News AFL trade, free agency and draft. "who goes where?" - No freakin' hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
• If a Nominating Club does not have enough points to secure a F/S or Academy selection in a given Draft, the points required will carry over to the Club’s first selection the following year.
In this case, points will be deducted prior to the trade period to ensure the Nominating Club pays it points debt, rather than trades picks away.

SO..if jarman is nominated before 88, then: SUCK IT SAINTS OUR 1ST PICK NEXT YEAR JUST GOT A WHOLE LET LESS VALUABLE

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Father-son-bidding-system.pdf
That's not our first pick anymore.

Im taking a week off of bigfooty.
giphy.gif

Deledio for GWS 2017 1st + 2016 3rd.

Jordan Lewis for 48.

:mad:

Anyway happy we landed O'Meara.

The only thing I don't completely understand is the St. Kilda trade. Reckon 23 and next years first was enough to land Pick 10 without trading Pick 36.

But we have two young guns and our midfield nucleus for the next 10 years, we've given our legends golden handshakes, given the youngsters a chance to press for Senior selection and can still pick up Jarman apparently (at the expense of St. Kilda?). Not bad overall even though I was nervous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably going to get hounded for this, but I just wanted to post here and say that I think the final trade was a fair result.

At the very worst case scenario if the 2 x future 2nd Rd pick teams play in the GF next year, when added to pick 10, the Suns just got the equivalent of pick 3 for Jaeger. Every spot those future Rd2 picks drop, the better the deal.

So at the very least, pick 3 for Jaeger is a fantastic deal for the Suns, but the Hawks have got one hell of a future superstar provided his injuries are behind him.

It was a long and drawn out trade period with a lot of melts and breakdowns, but the deal got done, and it's better than the 'final offer' of pick 10 and a third rounder.

Jaeger for pick 3 = great outcome for both clubs.

Best of luck in 2017.

The only thing I don't completely understand is the St. Kilda trade. Reckon 23 and next years first was enough to land Pick 10 without trading Pick 36.

But we have two young guns and our midfield nucleus for the next 10 years, we've given our legends golden handshakes, given the youngsters a chance to press for Senior selection and can still pick up Jarman apparently (at the expense of St. Kilda?). Not bad overall even though I was nervous.

I think we got the sense Cochrane was pulling the reigns in the early discussions and we knew he was a nutbag with little idea about footy. So after he laughed at a solid deal of 2017 1st, 23 and 34 we knew had to get back into this year early as a back up, this gave us leverage in the negotiations and as well as reassured Jom that if he held his nerve he would get to us regardless of what GC did.

The Saints would have known our plan and made sure they got plenty for pick 10.

In the end with all the possible Fs, academy and compo picks next year that 1st could slip out to 20 or more.

In retrospect maybe, but having 10 in our pocket gave us bargaining power in that we could have made a play for him in the draft. GC probably wouldn't have folded if we didn't have that chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back