AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump.

156629_02955f7751d15e0e8fbbd69bdce5a1c5.jpg

Wish we could find the newest numbers

We should really be spreading this across social media so that the AFL membership department are forced to change their ways.

For a game of this demand, no guest passes should be available on the first day of sales. Competing club members get the first 3 hours, then all AFL members can get it tickets in the afternoon.

Guest passes available the next day.

Just brace yourselves kids...the annual "**** THE AFL MEMBERS...REMOVE THEM AND GIVE THEIR TICKETS TO CLUB MEMBERS NOWWWWWWWWW" group are slowly returning. They are now seeing they can't get tickets and might miss out of GF tix whilst we are sitting pretty :)

We should really be spreading this across social media so that the AFL membership department are forced to change their ways.

For a game of this demand, no guest passes should be available on the first day of sales. Competing club members get the first 3 hours, then all AFL members can get it tickets in the afternoon.

I don't agree with the second part.
If they are going to remove a benefit ie not allowing first access then the cost should reduce. It is after all, an AFL membership not a club membership.

How about this?
1x Seller on Ebay had AFL Reserve tickets 25x all sold within couple of hours, $180 each.
Yet we cannot get any, now due to all this bull... im going to be at home with no tickets for the game.
FN So Angry

How about this?
AFL Reserve tickets 25x on eBay all sold within couple of hours, $180 each.
Yet we cannot get any, now due to all this bull... im going to be at home with no tickets for the game.
FN So Angry

AFL members gouging fans is ****ed. Not sure how they stop it, short of stopping secondary markets

I know its atrocious, Should have bought them all, then gone to the AFL got there Membership revoked.
He only made about $3000 profit, dodgy prick

I don't love the AFL organisation let alone think Gill 'Hand Sit' McLaughlin has a clue or is anything more than a bloke who just says boring things every six months, but this isn't entirely their issue. Ticketing companies are bad regardless of what event it is, so long as it's got people clamouring they all have really bad lag, wait times, stupid processes, and then of course ludicrous fees which the ACCC attempts to cut out but are which inevitably reinstated as something else. I see they're trying to sort out the insult that is Viagogo and these secondary markets but these companies know how to exploit and how to make their money, and fundamentally spending money on infrastructure is low down. They will only fix it when people literally can't transact a ticket...

Also pretty amazing how this is going to be, what, a bonafide 95,000-er? I thought Geelong supporters hated the MCG?

Might sound smarmy or whatever but I used to refuse to pay the upgrade fee. An AFL Membership at a concession rate is really good but the dodgy pricks barely accept much concession in comparison to what doctors and cinemas will... if you pay $450-plus a year, every year as most AFL members do, then why should you have to pay pointless extra costs to attend a match? If you clamour for tickets or pay the $7.50 from the ticketing company why is it really fair to sting people more? **** it. Much better just saving your money and stress and going to the pub. I love neutral footy but eh. Would rather the ease of just going to walk-up games.

Well its 95k suspected with 30% of the tickets being bought by resellers, so if they sell them then yeh, but i guess 92k.
Some tickets are selling $300 to $500 for AFL Reserve at the moment...

Had the same issues as others. But ended up getting L2A P15 row A.

Awesome seats near the 50M line at the punt rd end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget that Medallion Club members could buy in this as well. From what I heard it was 4x finals ticket per Medallion Club membership ticket. That hurts the figures as well.

I was annoyed this morning trying to buy tickets with the site, there's no much the AFL can do as its the MCG who has the contract for ticketing with Ticketek. Let's see how the rest of the finals go and see if it does improve...

Full members with or without club support
Silver members with club support
Silver
Everyone else incl guest passes

That should be the order of proceedings

Full members with or without club support
Silver members with club support
Silver
Everyone else incl guest passes

That should be the order of proceedings
Yeah I can accept that.

And the next step is ticket allocation with afl id numbers on it. As you enter the venue, member number is checked off against your card. Or another form of identification. This needs to happen.

Just brace yourselves kids...the annual "**** THE AFL MEMBERS...REMOVE THEM AND GIVE THEIR TICKETS TO CLUB MEMBERS NOWWWWWWWWW" group are slowly returning. They are now seeing they can't get tickets and might miss out of GF tix whilst we are sitting pretty :)
If you truely love your club and are sooooo desperate to attend finals and grand final simply purchase a membership package that include these perks. It's not that expensive if it's that important to you as far as hobbies go.

