Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

No club likes to keep a player against their will...especially when Perth is so far away and thats where the Mrs wants to be. He rocks up to the brownlow disinterested, scruffy, the only bloke not wearing a tie..

Dropping hints I'd say.

We would have to part ways with a 1st which no one wants though.

yeah but he's not really being kept against his will is he? by all reports brisbane were happy to facilitate a trade if he asked for it.

They do. I remember in past years clubs were not allowed to announce trades on the last day until the final few hours when they had a televised event.

Your not wrong. They love 2 or 3 big ones in the last 2 hours. Feel like the Cerra trade may open the door for the big fish/Neale trade so i can see it earlier. If the Neale trade happens that will be the last Grand Royale trade..followed by a special sports Flashpoint talking about it.

The interesting side shows for me are Josh Kennedy (WCE) and Scott Pendlebury. Both as yet unsigned unrestricted free agents, both about to lose the leverage of that status if their deals are finalised by the 8th of October.

It's not that I suspect either to be moving anywhere and both are probably waiting like Mundy was last season for how much money is left.

If there is going to be movement on either of them as free agents it would make sense to get that done towards the end of the free agency period so it doesn't cause big problems with other trades... Right in the time for big news.

Heppell just bought a stud farm and moved in to a new house alongside Clarko's digs in Clarkson. I'm penciling that trade in for day 2.
I love this Clark bought a house in Clarkson joke. Pretty sure the poster was making his own joke about Alistair Clarkson buying a house in Coogee, which adds to Goddard’s Golf membership at Royal Perth. Heppell has bought a stud farm in Neerabup…I can dig that. Welcome aboard Heps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interesting side shows for me are Josh Kennedy (WCE) and Scott Pendlebury. Both as yet unsigned unrestricted free agents, both about to lose the leverage of that status if their deals are finalised by the 8th of October.

It's not that I suspect either to be moving anywhere and both are probably waiting like Mundy was last season for how much money is left.

If there is going to be movement on either of them as free agents it would make sense to get that done towards the end of the free agency period so it doesn't cause big problems with other trades... Right in the time for big news.
My same source (with connections to a WAFL club) who told me about Clark purchasing an expensive property in Perth last weekend also told me that Kennedy has a 1 year offer from WCE already in front of him. Kennedy likely to sign, but has apparently informed East Freo of a desire to finish his career with them - whether that is 2022 who knows?

Luke Jackson trying to lower his value for us? :oops:

Kinda want the Will Brodie rumours to freo to be true

Seems fairly innocent btw.

Unbelievable that this makes the news.

Promised my sauce i wouldn't mentioned names (i asked if i could but was told no) I can assure you the WA media are still protecting a few up the road. Stories are unbelievable..but so were some in the early 00s which turned out true.

The WA media is trash and if Clark does come through our doors he better keep a low profile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back