Game Day AFL Round 22 - Matchday Discussion Geelong@Collingwood (MCG – 2:10PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol we are winning the frees we cant complain.

11-8

If you think the free kick count alone is a measure of umpiring performance, you have a few things to learn.

11-8
Are you actually watching the game or just quoting a stats sheet?

-Dangerfield duck, high tackle - goal
-Imaginary holding free, kick forward - goal
-Taylor ragdolls Dunn, drops the ball and that's somehow a mark - goal
-Henderson clearly takes on the tackle, drops the ball right in front of our goal - play on

That's ignoring the countless other HTBs that have been ignored in their favour.

We have every right to complain, it's been ****ing shithouse.

Tackled our backsides off that half. On track for over 100.

Blair, Aish, Broomhead, Howe, Thomas, Dunn all with 6 possessions or less. Can't carry that many players.

Dunn is a FB.
Howe is just being targeted hence the output lower than normal.

The others are all half forwards or mids.
That's not good enough.

Even though scats were clear favourites going into this game, is it fair to say we are getting rooted by the umps?

11-8
Umps are being cute and padding the sheet by paying frees when we already have the ball streaming away. There was one in the first where the ump looked sideways, seen we had the footy and paid us a free for in the back; we'd already had a couple of handballs the call was that late.

-Henderson clearly takes on the tackle, drops the ball right in front of our goal - play on

That's ignoring the countless HTBs that have been ignored in their favour.

We have every right to complain, it's been ******* shithouse.

Not to mention the 15 throws they've let go.

Sorry brother. Come see me in two weeks though I'll be loaded. I mean I'm talking about the weeds that keep growing in my backyard... What a ******* pain! (The backyard of an apartment building is so hard to maintain)

Hey, at least I have Manchester United to look forward to tonight.

COME ON RED DEVILS. Collingwood Who?

Oh wait, we're still winning.

Man i got a scary feeling you guys are going to wall the league.

Chelsea look depleted and feel there's issues with Conte and the board..

Liverpool are always shit.

Arsenal's defence not good enough.

City will be City and have 0 passion like always.

Tottenham.. Well, well see how they fare against a terrible Chelsea.

That's ignoring the countless other HTBs that have been ignored in their favour.

We have every right to complain, it's been ******* shithouse.
I am watching the game, everyone in here is just fired up because collingwood are playing - understandable. Yes a few have been missed but im sure both ways as well.

Anyway hopefully we play better in the 3rd. Come on pies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cause that's Buckley's signature game plan, kick to kick, side to side, back and fourth.

To be honest, we are closer than I thought we would be missing 8 of our starting 18.
However still frustrating to watch at times.
Definitely a few dubious frees in that qtr.

We were up by almost 30 points to start the 2nd quarter then semi change our game plan to keeping's off deny rather then continue to attack.

We have been doing it alot last few weeks like they go we are in front oh shit panic lets just try keep our lead not add to it just try stop them having teh ball hur dur.

I say semi because we still played a switch and deny style in the first but we are pulling the trigger more to enter attacking 50, that 2nd quarter we just shut up shop completely didn't even look to attack was simply trying to limit geelong the ball and eventually they score.

****ing idiotic game plan in that 2nd quarter or really really poor execution of the first quarter tactics.

We refuse to even go to a 50/50 inside 50 on a lot of occasions in that 2nd quarter.

Bucks trying to bore us all to death or what....

Wish we would stop kicking the ball to Blair on a lead in the forward line. So often it leads to a turn-over and goal. Smith has cost us 2 goals so far aswell. For a soft player he doesn't have the skills. Apart from the top effort all around. WHE looks close to a break out performance.

Reading this thread you would reckon we were losing. A really good half of footy when you consider all the players out. Shaz continues to improve. Daicos can handle the pace of the game. Cox best big man on the ground. Keep going Pies. Don't let it blow out

As Buckley would say shared experience is important. For us that experience has at times been gained in the twos. Cox's 2 goals were delivered to him by Daicos and Broomhead both of whom would know his leading ability from the VFL. Good to see it translating to the next level.

Agree with loki.

Sure- there's stages in games when you take the sting out and get a breather but the switch of play from one wing to another whereby the result is a boundary throw in on the opposite side or a turnover- as opposed to going to a 50/50 inside 50 is just mind blowing stupidity.
This is clearly a coaching box instruction- and highlights why many think Nathan is not the man for us and raises doubts over his ability to coach.

Reading this thread you would reckon we were losing. A really good half of footy when you consider all the players out. Shaz continues to improve. Daicos can handle the pace of the game. Cox best big man on the ground. Keep going Pies. Don't let it blow out

Most are rightly cracking it over the umpiring. Which has been atrocious thus far.

Very disappointing. It's so typical of us though. Yeah the free and goal to Danger, and the questionable mark and goal to Taylor prove costly, but what about Smith across goal to Phillips that lead to the Bews goal? We're our own worst enemy and when the umpiring seems against us it only adds to the problem.

Man i got a scary feeling you guys are going to wall the league.

Chelsea look depleted and feel there's issues with Conte and the board..

Liverpool are always shit.

Arsenal's defence not good enough.

City will be City and have 0 passion like always.

Tottenham.. Well, well see how they fare against a terrible Chelsea.

Lets just say I think Chelsea won't have a good seasono.

We were up by almost 30 points to start the 2nd quarter then semi change our game plan to keeping's off deny rather then continue to attack.

We have been doing it alot last few weeks like they go we are in front oh shit panic lets just try keep our lead not add to it just try stop them having teh ball hur dur.

I say semi because we still played a switch and deny style in the first but we are pulling the trigger more to enter attacking 50, that 2nd quarter we just shut up shop completely didn't even look to attack was simply tring to limit geelong the ball and eventually they score.

******* idiotic game plan in that 2nd quarter or really reslly poor execution of the first quarter tactics.

We refuse to even go to a 50/50 inside 50 on a lot of occasions in that 2nd quarter.

Bucks trying to bore us all to death or what....
Think it was more about Geelong tightening up. They gave us a lot of latitude in the 1st and we took advantage. They closed us down, didn't push as hard forward so we didn't have space out the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back