt/Enright? Nope.
J Hunt and Wojo take Schneider/Milne-Davis/whoever in a final. Mackie/Milburn/Scarlo and Taylor rotate on the talls.

I think the team is settled.
The only way Blake plays is if there is an injury/dramatic loss of form to Pods/Hawkins/Ottens or Mooney.
Pods is in. Hawkins is in. Lonners is out barring a KPF injury.
The next player out would be Byrnes but bomber has conceded that it's all about pace now, particularly against Collingwood/Bulldogs.

Agree on Pods and Hawkins/Blake fighting for the other spot.

Don't see Bomber dropping Lonners for T Hunt for the finals though.

We just seemed more energised the past 2 weeks, with Menzel and T. Hunt in the team. Hunt is an absolute ripper! Very composed.

He is. I like Wojo MKII.

But for Saturday it will be:
Out: Pods (susp), J Hunt (susp), T Hunt, Menzel
In: Ottens, Ling, Mackie, Lonergan

Lonergan is the interesting one for me. Will they bring him in to play the second tall in defence, and maybe an option to throw forward as well. Not my ideal as I think he'll slow us down, especially as Byrnes or Stokes will have to make way for him if everyone else is fit.

Sorry, but Lonergan isn't the second tall. If he plays (which I hope not), he's the third tall. We do have two guys called Scarlett and Taylor ahead of him.

He is. I like Wojo MKII.

But for Saturday it will be:
Out: Pods (susp), J Hunt (susp), T Hunt, Menzel
In: Ottens, Ling, Mackie, Lonergan

I can't see any reason why Lonergan has to be recalled. Our backline has looked sensational the last fortnight and a hell of a lot quicker.

I'd go with this:

Out: Pods, J Hunt, Menzel
In: Ottens, Ling, Mackie

I can't see any reason why Lonergan has to be recalled. Our backline has looked sensational the last fortnight and a hell of a lot quicker.

I'd go with this:

Out: Pods, J Hunt, Menzel
In: Ottens, Ling, Mackie

I agree, but I think Lonners will play for some reason.
If Lonergan is named for Saturday's game then it's fair to say that he is seen by the MC as best 22.

I agree, but I think Lonners will play for some reason.
If Lonergan is named for Saturday's game then it's fair to say that he is seen by the MC as best 22.

Not necessarily.

They will make the four changes that I pointed out, so Lonners will efffectively replace one of the two kids.

It has been overlooked while we've all been busy with the Pods MRP stuff, but Blake replacing Pods while he's out still doesn't open up an extra spot for Lonners, so for him to play in the QF (as Hunt will be back that week) he will have to replace a senior player, which I can't see happening (except maybe Byrnes). Thursday week will be very interesting.

What's the deal with Harry?

He's missed two matches now which is what he was expected to miss, but I haven't heard him mentioned as a possible inclusion this week.

I'd like him to have a game under his belt going into the finals...

He, or some guy who looked a lot like him, played against the Blues on the weekend.

Best you stop shotgunning VB's before the game.:)

He, or some guy who looked a lot like him, played against the Blues on the weekend.

Whoops, how embarrassing!

Just ignore me.

With that in mind, selection tomorrow will be interesting. You would expect Lonergan in for Hunt, but Hunt's a certain starter for the QF. Unless we get an injury on the weekend, someone from the backline will have to be omitted next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit off topic here..
I'm from out of town and was considering coming to watch the last home and away game in Geelong. I looked for some tickets and found that there is no guarantee you will have seating. Could some of you regulars explain how this works? Cheers!

A bit off topic here..
I'm from out of town and was considering coming to watch the last home and away game in Geelong. I looked for some tickets and found that there is no guarantee you will have seating. Could some of you regulars explain how this works? Cheers!

Get to the ground and buy a ticket for the outer, that's where the atmosphere is anyway:)

That's what I was thinking - or giving up the VB shooters myself.

I was at the game and I was sure he was out there. Feeling a little better now that we have that sorted !

Get to the ground and buy a ticket for the outer, that's where the atmosphere is anyway:)

OK great! Hopefully it doesn't sell out, as it's a fair hike for me! ha ha. So the stand is called the 'Outer' stand? Sorry, this is all pretty new to me! Just keen to see the best team of all time at least once this year!!
Thanks for your help.

OK great! Hopefully it doesn't sell out, as it's a fair hike for me! ha ha. So the stand is called the 'Outer' stand? Sorry, this is all pretty new to me! Just keen to see the best team of all time at least once this year!!
Thanks for your help.

It's called standing room behind the goals in the Ablett terrace...get there early as it goes reasonably quick. I'll give you a tip if you're having trouble finding the standing room area, it's right near where the video screen is so look for that.

Yeah Lonners will be back this week - it's in all the papers this morning. Got a sneaky feeling they're going to want him to help out with Kosi and Riewoldt the week after.

This week is easy with Hunt suspended.

I agree they're going to want him in for the Saints tall forwards, the problem is to do that they have to drop either Byrnes or Stokes next week.

Cheers mate, I was actually after seating though. Is this available to the 'public'?

There's a few GA seats in ablett terrace but you have to get there at gate opening time to get them. Other than that, it's pretty much standing. Or you could try ticketmaster on friday morning, as some weeks members release their seats back (if they're not going to use them).

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Round 22 - Geelong v West Coast, Skilled Stadium, Saturday 28 August 1:10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back