Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v North Melbourne, Simonds Stadium, 3:20PM Sunday 26 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hansen still recovering from bilateral hip surgery 2014. First game VFL today.
Grima back surgery early season 2015.

Might be last-man-standing for both sides by the look.

Cheers for that. Yeah you're right I think. Looks like it will be wet too, so its going to be a tight contest I think..

I have thought that for a while to be honest. Hmac's book was closed after the finals and our recruitment , although it wouldn't have totally surprised if he had got one last go. Simpson was rightly given first go but at 25 , any fair assessment would say he is just about as good as he is going to get. So we move on.

If they had played Kolo this week it would have been more a head tilt towards the future , but the balance and and experience of the side probably called for Rivers. Shame in a way id rather lose being focused on future , that appear to be desperately clawing to relevance in 2015. So if we win..it was correct, if we lose anyway , it will be almost a signal that with a 1/3 record and 3 home games done that its time...and kolo will be in sometime between game 5-8 and Rivers will be used closer to the Hmac role.

There was an article a little while ago saying the club was looking at extending hamish's contract for next year. I think they are just trying to make sure there is a ruckman fit at the end of the year. Clearly we may not make the finals which won't be the end of the world. But if we do the mc wants to make sure there is at least one fit ruckman able to compete.
I re watched the North final the other day and couldn't help but think if you added a ruckman(Stanley)and different forward structure (Clark) it might have been a different result.

I could totally understand a decision to move on Simpson and Hmac at the end of the year but they would need to be replaced by at least one ruckman. Who that is I'm not sure, Minson has been dropped at the bulldogs shame he's not a couple of years younger.

If you a serious Premiership threat..you should do what Freo did to us. We are a patch quilt side a bit of old, a bit of young , too much on too few. Anything less than a 10 goal win is a loss for North. No pressure.;)

Nah.....no pressure. Supremely confident now.

AHA....let the psychological games begin.

Dean Gore ?

Dean
Gore

Height
183 cm
DOB
26-06-1996
Weight
86 kg
Debut
-
Games
Career
Goals
Career
2015 AFL Fantasy Points
Total
Avg
GORE%20Dean.png

Ranga

Dean
Gore

Height
183 cm
DOB
26-06-1996
Weight
86 kg
Debut
-
Games
Career
Goals
Career
2015 AFL Fantasy Points
Total
Avg
GORE%20Dean.png

Ranga
Look at those dark eyes

As good a proof as any that red heads don't have souls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely no way we will contract Hamish for another year ?

Would prefer to even give Lucey or another a go - as HMac is not the future (and we have enough LTIs to upgrade Lucey if we had to).

He will. It might just be at another club.

Not likely, it happens but not many players get traded or walk to a club after two years. Why would he, he's going to walk in to our 22 purely on demographic reasons in the next 12-18 months.

If it's going to be wet tomorrow as predicted I'd like to see Murdoch out and Gore in. Need as much grunt on the inside as possible in wet conditions, and don't think Murdoch will provide that at all.

Not likely, it happens but not many players get traded or walk to a club after two years. Why would he, he's going to walk in to our 22 purely on demographic reasons in the next 12-18 months.
I've covered this earlier but the "why would he" is that players deprived of senior opportunities sometimes seem to look back rather than forward when they make the call to be traded elsewhere. It might be irrational or vindictive but it does seem to happen. We are not really in a position where we can afford that risk.

There was an article a little while ago saying the club was looking at extending hamish's contract for next year. I think they are just trying to make sure there is a ruckman fit at the end of the year. Clearly we may not make the finals which won't be the end of the world. But if we do the mc wants to make sure there is at least one fit ruckman able to compete.
I re watched the North final the other day and couldn't help but think if you added a ruckman(Stanley)and different forward structure (Clark) it might have been a different result.

I could totally understand a decision to move on Simpson and Hmac at the end of the year but they would need to be replaced by at least one ruckman. Who that is I'm not sure, Minson has been dropped at the bulldogs shame he's not a couple of years younger.

That would have to be as a VFL player surely. Nothing against the man , but the game has got faster , and he has not. Id rather put our future in the hands of Read and his type. And the question of Vardy must be answered before any new contracts are given to 200+ guys.

In respect of North ... does anyone think we have a ruck on our list that can compete with Gold-member.

I've covered this earlier but the "why would he" is that players deprived of senior opportunities sometimes seem to look back rather than forward when they make the call to be traded elsewhere. It might be irrational or vindictive but it does seem to happen. We are not really in a position where we can afford that risk.

Not many 2nd year players do that, I'd understand if he had been on our list 4-5 years, and while he's a good prospect I can't see why anyone would poach him, he's hardly proven.

Not many 2nd year players do that, I'd understand if he had been on our list 4-5 years, and while he's a good prospect I can't see why anyone would poach him, he's hardly proven.
I don't think being a 2nd year player has anything to do with it really. There aren't many 2nd year players who would consider themselves stiffed out of opportunities AND are being courted by other clubs. Tends to happen to older players.

I don't think Kolo is going to be thinking "Hmm... I should stay because most other 2nd year players do."

If it's going to be wet tomorrow as predicted I'd like to see Murdoch out and Gore in. Need as much grunt on the inside as possible in wet conditions, and don't think Murdoch will provide that at all.
If it's going to be dry tomorrow as predicted I'd like to see Murdoch out and Gore in. Need as much grunt on the inside as possible in dry conditions, and don't think Murdoch will provide that at all.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back