If you truely love your club and are sooooo desperate to attend finals and grand final simply purchase a membership package that include these perks. It's not that expensive if it's that important to you as far as hobbies go.
I just can't agree with this at all. What if you are a family of 4 and you can only afford the lower level of membership that doesn't give priority gf ticket access? At Essendon the difference between bronze and silver reserved is a couple of hundred. That's not pocket change.

Not everyone is so fortunate.

When you see AFL member reserve tickets on eBay for close to $200 today, it is disheartening and infuriating all at the same time. This should not be an opportunity for people to make money off others for something they love. You should not be able to purchase more than 8 tickets in one transaction. You should not be able to buy guest passes on the first day tickets go on sale. Full AFL members with club support for Richmond or Geelong SHOULD NOT be missing out on tickets for this game!

I missed out this morning but that's ok as I don't support either club. But it's a money grabbing exercise from the AFL and they do it year after year. What should we do about it?

I just can't agree with this at all. What if you are a family of 4 and you can only afford the lower level of membership that doesn't give priority gf ticket access? At Essendon the difference between bronze and silver reserved is a couple of hundred. That's not pocket change.

Not everyone is so fortunate.

When you see AFL member reserve tickets on eBay for close to $200 today, it is disheartening and infuriating all at the same time. This should not be an opportunity for people to make money off others for something they love. You should not be able to purchase more than 8 tickets in one transaction. You should not be able to buy guest passes on the first day tickets go on sale. Full AFL members with club support for Richmond or Geelong SHOULD NOT be missing out on tickets for this game!

I missed out this morning but that's ok as I don't support either club. But it's a money grabbing exercise from the AFL and they do it year after year. What should we do about it?
AFL is a business. Simple as that.

If you can't afford it like many things in life you miss out.

AFL is a business. Simple as that.

If you can't afford it like many things in life you miss out.

I disagree with this General view
AFL members rights should be protected with regard to availability and profiteering/scalping.

This isn't a simple you snooze you lose argument. If someone snoozed and was the only reason they're missing out ok. This isn't that.

This was a ****ing debacle today.

I got nowhere at about 9.03 when I started trying. By 10am when I tried again after having to actually do my job, the allocation was exhausted.

I guess I'm not as angry as others who I think have every right to be pissed off, cos I'm not a fan of either team. I just love footy.

Fans of Geelong & Richmond have every right to be furious though. I'm so sick of the AFL and Ticketek apologising for their ineptitude. Instead of having to apologise to us 1-2 times a year, why not just fix the ****ing problem? And if Ticketek won't do it, I am 100% certain that the AFL have enough influence over the MCG to make them switch to another provider, or even to bring ticketing in house which plenty of other venues in Melbourne do.

On the issue of order of priority for AFL membership, I'm against making all finals like the GF. Partly cos that isn't what people were sold, so it's not fair to change the rules (unless you grandfathered the current arrangement, then changed the rules for new members... but then you're still waiting for years before it takes effect.)

The main reason I'm against it though is because the AFL members aren't the problem. I suspect guest passes aren't even the problem.

The issue, I believe, is that the so-called "AFL reserve" isn't actually a reserve for AFL members - it's a reserve for every friggen corporate partnership that the AFL has, which results in what we believe to be members seats going to Medallion club members, corporate partners, and to quasi re-sellers and non-competing clubs to sell.

The main reason I'm against it though is because the AFL members aren't the problem. I suspect guest passes aren't even the problem.

The issue, I believe, is that the so-called "AFL reserve" isn't actually a reserve for AFL members - it's a reserve for every friggen corporate partnership that the AFL has, which results in what we believe to be members seats going to Medallion club members, corporate partners, and to quasi re-sellers and non-competing clubs to sell.

This.

AFL Reserve has become a place where plebs, little league campaigners and every corporate partnership has been lumped into. They are bastardising access, especially L2, which has now become a dining area for baby boomers spending their kids' inheritance every week. Less than 3 years, there will be no L2 access for non dining room members and that will then extend to L2A/L1 Undercover.

Add to this, the Bronze membership adding stress to numbers and further weakening the brand.

My real ****ing issue is that when the public GA is full, THEY ****ING OPEN AFL MEMBERS FOR THESE ****ING FERAL campaigner*. I am being slightly facetious but there is nothing worse than going to a game and seeing the GA area full...just knowing that in 5 mins the hoards of granny fingerers, bogans and campaigners are going to start running amok in the ****ing area i pay good money for.

AFL members are not the bloody problem, so don't blame us you shitheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back