Game Day AFL Round 5 - Collingwood vs Essendon Matchday Discussion (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird feeling this morning to be not really looking forward to the ANZAC day match. Have been looking forward to Cox's debut since seeing him in the Ressies last year , hope he isn't exposed with the lack of experience around him. Smith will be good to see. Treloars 1st ANZAC match so hopefully he is up and about. Would love Blairy to have a ripper.

Go Pies

Mods, just letting ya'll know that I'm not held accountable for anything I post if we lose tomorrow.

All issues shall be taken up with my manager, TD.

Yours faithfully,
Someone who doesn't want to explode tomorrow.

Dear Temploar

Thanks for the warning. Hopefully you won't hear from the authorities around 6.00 pm this evening.

Yours

Mods

Our backline is in absolute disarray. Seriously concerned, Essendon will probably end up scoring off every bloody entry.

Midfield is going to need to restrict their supply massively.

This, this and this.

So we come to the biggest day of the home and away season, really hoping the club doesn't embarrass itself today.
Must win at all costs

Go pies

This is only the second Anzac Day match I'll miss since 95. Partly financial, partly location and for the first time in a long time, partly because of a lack of interest. I do not want to travel to see the team not turn up. Please boys, put in some effort and get the win. If we go down fighting, I can always accept that, if we go down without a whimper, it'll be a dark day. Darcy Moore to stand up and kick 5, de goey best on and the pies by 35 would be my hope.

Yes we are vs an Essendon side which would be the the equivalent of us missing

Tom Bellchambers - Witts
Travis Colyer - Blair
Dyson Heppell - pendles
Michael Hibberd - Brown
Heath Hocking - crisp
Cale Hooker - Moore
Ben howelett - greenwood
Michael Hurley - Reid
David Myers - fasolo
Tayte Pears - Howe
Brent Stanton - Adams
Jobe Watson - treloar

Yes some players are better than others blah blah... But make no mistake this will be the darkest day in a very long time if we get rolled. The fact it's a possibility shows us how far backwards we have gone

Come on Pies lets get this done and things back on track again.

Dear Temploar

Thanks for the warning. Hopefully you won't hear from the authorities around 6.00 pm this evening.

Yours

Mods

Or alternatively, if showing some form of self control is beyond some people maybe just stay off the Internet and indoors until the rage gets back below critical levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alternatively, if showing some form of self control is beyond some people maybe just stay off the Internet and indoors until the rage gets back below critical levels.
Didn't I mention to you yesterday that there's a fine line between bringing sense and logic and being delusional?

Can't you, for one second, just empathise with the man? What if he has to cop some messages on Facebook? Oh the effing humanity indeed!

(& here you are telling him to stay off the interwebs. Sigh)

Didn't I mention to you yesterday that there's a fine line between bringing sense and logic and being delusional?

Can't you, for one second, just empathise with the man? What if he has to cop some messages on Facebook? Oh the effing humanity indeed!

(& here you are telling him to stay off the interwebs. Sigh)

The line's blurry sometimes. Particularly after Mr Goose has paid a visit.

We will smash em today boys and girls...

Forget about this being essendon's grand final. This is bloody our grand final. Last week showed imrovement and from half way through the second quarter we were the better side. This week we made a massive statement at the selection table and the boys will respond further.

Wouldn't it be great for us fans to show that we are side by side and instead of acting like Dale Thomas we stop bagging the team and at the first bounce start the biggest "CCCOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGWWWWOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD" chant heard since the 2010 prelim.

I think Reid will be starting forward who will give us much more than Cloke has. Gwilt will go to him im guessing.

A big key for the pies scoring will be delivery to Cox. If we can accurately put it on his head 1 out he could make an impact. I see Hartley as the only option on Cox for Essendon. Fasolo and our other crummers need to work off him. He probably shouldn't get out marked.

We should belt them in the Ruck. Grundy and Cox need to give us first use.

Darcy Moore. I really have a feeling he will take this game by the scruff of the neck without Cloke in the forward line.

Frost and Brown to hold the backline down. Reid was injured for long periods over the last few years and the backline has functioned without him. Yes a bit of rob Peter to pay Paul as he is so good down back but if we can get a quick lead and burst the idea of an ANZAC win to Essendon it would be good.

Crisp, Greenwood, De Goey really need to step up today.

So far this year the Bombers have averaged 50plus more kicks/handballs than the pies, playing a keeping off game as well as more marks and hit outs. If we let them do that today they'll cut through our zone and things will get ugly quickly. On the flip side, the Pies have an advantage in contested possession, contested marks, tackles and one-percenters, which suggests our strength is in one-on-one footy not guarding space. In clearances both clubs are neck and neck both in the middle and around the ground. What's it all mean for today? I have no idea really, but if we can rectify the problem with hit-outs, get on top in the centre clearances, and put pressure on to keep the ball in the forward line and go man on man when we lose the footy we should be okay.

I think this is the week we turn it around. Pies to kick 100+ points and win by 40. Moore to kick a few and Treloar best on ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back