AFL Teams delisting, retire, trades (update p4)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 556889
Thought I would start a thread with what is happening elsewhere, please add.

Interesting so far, Claye Beams.
Claye Beams was on his last legs for Brisbane anyway. A few Brisbane supporters I know consider him extremely lucky to be rookied last year.

In terms of us - I think the only player that is a near-100% certainty to be delisted is Kayle Kirby. Obviously there are others like Fasolo and Blair that are leaning a certain way, but I'm not entirely confident their future is set in stone just yet.

I just found both Brisbane (7), St Kilda (7) and North (7) with their early clean out, could be big players during the period and reckon that there may be more to come. Surprised with only 4 from Carlton, are they kidding?:)
There was an article about Carlton having 4 more players coming out of contract this year and they were very spuddy. So there will be more to come me thinks.

Claye Beams was on his last legs for Brisbane anyway. A few Brisbane supporters I know consider him extremely lucky to be rookied last year.

In terms of us - I think the only player that is a near-100% certainty to be delisted is Kayle Kirby. Obviously there are others like Fasolo and Blair that are leaning a certain way, but I'm not entirely confident their future is set in stone just yet.
Blair and Oxley you can set in granite.

Does anyone have a list of out of contract pies players?

According to Footywire;

Name Years Service Status
Adam Oxley 6 Non-Free Agent
Alex Fasolo 8 Restricted Free Agent
Brody Mihocek 1 Non-Free Agent
Darcy Moore 4 Non-Free Agent
Flynn Appleby 1 Non-Free Agent
Jack Madgen 1 Non-Free Agent
Jamie Elliott 7 Non-Free Agent
Jarryd Blair 10 Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Daicos 2 Non-Free Agent
Josh Smith 3 Non-Free Agent
Kayle Kirby 2 Non-Free Agent
Levi Greenwood 4 Non-Free Agent
Lynden Dunn 2 Non-Free Agent
Sam McLarty 2 Non-Free Agent
Samuel Murray 1 Non-Free Agent
Timothy Broomhead 6 Non-Free Agent
Tom Langdon 5 Non-Free Agent
Travis Varcoe 4 Non-Free Agent
Tyson Goldsack 12 Unrestricted Free Agent
Will Hoskin-Elliott 2 Non-Free Agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Footywire;

Name Years Service Status
Adam Oxley 6 Non-Free Agent
Alex Fasolo 8 Restricted Free Agent
Brody Mihocek 1 Non-Free Agent
Darcy Moore 4 Non-Free Agent
Flynn Appleby 1 Non-Free Agent
Jack Madgen 1 Non-Free Agent
Jamie Elliott 7 Non-Free Agent
Jarryd Blair 10 Unrestricted Free Agent
Josh Daicos 2 Non-Free Agent
Josh Smith 3 Non-Free Agent
Kayle Kirby 2 Non-Free Agent
Levi Greenwood 4 Non-Free Agent
Lynden Dunn 2 Non-Free Agent
Sam McLarty 2 Non-Free Agent
Samuel Murray 1 Non-Free Agent
Timothy Broomhead 6 Non-Free Agent
Tom Langdon 5 Non-Free Agent
Travis Varcoe 4 Non-Free Agent
Tyson Goldsack 12 Unrestricted Free Agent
Will Hoskin-Elliott 2 Non-Free Agent
Someone should contact Footywire, because the listing of Hoskin-Elliott, Varcoe, McLarty and Murray is incorrect.

Someone should contact Footywire, because the listing of Hoskin-Elliott, Varcoe, McLarty and Murray is incorrect.

Source? WHE is definitely uncontracted, same with Varcoe. McLarty would've been on a two year contract when drafted and I haven't seen anything about him re-signing.

The Sam Murray one is strange though, I would be pretty surprise if he was on a one year contract when he came across

Just seems like a massive project dunno if a team will perceive long enough with him.

Time is his enemy
McLarty is a solid size and was an excellent junior KPP. If he doesn’t have more footy nous or ability than Mason Cox, then I’m a monkey’s uncle. McLarty has spent the whole season running around in the VFL, being an AFL emergency whilst that other bag of dicks has goofed around the forward line basically getting in the way.
Incidentally, tap/ruck work is over-rated (See Richmond)...
And “providing a contest” doesn’t really happen enough, as Cox drops as many as he grabs and repeatedly gets out-bodied by opponents a whole foot shorter than him.
If I were McLarty, I’d get my manager to test the waters and then GTFO if opportunities arise.

Just seems like a massive project dunno if a team will perceive long enough with him.

Time is his enemy

He has been on the list for 2 years and was named emergency multiple times. He isn't that far away, I certainly don't think it's panic stations yet....

Source? WHE is definitely uncontracted, same with Varcoe. McLarty would've been on a two year contract when drafted and I haven't seen anything about him re-signing.

The Sam Murray one is strange though, I would be pretty surprise if he was on a one year contract when he came across

There's your source for WHE.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...agpies-heading-into-2018-20180220-p4z10p.html

There's your source for Varcoe.

I misspoke about McLarty, I mistook him for Max Lynch who has re-signed.

And Sam Murray almost certainly has not been brought over for just one year. I would say two, but have no source.

There's your source for WHE.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...agpies-heading-into-2018-20180220-p4z10p.html

There's your source for Varcoe.

I misspoke about McLarty, I mistook him for Max Lynch who has re-signed.

And Sam Murray almost certainly has not been brought over for just one year. I would say two, but have no source.

Fair call, I stand corrected on WHE. Makes you wonder where the media come up with this stuff, i.e.;
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...8/news-story/fa31f2dcd98d7846ab02a13c6363c83d
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...8/news-story/fa31f2dcd98d7846ab02a13c6363c83d

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Teams delisting, retire, trades (update p4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back