AFL Stars of the future

Remove this Banner Ad

AD_03

All Australian
Jul 24, 2003
York Park
Other Teams
Carlton
Who can you see being absolute superstars in the AFL in 4-5 yeears?

Top bracket of absolute superstars:
Sam Mitchell
Matty Pavlich
Chris Judd
Nick Riewoldt
Aaron Sandilands (I can just see his size making him one of the most dominant tap ruckmen for years.)

Stars:
Just a few i could see perhaps being really good
Ryan Houlihan
Robert Murphy
all the saints young players haha
Adam Cooney
Brennan
and a never ending list of others

i dont agree that sandilands will be a top 20 player in the afl or in other words a superstar. in an age when players are becoming more athletic and skillful, ruckman are beginning to play like midfielders to gather many possesions and goals for their side (see gardiner or darcy). Yes he may win taps but thats it. so although he can palm the ball, his opposing man is atually getting the ball around the ground. however, i must say he is not bad around the ground and considerably better than street.

there is no way he should be mentioned in the same breath as judd and riewoldt.

Jared Rivers and Aaron davey are future stars of the game.

Ditto Steven Salopek, Kane Tenace and Jarrad McVeigh.

Originally posted by dees_best
Jared Rivers and Aaron davey are future stars of the game.

Ditto Steven Salopek, Kane Tenace and Jarrad McVeigh.

Ditto Jarrad McVeigh. He shows glimpses of something out of the ordinary. Should mature into a class player.

Luke Ball and Nick Reiwoldt. WOW! Awesome to watch so far this year.

Chris Tarrant - Gotta throw in my biased Collingwood player vote.

Originally posted by Seth
Luke Ball and Nick Reiwoldt. WOW! Awesome to watch so far this year.

Chris Tarrant - Gotta throw in my biased Collingwood player vote.

Tarrant already is one mate;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Houlihan has silky skills and can sometimes do the impossible things.

Playing on the bank flank this season will put some consistancy into his game and he is going to be a genuine star of the carlton football club for years to come.

Go Houlihan and Go The Blues

Dominated the cats today and deserved to win!

Luke Ball should definately be thrown into the same breath as Judd and Riewoldt - he is simply amazing.

Might ruffle a few feathers by saying this, but to me it looks as though Ball will be better than Judd.

From the pies, from all reports and the little I've seen, Brayden Shaw certainly looks a lively type, and I'm also very excited about the prospect of Richie Cole - just needs to get a bit smarter with choosing his options and he'll be terrific.

Originally posted by leonmagic
Luke Ball should definately be thrown into the same breath as Judd and Riewoldt - he is simply amazing.
Agree. The kid has it all. He'll be a quicker version of Robert Harvey, which is scary.

Sylvia and Rivers are the two standouts from the Demons. Both will be in everyone's Top 30 players eventually.

Ashley Sampi. He's Matera like around goals with the skills of Chris Lewis. And his vertical leap is amazing for a little fella. On a number a occasions over the last year, he's been cool under pressure and kicked the winning goal for WC

i'm not saying he'll be in the top 10 players, there's not chance of that, but i think he's well on his way to being very good.

From Geelong, Ablett and Kelly loom as the likely ones. Tenace is looking good already.

From other clubs; Nick Dal Santo, and Jared Brennan loom as future superstars. Dal Santo in particular looms as a future Brownlow Medallist IMO. Has got it all; vision, smarts, speed, silky skills, and that uncanny sixth sense of the game. Gotta love the kid.

Only seen him play a couple of games but Farren Ray looks like hes gonna be a gun, as does Cooney

Murphy is the Dogs best young player and will be a star, and Giansiracusa, while he wasn't great last year, still has a very bright future

Judd will be the dominant midfielder and Riewoldt will be the dominant KPP. Goodes took the big step last year, Brown is just about there and Judd and Riewoldt will be there in about a year or two.

Mitchell impressed me too.

I reckon Nick Dal Santo will be one of the best midfelders in the AFL within 3 seasons.

He is just so classy no one can lay a hand on him it's like play moves in slow motion around him.

He has magnificent skills as well.

Honestly he is imposible to takle.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Stars of the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back