Preview AFL Round 3 - Geelong v Carlton, Etihad Stadium, 7:40PM Saturday 13 April

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we decide to play a spare defender this week, I hope we put Bartel there and have Corey in the guts from the get-go. Wouldn't mind Corey or Duncan running with Judd just quietly, and have T.Hunt keep Murphy company for the evening too.

Duncan played as a stand-off tag on Judd last season, and Judd got right on his seasons average 25 disposals.
Most clubs send their first tagger to Murphy.

Duncan played as a stand-off tag on Judd last season, and Judd got right on his seasons average 25 disposals.
Most clubs send their first tagger to Murphy.

Judd is a danger to be honest.
What I have seen from him in the first few games he just looks like he is starting to power up for the season - looked bloody dangerous in that last term yesterday when the game was on the line!!

Funny how he has gone from best mid in the comp to under-rated

Firstly - Holy crap, 45,000 posts - thats epic!! Lol
There is only so many times you can watch this.

4.jpeg

I'm not worried about their small forwards at all.
The only reason Thomas got off the leash was due to our backs worrying about the Nth talls and losing structure. It wont happen this week.

Also, watch when the ball is in their forward line. 3-4 of Varcoe, Motlop, Caddy, Duncan, Smedts will be harassing and congregating in the corridor waiting for the ball to come free.

And then the afterburners get flicked on as we travel up the guts.
They are going to have a hell of a time stopping it.

I've honestly never seen a quicker Geelong team.

No, it's not fully ticketed. But you might want to get there reasonably early to get decent seats in the general admission areas.

Dislike. :thumbsdown: I'd rather pay the $5 for a level 3 standard seat and be able to have drinks pre-match, than having to get there a friggin hour or so before the bounce.

Don't think Brown will play, Carlton doesn't have a big forward line.

Real worried about the ruck.

Is the AFL site wrong? cos Blicavs got a grand total of 4 hitouts, seriously 4

I think Thurlow might be a small chance to play

46$ for a reserved seat on level 3 sucks..
I booked last week and there was only about 6 bays left.
Don't leave it to the last minute.

The prices at Etihad are indeed shite. I think it's about $18 for level one at the G, compared to $35 at Etihad. (Club member prices tho)

$46 surely is not on top of your membership tho?!?! Is that like a regular "full" ticket.

Dislike. :thumbsdown: I'd rather pay the $5 for a level 3 standard seat and be able to have drinks pre-match, than having to get there a friggin hour or so before the bounce.
Agree, it doesn't seem fair that as a member you just get ordinary general admission seats, the worst ones in the stadium, and have to get there an hour early to secure the seats. It would be good if club members had some sort of priority or privileges for being loyal members.

Is the AFL site wrong? cos Blicavs got a grand total of 4 hitouts, seriously 4
Yes Sir. He got monstered but that's OK. It's about making a contest and you could see our boys just started roving to Goldstein.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The prices at Etihad are indeed shite. I think it's about $18 for level one at the G, compared to $35 at Etihad. (Club member prices tho)

$46 surely is not on top of your membership tho?!?! Is that like a regular "full" ticket.

regular ticket.

Yes Sir. He got monstered but that's OK. It's about making a contest and you could see our boys just started roving to Goldstein.
No he didn't.
There were times there where he knew he was either out of step or position. And he chose not to jump.
And then made a significant impact at ground level. Either through tackling or handballs out.

4 Contested possession
3 tackles

It's a small sample sure. But it doesnt show if he made Nth Rucks choose a different route to get the tap out.
Which is an effective play in my mind as it doesnt go where they want it.

Should be a close game but the cats bigger bodies will be telling in the 2nd half. Carlton are also terrible at ghad and i am expecting another loss.

Re the continual selection squeeze it will only get worse.

The balance is not quite right and if Hunt or Guthrie were fit I think one of them would be in the side.

Corey in the backline doesn't work and I'll spew up if I see Varcoe, Motlop or Chapman give away a reckless free in the D50 again.

Just a reminder to you guys that the game is not fully ticketed but the club is encouraging people to pre-book prior to Saturday to guarantee entry on the night, apparently the club are predicting a crowd of close to 50,000 and with most of level 3 being GA could come close

Massive danger game. Carlton of late have a pretty decent record against us, and I truly dont think they are as bad as their winless season suggests. Whatever happens, we cant have a slow start again, which is stating the obvious really.

In Rivers Out Brown

Pretty confident about this one -Carltons form is ok but Geelongs is better. Using Hawthorn as a barometer for form -after watching Hawthorn basically just totally outclassing West Coast -made the Eagles look 2nd rate -yet in the 2nd half Geelong made Hawthorn look very ordinary -and Hawthorn are a top team

Chris Scott is as street smart as you can get -there will be a massive emphasis placed this week on starting well right from the opening bounce -if thats the case -bye bye the Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back