Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbo is past it

The issue with Nelson is hes 27 before round 1 next year. For our and the eagles situation i dont think he should be taking a 18-20 yr olds spot

Id say hes more likely to be depth at a good side. Can play well in a tagging role which is probably his best spot or wing and down back

Nelson is a whipping boy over in the west but even fans were surprised to see him delisted. They didnt have many options to delist instead, they decided to delist a 27 yr old instead of 20 yr olds it seems. Only Winder could challenge being delisted instead and still might find themselves on that list

I feel for Bowes. Gold Coast are a shit show who talked him into backending his contract and now they want out of it. Collingwood is the only club worse off and at least they played finals this year. We should be going flat out after Bowes and pick 7. Another two top ten picks should let us balance out or list.

I feel for Bowes. Gold Coast are a s**t show who talked him into backending his contract and now they want out of it. Collingwood is the only club worse off and at least they played finals this year. We should be going flat out after Bowes and pick 7. Another two top ten picks should let us balance out or list.
Scott has said they have very little room in their cap. Good sign for our Bowes7 chase.

Id hope theyre on more than that, but you never know with the cats. Bruhn wouldve earnt about that this year

Also i doubt Higgins and Dahl were on as much as that if Hawkins is reported to be playing on for 300k ish next year

Plus it was said Henry was looking at chasing money

Wasn't Higgins end of the deal he signed to move from North?

I admit that I have not looked into it but surely if Geelong are able to spread the money out for Bowes into 4 seasons the GC could do the same. Bowes willing of course. Would seem to be an end run around the rules otherwise.

Agree to disagree, reckon he could be a defensively sticky utility and has good aerobic capacity, which is should clearly be the goal.

Can apparently add Xavier O’Halloran to the big, lucite sweepstakes barrel of medium grunt midfielders that present as an option for us to ignore.

XOH just makes too much sense.

A leader and hard running brute who can play most midfield roles. He was even a local wasn't he? Probably unlucky enough to be a fan.

Kicking not great but I'd take that bad as part of an otherwise pretty complete package.

You're in Dyl Clarke territory but with a guy who can kick the thing at AFL standard. There was a time Ed Langdon, for example, couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Reckon a bit of TLC is all it will take. With Stocker and even Bytel, who is pretty one dimensional and it's not an amazing dimension, there are significant uncertainties that make me wary. We're only likely to take 1 of these guys, I dont want to invest that on a guy who has professionalism/endurance problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather wait for 35, why be a bitch and just accept 71
its not the here and now, it's the long game. We are 95% sure Francis won't make it, do the right thing and wish him all the best in good faith with the Swans. Knowing they 'owe' us one in the future.

Might not be Dodoro, but this could show the industry we (EFC) are turning the corner from the "hard to deal with" shit show we have been for 20 years.

Im trying to work out if pick 41 is useful or useless for us if a bid for Munkara does come after 41 42.
Well, when you consider the fact that 22 is almost a certainty to get traded then it'll almost definitely be used in the Davey bid.

Geelong appear to be the frontrunner for everything until they're not.

I can see the appeal from Bowes' perspective though, he might have to agree to a restructured deal if that's what he chooses.

Just nominate a successful club and watch the rest of the world burn..

Gunston nominating Brisbane as the latest to align with this thinking

I think you could pretty comfortably plug his skill set in on a wing to good effect. He’d be a good glue guy.
Zac, I like you, we've hung out, we've watched games of football but you've got this one wrong mate.

If you are even contemplating Jackson Nelson as an option for our list in lieu of Nic Martin, Sam Durham, Kyle Langford even maybe it's time to have a lay down please.

Nelson is no better than the ones I just mentioned and are already with us trending (mostly) upwards. Nelson as a "glue guy" is wasting cap space for the sake of it and gives us no meaningful contribution to the list.

Next

Well, when you consider the fact that 22 is almost a certainty to get traded then it'll almost definitely be used in the Davey bid.

Was more in reference to if we hold it after a Davey bid (be cheeky and trade out, then in after a Davey bid (if this is even allowed) if we hold to try and snare a player before a potential Munkara bid.

On that note, I'm getting mixed messages that Munkara will last the season, quite a few question marks on his ability to adapt to life in the big smoke.

Was more in reference to if we hold it after a Davey bid (be cheeky and trade out, then in after a Davey bid (if this is even allowed) if we hold to try and snare a player before a potential Munkara bid.

On that note, I'm getting mixed messages that Munkara will last the season, quite a few question marks on his ability to adapt to life in the big smoke.
As I told you a couple of weeks ago, you cannot just simply use later picks to match a bid.

And you can't trade a pick out and then back in in the same draft.

As I told you a couple of weeks ago, you cannot just simply use later picks to match a bid.
Well, you can, but you have to have the required number of list spots open to make that work. And then those picks go to the end of the draft. I think you get open list spots + 2.
And you can't trade a pick out and then back in in the same draft.
You can trade one pick out and a different (but very similar) pick in after matching though. That's what Sydney did with West Coast a year or two ago.

Id hope theyre on more than that, but you never know with the cats. Bruhn wouldve earnt about that this year

Also i doubt Higgins and Dahl were on as much as that if Hawkins is reported to be playing on for 300k ish next year

Plus it was said Henry was looking at chasing money
I think Bruhn would still be on his first contract (just under $100k plus match payments) but GWS & GCS get into big trouble with those high picks wanting $400k for their second contract. I know andleanback (who would know more than me) said they will be on more than $250k but but it would be hard for them to demand huge $$ when there are premiership players on less coin.

Reiwaldt accepted $300k for next year but that was because his only other option was to retire but I think Hawkins would be on a lot more than that. No way he would be playing for 400-500 less than what he is worth over multiple years because that quickly adds up to 1.5 million.
Looking at their GF side only Cameron and Danger would be on huge contracts (but less than if they went elsewhere), then 6-8 on above average wages Duncan, Stewart, Cam Guthrie, Blicsavs, Rohan, Hawkins, Selwood, Smith.
Then a heap of guys on below average wages Zuthrie, Miers, Stengle, Close, Atkins, Dekoning, O’Conner

Zac, I like you, we've hung out, we've watched games of football but you've got this one wrong mate.

If you are even contemplating Jackson Nelson as an option for our list in lieu of Nic Martin, Sam Durham, Kyle Langford even maybe it's time to have a lay down please.

Nelson is no better than the ones I just mentioned and are already with us trending (mostly) upwards. Nelson as a "glue guy" is wasting cap space for the sake of it and gives us no meaningful contribution to the list.

Next
Like I said, agree to disagree and we all move on but I back my eye

Like I said, agree to disagree and we all move on but I back my eye
id get them checked then if I were you
Investigating True Crime GIF by Wine & Crime Podcast

Well, you can, but you have to have the required number of list spots open to make that work. And then those picks go to the end of the draft. I think you get open list spots + 2.

You can trade one pick out and a different (but very similar) pick in after matching though. That's what Sydney did with West Coast a year or two ago.
I meant that you have to use the earliest pick you have first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back