News AFL trade, free agency and draft. "who goes where?" - No freakin' hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are honestly Effed this trade period, if we don't land O'Meara we have stuffed up so bad.

Can't believe Bombers are going to get a second rounder for Hibberd and we get pick 48 and 66

Yep, something is seriously ******* wrong with the campaigners running the place. We are that ******* stupid kid in the playground that you can swap a O'Rourke footy card for a Dangerfield Brownlow card
Dangerfield LOL

I heard he goes OK but hes no Stuart Dew

Hawk vice-captain Jordan Lewis is now a Demon.
Hawthorn will receive picks 48 and 66 in exchange for Lewis.

Melbourne will also receive picks 57 and 68.

Hawk coach Alastair Clarkson said:

“Jordan has been a big part of this football club for the last 12 years and he will be sorely missed by the players, coaches and staff.

“He has given great service to the Hawks and his leadership both on and off the field has been invaluable.

“It is never easy to part ways with a champion of the club, but we have got to this point through mature and open conversations with the best interests of both Jordan and the club at heart."

Rough numbers, but between Mitchell and Lewis: 485,000 games of experience, 700 premiership medallions, 690 AA selections, and 145 BnFs.

I'm pleased this netted us picks 88, and pick 64 lol, both of which are rarely used in drafts! I can't believe we acquiesced to the Demons also demanding a pick swap... Jesus.

Well, happy hunting for free agency with our warchest I guess.

Anyone else think we are stockpiling picks to have a go at one of the Academy boys? Would that give us enough points? Would love to see the Swans kick up a stink over losing one of those boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else think we are stockpiling picks to have a go at one of the Academy boys? Would that give us enough points? Would love to see the Swans kick up a stink over losing one of those boys!

What? We don't have access to the academy boys. Unless we bid on them with our highest pick, being 48.

We are stockpiling cap space. This is the changing nature of the AFL. No club has done what we are doing currently with trading for cap space.

This happens in the NBA all the time. Very lopsided deals, to free up cap space.

We are clearly going hard at the 2017 Free Agency. We are going to have shit load of cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back