Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is custom made for us. If the reports of 3 mil of cap space are true we simply absorb it, gets us 1/3 of the way closer to the cap minimum.

And if you're Bowes, it would surely be more appealing to get paid those two years and then have a new contract, rather than effectively lose money by going to Geelong for instance and smoothing the contract out over more years and a reduced rate.

I said this elsewhere, but if we get the Bowes thing done it'll mean over the past three off seasons we've added:

5x top 10 picks
2x other first round picks (assuming Davey gets bid on between 11 and 19 when including Ashcroft)
3x former top 11 picks either in or about to enter their prime

Whilst giving up Daniher, Saad, Fantasia, as well as our 2021 and 2022 second round picks, and probably swapping third rounders from 2022 and 2023 (we get 2022 for points and vice-versa)

That would be incredibly smart business.

I said this elsewhere, but if we get the Bowes thing done it'll mean over the past three off seasons we've added:

5x top 10 picks
2x other first round picks (assuming Davey gets bid on between 11 and 19 when including Ashcroft)
3x former top 11 picks either in or about to enter their prime

Whilst giving up Daniher, Saad, Fantasia, as well as our 2021 and 2022 second round picks, and probably swapping third rounders from 2022 and 2023 (we get 2022 for points and vice-versa)

That would be incredibly smart business.
Yeah your last line is the problem. We have not proven ourselves to be capable of smart anything

Bowes could not possibly land at Geelong, particularly not alongside Henry and Bruhn. They couldn’t possibly have the cap space…
Cap space not an issue at Geelong where players get ushered into lucrative can't fail property developments. Take unders in the cap but load up big time off field

Cap space not an issue at Geelong where players get ushered into lucrative can't fail property developments. Take unders in the cap but load up big time off field

Fortunately Andrew Welsh has just joined the board.

Do you want an off the plan house that may never get built in a suburb that doesn’t exist yet? Then you’ve come to the right place!

The chances of us getting anybody that anyone else wants is next to zero. It's scrap heap fodder or nothing. Probably best to get used to that idea
I agree in general. However, I think the Bowes case is a little different to the norm. Not many clubs can afford to pay out that contract.

The irony being that Mark Casey did the Armstrong creek thing just outside Geelong with Disco and Bomber, not our players although I recall Dyl Shiel doing some “work experience” with him

Last edited:
Fortunately Andrew Welsh has just joined the board.

Do you want an off the plan house that may never get built in a suburb that doesn’t exist yet? Then you’ve come to the right place!

suckers

1664250052913.png

Jenkins on SEN mentioned earlier we need an extra tall forward amd suggested primarily Lobb. His reasoning is this gives extra time to Jones and Baldwin to develop. He threw up Logue, Samson Ryan (untried I think) and Georgiades.

While we do need an extra tall forward, I wouldn't of thought it would be either of those player's plus Freo already ruled out Lobb moving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenkins on SEN mentioned earlier we need an extra tall forward amd suggested primarily Lobb. His reasoning is this gives extra time to Jones and Baldwin to develop. He threw up Logue, Samson Ryan (untried I think) and Georgiades.

While we do need an extra tall forward, I wouldn't of thought it would be either of those player's plus Freo already ruled out Lobb moving.
I’d rather just play Stewart forward all year

Jenkins on radio is honestly quite cringe worthy. Can’t listen to anything he says.

Although Georgiades is one I would absolutely go for, think it’s WA or staying at port though.

the complete and utter lack of Essendon being seriously linked to anyone this trade period is pretty sad.

especially with the amount of cash we have to splash.

the complete and utter lack of Essendon being seriously linked to anyone this trade period is pretty sad.

especially with the amount of cash we have to splash.

Announcing a coach this week, and hopefully a CEO not too long after should help. Until then I'd say people would be looking at us as an unstable environment.

Brisbane join the que for Bowes lol! If Bowes likes Queensland I think that’s a rap

Brisbane picking up Bowes, Dunkley , Ashcroft and fletcher aswell as potentially Gunston lol whatever is a salary cap

would be a serious off season

lol why would Bowes go to Brisbane if he wants to play mid, wouldn't be a lock right not let alone with them adding dunkley and ashcroft into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back