AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone advise when they were last checked by anyone at the AFL Members gates?
I reckon it was once at Waverley before a poorly attended H&A game; and the other was one of the Brisbane vs. Collingwood Grand Finals - I suspect it was 2003.

Funny thing about that 2003 GF, I spent the entire third quarter in the police room. Some bloke turned up at his seat near me just before the start of the game holding his wrist saying he had a busted hand. I thought nothing of it until at half time, when a group of about three or four people came over to remonstrate with the bloke. During the argy bargy, one of the group grabbed a woman's handbag and ran off with it, so I gave chase. I caught up to the bloke after he'd been detained by a couple of cops. I told the cops he'd run off with a woman's handbag - the one he was holding - and was asked to give a witness statement in the police room. It was a shit boring game anyway, so I didn't miss much.

One of my friends has been checked and received a warning, but I maintain whoever used his membership must have been a ******* idiot.

There are so many ways to avoid drawing the attention of staff, even if they are checking you shouldn't have an issue.

I’m sure I’ve posted it before but only time I’ve seen it was 2010 GF replay, they asked Mum and she said I had her membership and that was it!

Yeah, you can do that.

The only issue is if you bought it as a junior/concession and an adult wants to use it. Technically, they'd have to pay the top-up price for an adult ticket.
Without checking that you are actually entering the venue with an adult ticket, how would they even know that you are entering the venue with a child ticket when an adult ?

Without checking that you are actually entering the venue with an adult ticket, how would they even know that you are entering the venue with a child ticket when an adult ?
I could be wrong but at Marvel when they scan the ticket with the handheld scanners it will say adult/concession/junior on the screen (but they never really check instead they just listen out for the sound. At the G I believe there is no way they can know what ticket is being scanned unless they physically look at the ticket.

The turnstile shows the ticket category you used Adult, Child or Concession. And I know this as my parents have been asked previously to show a pensioners card. Although previously when tickets were mixed around just the membership card was fine as the concession ticket was in the wrong persons hands. This was all pre-digital ticketing.

Does anyone know how any walkup seats for Saturdays game will be announced? On the MCG website?

Might wander down... not sure

Announced on the AFL membership website later in the week.

There are still tickets on sale for that game so they're not yet sure how many - if any - bays will be available for walk up.

havnt been checked forever, I go in with kids/concession tickets all the time and nver been stopped. never deliberate i just send the kids their tickets and dont really pay attention whether its an adult or not.

considering there is no physical members card, how are the checking ?

havnt been checked forever, I go in with kids/concession tickets all the time and nver been stopped. never deliberate i just send the kids their tickets and dont really pay attention whether its an adult or not.

considering there is no physical members card, how are the checking ?

I thought it was interesting. I would expect they would try some checking for Thursday night.

They should communicate the requirements for membership validation if they were going to stop people at the gate, but I don't even think they will.

I'll find it quite ironic if they start checking members in finals, when they open the gates within the ground to General Admission all year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re. name checks, they have added a line to the T&Cs of the membership that they "frequently check ticket sale websites".

Also noticed how you can no longer screenshot tickets in Ticketek -- you need to send them to people. I wonder if they'll start cross referencing AFL members tickets with the names of the people who access them on Ticketek.

Re. name checks, they have added a line to the T&Cs of the membership that they "frequently check ticket sale websites".

Also noticed how you can no longer screenshot tickets in Ticketek -- you need to send them to people. I wonder if they'll start cross referencing AFL members tickets with the names of the people who access them on Ticketek.
You can open the links in a browser and screenshot them from there, so I don't think they'd be able to crosscheck anything.

There’s a workaround so you can take ticket screenshots on your phone.

Ticketek should have sent a SMS to your phone when you purchased the tickets. Clicking the URL links in the SMS will open the Ticketek app and that does not allow you to screenshots tickets.

Instead, copy the URL of the SMS link and paste into a web browser on your phone. It should open to the Ticketek website with the QR code and seat location. That allows you to take screenshots.

You’ll just need to do this for each link in the SMS sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back