Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not re write history. Jobe's career almost ended before it began before 2006 because he couldn't run. It took his dad to tell him to take his fitness seriously or just give it away.
He came back one of the fittest at the club in 2006 and never looked back.

Priddis and Jobe weren't explosive, but they were strong endurance runners that had enough speed to get from contest to contest and not get caught out in transition.
The trope that they were plodders that couldn't run is not based in reality. They weren't quick but they were strong power runners.

I think it’s more that neither would have tested well but had great footy IQ to know where to run to make use of what they had.

Merrett is a similar guy, never a star over 2km but very smart and uses his tank well.

But yes, that still requires them to take their fitness seriously and maximise what they’ve got.

I remember watching a preseason game at Subiaco against Essendon and watching Priddis, he would move from one contest and get ahead of the play by seeming to just know where the next contest he could get to would be. Was very impressive.

Cmon. Surely we're better than using things like this as a pejorative?
Who said it was a negative?
Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Lets not re write history. Jobe's career almost ended before it began before 2006 because he couldn't run. It took his dad to tell him to take his fitness seriously or just give it away.

Priddis and Jobe weren't explosive, but they were strong endurance runners that had enough speed to get from contest to contest and not get caught out in transition.
The trope that they were plodders that couldn't run is not based in reality. They weren't quick but they were strong power runners.

Wouldn't even say Jobe was a big endurance runner, his GPS numbers were in his own words 'laughable', even at his prime.

He relied on an elite football IQ of knowing the precise moments when to expend and conserve energy.

Jobe was by no means an endurance runner 😂
He was lucky to clock 10km a game
They moreorless allowed him to cheat and just go from stoppage to stoppage. He had elite footy iq to know where the ball was going to be before it even got there, if it wasn’t for that he’d be cooked as an afl player.

Wouldn't even say Jobe was a big endurance runner, his GPS numbers were in his own words 'laughable', even at his prime.

He relied on an elite football IQ of knowing the precise moments when to expend and conserve energy.

Jobe went on Dylan Buckley’s podcast recently and said he was only running 8kms per game in his prime, you’d assume that’s 2011-2015 ish.

Savant level intellect to dictate games when you can’t and won’t run.

Jobe went on Dylan Buckley’s podcast recently and said he was only running 8kms per game in his prime, you’d assume that’s 2011-2015 ish.

Messi has done the most walking of any player at the World Cup. Clearly modelled his game on Jobe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I love Jobe so much. I love everything about him. I want to get a Jobe tattoo. Of his face. On my face. What a legend.

Messi has done the most walking of any player at the World Cup. Clearly modelled his game on Jobe.

It’s quite funny to compare, Buckley’s response to that was that he once ran 16 kilometres in a full game and had 2 disposals or something stupid like that.

Sometimes blokes are just out there running.

Some OOC players that interest me next year:

Deven Robertson, Brodie Kemp, Sam Philp, Arlo Draper, Mitch Knevitt, Brayden Fiorini (fa, but probably look to trade if Parish leaves), Malcom Rosa's, Matthew Flynn (see Fiorini), Finn Callaghan, Xavier O'Halloran, Max Lynch, Josh Goater, Hunter Clark, Jack Bytel, Xavier O'Neill

I'll look at it as the year goes on. I still hope Brisbane win it so Conor can get his flag then come here to finish his career

All about Tom Green for me next year (Obviousily cost a leg) if he hasnt extended

Best free agent after a quick look... Jade Gresham. Hard to see him leaving and saints appear to have money and more mid clock available then us

Rosas
L.Schulz (I like as small forwards)

Finn Callaghan, id imagine cost a 1st rounder

Bit of talk over west half way through the year that Caleb Serong might want to go home....not sure hes exactly what we need

Last edited:
All about Tom Green for me next year (Obviousily cost a leg) if he hasnt extended

Best free agent after a quick look... Jade Gresham. Hard to see him leaving and saints appear to have money and more mid clock available then us

Rosas
L.Schulz (I like as small forwards)

Bit of talk over west half way through the year that Caleb Serong might want to go home....not sure hes exactly what we need
Green would be perfect, but he will have first rights to midfield minutes with Taranto and Hopper gone, not to mention GWS will be backing the dump truck up to pay him.

Zero chance he leaves imo.

Green would be perfect, but he will have first rights to midfield minutes with Taranto and Hopper gone, not to mention GWS will be backing the dump truck up to pay him.

Zero chance he leaves imo.
I mean hes first rights to midfield minutes at our club in 2024 aswell and many clubs id expect

Sometimes its hard to know how much money GWS have or dont have. They never seem to have cap space, but after losing all Jezza, Hopper and Taranto in a period of a few years, youd hope there is some room. If Hopper and Taranto have opened up some cap room then as you say he will be the one at the top of the list to recieve it

Its just whether he wants to get to Victoria, youd think he will have trouble turning down the expected money offers from GWS though

I think he complements the side perfectly. If we can't get Harley Reid or an out and out inside beast is going to be available, I'd happily move our first for him.

While I like him... that would be the most Dodoro acquisition ever.

What the hell is the point is having an 18 yo ruck training on?

Draper & Bryan, Phillips as back up. McBride at a pinch.

O’Keefe would be 4 years from having any kind of impact. Why waste the spot during those years when you could just lock away Bryan?

Only thing I can imagine is that they anticipate Bryan leaving and when that happens they want to have ruckmen on the list who are 5 years apart in age so there is actual succession, rather than two competing peers.

What the hell is the point is having an 18 yo ruck training on?

Draper & Bryan, Phillips as back up. McBride at a pinch.

O’Keefe would be 4 years from having any kind of impact. Why waste the spot during those years when you could just lock away Bryan?

Only thing I can imagine is that they anticipate Bryan leaving and when that happens they want to have ruckmen on the list who are 5 years apart in age so there is actual succession, rather than two competing peers.
It could just be ground work to get to know him in the anticipation we could be keen to pick up mid year or at next year's draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back