AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that's possible in you passing on your membership once the membership holder passes away, aa there would be no new members

It is definitely possible - and not particularly difficult to excute.

At no point have I ever been asked to verify that I am alive.

It does. The $409 includes a one off $99 joining fee. $310 isn’t that bad in the years thereafter.
I've thought this for years, but it is so bizarre the way AFL membership advertises its prices. Website clearly says $409 yearly, which isn't correct. Most normal advertising would say $310 yearly with an asterisk or note indicating a $99 joining fee. It's a weird case of false advertising that makes the product seem more expensive than it really is.

20/21 were the years the upgrades went off the rails due to covid , also lapsed gold members were offered to get back into afl pretty much for a yearly membership.that corrupted the queue
Waitlist went up about 700/800 those years. In 2017/18 it went up by 600 and 300 respectively.

It's happened before. A lawyer was found guilty of professional misconduct for impersonating a dead client for over a decade.

View attachment 2135827
View attachment 2135828
View attachment 2135829

So notorious that the card itself is in the Australian Sports Museum collection now.

View attachment 2135826
Seems like he might have been outdone by the age of the pic not matching the birth cert?

This man was 79 at the time of the article being printed, and it wasn’t until he had to provide photo ID that this issue was eventually detected. The dead client passed in 1997 and who knows, could have been over 100 according to his birth cert in 2013 if still alive, hence the photo/age mismatch. This wouldn’t affect an AFL membership in its present format.

Also regarding BDM, if this is true, is it a Vic thing only? There’s only so far the AFL could go with this.. what if somebody died interstate or overseas and wasn’t a permanent Vic resident (ie interstate member etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back