AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, and now ppl are signing up on ebay and max bidding just to never buy lol. those tickets are now nearly $8000.
Must be a lot of angry supporters/afl members

Last edited:

The AFL have a dedicated team who look into eBay and other sites like Viagogo for AFL Members.

So without going into too much detail they can narrow it down to sections.
Someone reports tickets in M17 so say M20, 15 tickets.
They can pull up all tickets sold and to who for all those areas and see what is Guest Pass etc.
Guest Passes still fall on the owner of those tickets. If they are giving it out to people to make a profit or just to sell the AFL member will be banned for life.

They can also cross reference seats used for prior games to see if it is guest passes or there pass.
Or.. if someone uses the PDF with name on it and that is reported they will get banned from a afl membership and cannot get another.

Bronze memberships are a load of shit, just last ditch attempts at getting some money for the season. You shouldn't be able to gain access to finals for cheap, and that's really all people will use it for, on a cheap ticket like that. Besides, the AFL Membership department were saying they were going to make a cut off. This was a few years ago.

I could half cop Medallion Club tickets eating up the allocation for the AFL Membership areas if we could actually use our AFL Membership to get some sort of priority, good seating at Etihad. Even a few blocks behind the goals on the second level. I have no issue sitting on the top tier because it's still a good view there and people bitch way too much about the slight overhang in the boundary pocket but you know, it's a bit rich – especially now the AFL owns Etihad and can do what they want at the ground.

As someone else said there's more corporate seating going to that part of the ground. In a way I can take them having one of the small tiers there in the middle for that sort of stuff, personally I find that area a bit overrated and it's a pain in the arse to wrangle a seat unless it's Melbourne v Brisbane Lions or something but quite often I've seen people go to the ticketing booth and grabbing 10 tickets from some plumbing company. Yeah it's okay if it's some low drawing game but ultimately the way it'd work is that plumbing company from shithole rural Victoria probably has those 10 tickets for every home and away game. They've obviously seen how many empty seats there are for dead rubbers and realised this is the part of the ground to fill in with corporates.

It would be nice if having AFL Membership could get you into some games at Perth Stadium too, as I'm sure Freo's bad form will probably linger past the novelty stage of the new stadium and you could end up with 25,000 seats empty. I'd cop that as a good compromise.

Also probably an unpopular opinion on here because people seem to love them but guest passes really shouldn't be a thing. For very low priority matches where barely a quarter of the ground will be full, go for it, but once there's a chance of 50,000+ attending I wouldn't mind it being eradicated. For finals it simply shouldn't exist.

Maybe one guest pass per membership. That way if there's three people with an AFL Membership who want to bring two others along, it'll work. But really I find the whole thing a waste and a bit of a rabble... I hate when mates try and drag me along to the MCC and pay $35 for it... I can get a ticket for nearly half of that and the good thing about the ground is that ultimately most viewing points are good. I have no idea why you'd buy a guest pass for the AFL reserve. Usually I'd walk in and meet a mate with a general admission ticket and give them a ring and meet up at the Olympic Stand. Someone pays a cheaper fee and you end up basically at the same decent seat as you would in the AFL section. It's not like there's anything exclusive or that good about the AFL section of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or it was just a ruse
Or whoever bought / was given 15x tickets to sell on eBay is a person who works for a club (could even be a player) who is trying to make some extra quid
That would be more likely
Definitely heard of club officials even players scalping their freebies

Bronze memberships are a load of shit, just last ditch attempts at getting some money for the season. You shouldn't be able to gain access to finals for cheap, and that's really all people will use it for, on a cheap ticket like that.
Bronze members have to pay the full price for finals seats, but yes I agree it is another money grab by the AFL and makes it harder for Gold and Silver members to get a seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back