Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Also managed by Colin Young. The dude knows how to kick up a fuss to get his clients what they want I'll give him that. Move to Victoria for compassionate reasons lol, you gotta laugh.
You notice how Bobby Hill to Essendon is for family reasons because they got to set the public release of the information how they wanted.

The extra money isn't brought up at all.

Lobb moving to a longer contract worth more than his remaining money to a club in desperate need of both a genuine tall forward and a ruck - ooo would have been nice to be for family reasons to, too bad they didn't get to manage the release of that information.

You notice how Bobby Hill to Essendon is for family reasons because they got to set the public release of the information how they wanted.

The extra money isn't brought up at all.

Lobb moving to a longer contract worth more than his remaining money to a club in desperate need of both a genuine tall forward and a ruck - ooo would have been nice to be for family reasons to, too bad they didn't get to manage the release of that information.
He did label GWS a family club and that Lobb is best mates with all folk over there and is desperate to get back haha. Its even more flimsy. Although I noticed that on all the West Australian articles on the topic it mentions that Lobb will take a "pay cut" to go to GWS, the fact that it is a longer contract and thus worth more isn't really brought up.

On Lobb how about the club comes out and and says.
“We have offered to renogiate Rory’s contract to give him the security he and his managers so obviously require. 3 years with a performance clause for a 4th”
Bell talked aground this in his interview on ABC on Sat.
Doesn’t matter if it’s true makes Young look like an even bigger “catfish”

I think Freo would have already said that at current utility in the team, current output, his next contract offer after the next two years will be one or two years at half the value - but if he were to lift particularly in the ruck, then there would be a better deal on offer then but we will wait two years to see how that plays out.

Not a single player should hear that and not try and secure their career at his age.

Milking me for ideas Moo :p
Posted this earlier, great minds think alike.;)

I'm not up to that part of the thread yet ....I stop and watched the U19 game.

I tell you Salim ...you're my burner account- though I never picked Naughton so that can be our point of difference.

I think Freo would have already said that at current utility in the team, current output, his next contract offer after the next two years will be one or two years at half the value - but if he were to lift particularly in the ruck, then there would be a better deal on offer then but we will wait two years to see how that plays out.

Not a single player should hear that and not try and secure their career at his age.
I wasn’t suggesting we actually make that offer just force Young to say he Lobb doesn’t want to stay instead of the bull spin he’s been putting on it.

Trouble with that is you’re left with a player who doesn’t want to be there and that sort of contagion can be dangerous to a club culture.

Digging in and saying Lobb for 13 means we keep him….if we got that for him - 100% take it.

I’d rather get creative and say you give us 13 & 2 Future 2‘s and we’ll give you 19 and Lobb.

Do it quickly and get to work on turning those futures into something.

6, 8, 13 & Clark/22 ….gets you the mid you want and possibly the 2 forwards you want.

Still feel like keeping him for 2 years to either contribute to our forwardline or sook in the WAFL and let him walk then is still better than trading for anything less than straight swap pick 13. Lobb knows he's not easily replaced, and letting him dictate to us anyway seems like an uncomfy precedent.

I wasn’t suggesting we actually make that offer just force Young to say he Lobb doesn’t want to stay instead if the bull spin he’s been putting in it
M
The only leverage we need is to publicly state that we value Rory highly, he is a required player for 2022 and 2023 and it would take a remarkable deal for us to consider releasing him in a trade.

Rory Lobb is one of the highest paid players at the club, contracted for another two years - of course we value him highly, hence the high value multi year contract remaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t pick 4, Adelaide’s Future 1st and Melbourne’s Future 1st already be a better offer than that?

Adelaide's offer in effect is #6, potentially 5 to 10 and then 10 to 20.

I think we can get pick #1 if we hold pick #2.

Is it time we only ever refer to him as c***n or y***g because he probably gets joy seeing his name come up on BigFooty?

No doubt he is playing it up for the trade and draft documentary that is being filmed right now. It is his moment to claim the mantle of GOAT, and he is ruthlessly damaging us in the process.

I love JHF but we should absolutely not sell the entire farm and the beak glass in case of emergency farm to get him.

Would rather we just "stayed in regular contact" to remind him that we love him.

Agreed. I'd rather we keep our 3 excellent picks and just tag him whenever we play his team. If you don't own him, you can at least pwn him.

Personally this is how I’d do it. I’m firmly in the ‘we have the best young ruck in the league so a ruck/fwd isn’t all that high a priority’ but think we could find someone suitable with the strategy below. Definitely keep pick 22 contracted players are too expensive plus IMHO Clark will be a dud.

Trade Lobb for the 2x 2nds.
Draft 6&8 - best pure mid and one of Amiss/JVR
19 - best outside mid
22 - Williams
Take Benning late in the draft maybe even Cripps/Mcbean in the RD if we’re that concerned about ruck/fwd.

Next year PSD for Clark because I think we’ll have a high pick and don’t think his value will improve (and f!!k Geel). Use all our 2022 draft picks.
Truth is no matter what happens we ain’t winning the flag in 2022 but 2023-27 we should be up to our necks in it.

It's a smart move by him, IMO. The Bombers are on the rise and they need his kind of support for an aging McDonald-Tippa'. Especially since Irving Mosquito quit footy. I reckon Hill will thrive at the Dons.
not a king of the hill fan i see

ha lol i wish dennis commeti was still commentating. can you imagine the puns.

cox to cox. freo seem to be sharing the ball today however, they seem to be missing three.
cox and cox are competing for the same ball.
careful with this team they are striding out with two cox on display.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back