AFL would have 'no hesitation' suspending Fev

Remove this Banner Ad

How stupid is voss going to feel if Fev gets a long holiday? Thing is from what Voss has said, they were aware all along of the allegations against him concerning the journalist. From the long silences coming from Fev, you would have to think that where there's smoke there's fire, at least in this case?

If he goes for a long stint, can Brisbane reverse their trade?? Otherwise they are in DEEP shite.

I wouldn't like to be in the journo's shoes at the moment though...In affect, she has Fev's career in the palm of her hand. If the allegations are serious, Fev's in big trouble...

They'll certainly go him hard if the lady concerned give them half an opportunity.

Anderson's such an arrogant little **** that the headlock Fev had him in would see him just burning with revenge. It was the one good thing Fev did that night. :thumbsu:

They'll certainly go him hard if the lady concerned give them half an opportunity.

Anderson's such an arrogant little **** that the headlock Fev had him in would see him just burning with revenge. It was the one good thing Fev did that night. :thumbsu:

Ha, I didn't see that part of the footage? Was it on the footy show street talk? Would like to see it too. Anderson is a w***er...

Revenge? You've got to be bloody kidding me?

The AFL are looking after Fev because they know Fev is dollars in the bank. They know too a prelonged sex scandal would damage their 'brand'.

The AFL are hiding behind excuses in the hope this will fade when we get our next footballer behaving badly story.

Their behaviour and lack of action is deplorable.

FFS it happened nearly a month ago and she's still not sure whether she wants to press charges?

You do know the absolute wrath of the male population that would descend on her if she came forward?

FFS it happened nearly a month ago and she's still not sure whether she wants to press charges?

Unless he r*ped her what's the point of pressing charges?

Don't know about you but most women I know don't like being painted as ****s when you know he's going to get a slap on the wrist at best?

The AFL know that and it's why they are hiding behind the "we don't have a complaint" excuse.

I bet AA & AD haven't even met/talked with the women knowing full well who she is. I bet too they haven't spoken to others that witnessed the event.

The AFL might have a Sex & Responsibility policy but the people in charge don't understand what it should be trying to achieve. If a footballer can hide behind the 'no complaint' excuse then it puts all the responsibility on the women.

The AFL know that and it's why they are hiding behind the "we don't have a complaint" excuse.
Yep, and statements like this also put added psychological pressure on the woman NOT to make a formal complaint. She is less likely to want to come forward if she keeps getting reminded what a shitstorm she will be causing.

Which also ties into

The AFL are looking after Fev because they know Fev is dollars in the bank. They know too a prelonged sex scandal would damage their 'brand'.

Which I also agree with.

Anderson knows what he is doing when he makes statements to the media like this. It is all very calculated with the sole intention of protecting the Brand.

Unless he r*ped her what's the point of pressing charges?

Don't know about you but most women I know don't like being painted as ****s when you know he's going to get a slap on the wrist at best?

I bet AA & AD haven't even met/talked with the women knowing full well who she is. I bet too they haven't spoken to others that witnessed the event.

The AFL might have a Sex & Responsibility policy but the people in charge don't understand what it should be trying to achieve. If a footballer can hide behind the 'no complaint' excuse then it puts all the responsibility on the women.

Fair enough, just wondering why this was still in the news. AFL posturing explains it.

really struggling to understand the AFL's stance on this one. are they that worried GC17 will flunk that they need brisbane bottoming out when GC17 comes in so most non-commital footy fans in queensland gravitate to the new team?

brisbane are a protected species but the AFL's protection is possibly about to be withdrawn for GC17's fledgling year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Revenge? You've got to be bloody kidding me?

The AFL are hiding behind excuses in the hope this will fade when we get our next footballer behaving badly story.

Their behaviour and lack of action is deplorable.

The fact that Anderson has firmly put it out there publicly again yestrerday - despite the fact they've been urging the reporter involved to lodge a complaint for three weeks - is a pretty clear indication of Anderson's intent.

Ha, I didn't see that part of the footage? Was it on the footy show street talk? Would like to see it too. Anderson is a w***er...

I don't believe there is any footage although i would in all seriousness happily pay for the enjoyment it would give me. :D

Makes you wonder why they didnt mention this with any of the players that have actually been charged with assaulting their girlfriends or other women. It is all about image.

Makes you wonder why they didnt mention this with any of the players that have actually been charged with assaulting their girlfriends or other women. It is all about image.

That's a very good point. Throw in the Hurley incident and a lot of others over the years as well.

I strongly doubt anything further is going to happen, but if the AFL try to suspend Fevola for this for a lengthy period of time then there are likely to be big legal implications.

It's unlikely the Woman will come forward. She will always be the woman Fevola assaulted rather than sports journalist in her own right.

She wont be able to build an independent career around that.

Cas, I agree, regardless of what happened (and only Fev and her know what happened). She's been given plenty of time, but it seems unlikely now that she's not going to take action. I hope Fev has learnt his lesson, whatever that may be, and can go on and kick a lot of goals next year.

I hope Fev has learnt his lesson, whatever that may be, and can go on and kick a lot of goals next year.

Why would he learn this time when he hasn't in the past?

Still has his fat contract and a whole new army of sycophants to defend his actions.

Won't be long and we'll see the "New Brendan" articles waxing lyrical about his change of environment and how he's turned his life around. The birth of his next child should provide plenty of PR opportunities.

Carlton's culture will be trashed, Brisbane's praised.

It's so predictable.

In a few months Brendan will believe his own PR and in his own mind the ends will justify the means and it won't have been his fault anyway.

The only thing Brendan has learnt from this episode is he can do almost anything he likes while he keeps kicking goals.

It's turning into a witch hunt by Anderson and he doesn't want to let this one go.

What ever happens, whoever allowed him to get that pissed in a licenced venue needs their arse kicked just as badly.

Being blind drunk is never a let off for anything you do while under the influence but he should never have been that drunk in the first place.

It's turning into a witch hunt by Anderson and he doesn't want to let this one go.

They're not actually doing anything though, they're just making noises consistent with the policy which creates an illusion of respect towards women. The anti-racism policy worked because the AFL backed it with action, but they'll find their brand of social engineering a lot more difficult to enforce off the field.

Gee the VFL are threatning suspensions now Fev has moved to an interstate club...who would of thunk it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Should of stayed at the Blues would of been 'swept under the carpet'

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL would have 'no hesitation' suspending Fev

Remove this Banner Ad

Back